TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on linkedin - we had a phone screening - and then I was brought into the office for an interview. I had to wait at least 40 minutes in the lobby for interviewer because he had a phone call - probably closer to 50 because I came early for my interview.. The waiting didn't bother me as much as the fact that after receiving the rejecting email.. I emailed immediately asking if I could get feedback for my interview & never heard back. I just feel like, as a recruiting agency.. feedback is really important to help candidates grow in their career. I didn't feel valued before & especially after the process.

After the first phone interview, I asked the recruiter if he had any questions that might affect me moving on to the next round. Surprisingly, the recruiter was low-key pretty harsh- because despite the fact that I had an amazing track record of high involvement on campus, multiple leadership scholarships, & TOP corporate internships.. he said the hiring manager might judge me on the months that I have been unemployed following my graduation - and that he might think I'm quote: "LAZY" (Does he think that? Or do you already think that?).. He continued to ask me unnecessary questions related to my unemployment - like ... whether or not I had student loans that I needed to pay off - since I haven't been working. (How is that your business??)

I'm far from entitled & worked extremely hard in everything I've achieved - I just wish there was a little more empathy & that we focused on my skill sets instead. I've never been judged on my post-grad "gap" before even though I was keeping busy during that time & giving back to society (I was studying for an advanced certification & also mentoring college students - my mentees are successful - and having been interviewing at Sandisk, Facebook & Nvidia). To put this in perspective .. it's as if a life-long athlete fell off the tracks for a few months - and started already hitting the gym to get back in shape - and then a trainer approaches them to tell them they are lazy.

Yes, I'm not going to lie.. this did affect me for a short amount of time.. but I got back on my feet & just accepted an offer at a tech-giant on my own. Although, as an advocate for students- I know this could really damage people's morale & confidence esp. since being unemployed is a a very emotional/difficult/depressing time in the lives of candidates - again, interrogating someone's unemployment (esp. if they weren't even fired - & just gradated college) - doesn't help anyone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have student loans?   Answer Question
    • Are you interviewing anywhere else? Did you get an offer? Are you still talking to them?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2017.

Interview

My interview at TEKsystems consisted of a phone interview, one one one interview, then a next day half day shadow. They kept saying how hard the job is and how stressful it was. It felt like they did not want me to be there or take the job if it was even offered. Not sure why they did the half day shadow if they were not seriously interested.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Brief phone call and in-person interview. After the interview I was given feedback and an opportunity to follow back up with the interviewer about the questions he wanted me to answer in a phone call, in person or over email. I contacted the interviewer 2-3 times to schedule an in person or phone follow up. It never panned out, no follow up call as promised, I never received the window or time the interviewer told me I'd have to provide further details in the next meeting. If you're going to tell someone you're giving them an opportunity and they follow up on it, it's your job to follow through. Flip the situation around, if I'm a recruiter and I did that to a candidate, that's a sour taste for the company I'm representing.

Interview Questions

• Started off just talking shop, getting to know each other. First big question:"Tell me a little more about who you are and what has brought you here."   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter, and had a phone interview then an in person interview with a director about a week later. I never received a follow up, neither a generic rejection email, phone call or online application change. For a recruiting company, their interview process is a bit broken to leave candidates hanging for over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview is on the phone with a recruiter. Second Interview was in person with the delivery manager. Third interview was with two more managers, followed by a few hours of shadowing recruiters.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I met with a campus recruiter and then had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had a interview at the office. The interview process was conversational. The recruiter I met was very helpful and both interviewers were very personable. They wanted to get to know you as a person to see if you were a good fit for the company. The in person interview lasted about an hour.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

General phone interview. Was told I'd receive correspondence if they were or were not going to move forward with me. Never heard a response even after sending multiple follow up emails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After a referral, I was reached out by a corporate recruiter. He was very nice and sociable. We scheduled for an in-person interview over the phone but the email sent later was at a different time than discussed. Emails had a couple typos.

Couple weeks later, met with a Sales Manager and DBO, if I remember correctly. They tell you to throw everything you know about interviewing out the door and they barrage you with questions. They ask about your family and what they do for a living. Each of them often interrupted me or each other because they ask questions sporadically. I think they use this approach to try and get past your walls and really try to get to know you.

Towards the end, I mentioned I was interviewing at a competing recruiting agency and had a final round interview that week. This was a mistake because they told me to 1) go to the interview with the rival company 2) call three random TEKsystems offices and interview a senior recruiter 3) get back to them to see if I wanted to continue with the interviewing process. I see it as kind of a cheap sales tactic they used.

After the interview, I called 5 TEKsystems offices and interviewed senior recruiters like they suggested. I sent follow-up emails to both the corporate recruiter and the DBO. The DBO replied saying they changed their mind and wouldn't be continuing with me. The corporate recruiter had no idea; there was obviously a lack of communication between them. Their process seemed fairly unprofessional for the reputation they try to hold up. They are leading the nation in tech recruiting but will soon be overtaken by another firm. They seem to have a good culture, though, and they take pride in that. Definitely a sales culture.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What does your sister do for a living?
      What does your mother do for a living?
      What was your family like growing up?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter, followed by an in person interview with 2 account managers and then a half day shadow with 3 recruiters and 2 account managers. Asked a lot of personal questions like what members of your family do. They want to see that you're coachable but self motivated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Various phone call "interview" conversations with recruiter then you complete an online assessment for your career history. I was offered in-person interview about two weeks after initially being in contact with recruiter. Arrived early for interview and the manager kept me waiting for 30 minutes before he was available to begin the hour long process. I was asked more personal questions than professional questions about my experience. Also, I was asked to be completely honest about my "dream career" and told that my answer would not be used against me. The manager explained that he understands IT staffing is not anyone's dream career. However, my honesty was later used as the reason why I was not offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from?   1 Answer
    • Why did you attend college? Did you work your way through college?   Answer Question