TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview in the Roanoke, VA location. Honestly it was the worst interview experience of my life, and the two employees who were interviewing me were intense and told me they thought I was afraid of disappointing my parents. I answered a question honestly and the lady told me she didn't believe me. I was in the interview for over 2 hours to the point my roommate almost called the company to check on me. Prior to leaving, I was told to let them know if I was interested in the next step of the interview - I ceased contact with them. About a week later they sent me a rejection email. I would run from this company.

Interview Questions

• Asking extremely personal questions about personal life (friends, which parent I was closer with)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I had a phone interview then was asked to go in for an in person interview. The man who interviewed me was cold and made the interview more nerve-wrecking than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• List these adjectives in order from 1-5, 1 being the adjective that best describes you and 5 being the one that describes you the least: Customer service, loyalty, competitive, compassion, creative   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Greensboro, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews for this position: an Open house with everyone in the office, a one on one with the DBO and a panel interview with 3 of the account managers. Each interview lasted well over 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• In the One on One with the DBO you are asked for an example of how you have lived each of the core values of Teksystems, which they explained to everyone in the Open House.
      In the panel interview which was the most difficult, you are asked many standard interview questions, and then some nontraditional ones as well. Expect the "what is your biggest failure and your greatest weakness" questions, and also specific personal questions in which their goal is to "lock you down" and make sure you are dedicated enough for the position.   Answer Question

Systems Network Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Sandy, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

The agent from Teksys in Fort Union Utah was not friendly and seemed racist,he kept asking question about where I am from even i told him before, he did not ask any important question and it felt that Interview is going nowhere , when the interview finished i asked him about whats the next step , he said he will send me a online test which he did but that test was not about the job i was applying for. I was wondering what he was testing for but it was clear that this agent was pushing me away.tried to contact him with email but he never got back to me, it was waste of time and gas to visit this company. I wish TEksys help themselves to hire right people for their company before helping others

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Bhubaneswar (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

These Process includes 1 written test(QUANT,DI,LOGICAL REASONING,PROGRAMMING,2Ques about the company).
    The top 60 students went for GD round.The topics were basically on latest development.
    Those who cleared the GD went fpr the technical interview and then HR intwrview

Interview Questions

• There were questions related to number system,time n work,time n distance,permutation,probability,DI,logical reasoning,programming(was tough)   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

This was such a bizarre interview process. I literally have phone calls to talk about "grinding" and all the hard work I *probably* wasn't ready for like 5 times. I went to lunch with employees, shadowed a few people, had more one-on-ones, and STILL hadn't gotten a yes or no. For a company that recruits as a passion, you'd think they would learn how to make it a simpler process for those involved. I traveled SEVERAL times across the state to be at these interviews, and it was frustrating that I kept having to come back, have hour long phonecalls, or sit through lunch-interviews.

I finally just told them I found a position somewhere else, which I had, after several weeks of getting 0 positive remarks from Teksystems.

Don't exhaust your potential hires. It was frustrating and confusing that they were obviously interested in me, but were not fully committed. I don't want to me involved with an indecisive company such as this.

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter by email to let me know that my resume had been received, and she would like to follow up with me the next day to find out exactly what I was looking for. Well, I did not receive a call from her until three days later. We played phone tag for about a week, then through email we scheduled a phone screening. After the phone screening, I had an in depth phone interview two days later. The phone interview lasted for about an hour. After the phone interview, I realized that this was not a company that I wanted to work for (it was one of the most intense interviews that I have ever had).

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about the company from the website? (After I responded with what I thought was a detailed response, the recruiter asked me if there was anything else that I would like to add. Then she gave me an entire history of the company).

Do you mix business and your personal life?

How did you handle offering criticism to a previous or current co-worker?

Why are you looking for another position?

How long have you been looking for a new position? What types of positions have you applied for? Have you had any other interviews? What is the status? (I felt quite uncomfortable and awkward responding to the last set of questions because I felt like this information is my personal business).   Answer Question

QA Architect, Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

The worst interview process I have ever experienced. No one meeting went unchanged. The interview process was a month long. The 4th week I was asked to fly across the country to meet with the Practice Director and a Manager. It was 2 days of travel for a 3 hour disastrous interview which felt like an interrogation. The Practice Director did not show for the meeting and I was notified 20 minutes before she was supposed to pick me up. The Manager called me and said he would be 15 minutes late, that he did not know he would be meeting with me. REALLY!! When he picked me up he apologized for his attire of t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. Most unprofessional interview I have ever been part of.

Interview Questions

• When asked "How would you deal with someone that just wasn't in agreement with me as the team manager?" Then he said "Or would you just tell him he needs to do as the Queen asks". That wasn't a question but an insult.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No your bottom line

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two TEK phone interviews before interview with prospective contract client. Interviews with TEK were mainly as expected, questions about my experience, past job history, industry certifications, along with some personal history. I found the interview with my client to be much more technical related. I was interviewed, by phone, for two hours without a break, hammered with questions from all around...The interviewers were very personable, and I could tell they were very team oriented (which I like). I was thrown a couple times by a couple of old school transport layer questions as well as a couple from an obviously experienced database admin. I held my own and eventually got the contract. Still not quite a year since joining the company,and I am pretty happy so far.

Interview Questions

• Define the TCP handshake? wasn't expecting that one...   1 Answer