TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

First a phone interview, then a face to face interview with Hiring Manager, Senior Manager, and Test Team Lead to discuss your background, experience, various test scenarios and such.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle writing test cases with little to no requirements given?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by TEK Systems for the contract position to support a company completing a upgrade project.
    Filled out online application and interviewed with the hiring manager completed drug test and security and safety classes.

Interview Questions

• If someone disabled the USB ports on a computer that used USB keyboard and mouse, how would you fix the problem.   1 Answer

Senior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed the human resources recruiter and the Hiring Manager. I was asked about my software experiences from my CV and to give them examples of using those experiences. After this interview process, I had to interview with the client that I would be working with about work specifics at this client's site.

Recruiter/Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Initial interview went okay, I honestly wasn't expecting much to come from it. Got an email later that afternoon from my recruiter asking me to apply on their online site and she will be in contact for the second interview. Got an email from a second recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview with me. We had it scheduled and then when she called me she realized I had already interviewed and said my initial recruiter will be in contact to schedule the second interview. Got an email the next day saying they went another direction. I felt pretty upset about the lack of organization and how unprofessional it was.

Sales/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke with an internal recruiter for thirty minutes about myself and any question I may have had about the company. At the end of the interview, I was asked how interested I was in the position. From there I was scheduled to attend an in person interview last about 1 hour. They do not have it in there budget to provide travel assistance. I was told after my in-person interview, I may be asked to shadow for part of the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a several week interview process. I initially applied with an inside recruiter and discussed the opportunity with the company and my experiences. I then met with one of the Director of Operations, and was asked to come back to shadow and meet the Account Manger before meeting with the other Director of Operations. Overall it was a great experience and is more conversational rather then being drilled with questions. They want to know you are a hard worker and can push through obstacles. Have some good examples that show this and tie these experiences into a sales role and how it makes you a good fir for that role

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do?
      What is an obstacle you had to overcome?
      What is a challenge you had to overcome?
      How have these challenges changed you?
      How did you pay for college? If you did not work or involved in any activities make sure you can justify how you still managed time accordingly.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in-person interview with an a manager. Phone interview was standard as the recruiter went over my past experiences and the responsibilities of the job. The in-person interview lasted over an hour and was a huge waste of the time and very unprofessional, as the manager pretty told me why I would fail at the job. He also spent the majority of the interview asking irrelevant personal questions instead of talking about my past professional experiences or the job itself. Overall, it was a waste of time and I wouldn't have accepted the position if it was offered.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Very well-done. I was asked about my experience, told about TEKSystems and I told them what I brought to the table. I was going to go through the final interview process but I was unable to secure reliable transport to the job, so I declined. It was a great experience though!

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Short and to the point. I was interviewed on prior experience and tested on my skills. The recruiter was pleasant and the overall experience was encouraging. The office was easy to locate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening -> Phone interview -> In Person interview with DBO + Account Manager -> Half day shadow with a lead recruiter, recruiter, and an Account Manager -> Offer. Most people who heard about TEK or applied to TEK were referred in. If you weren't, try to get in touch with someone who currently works at the office you're applying for and ask to connect on linkedin for some tips for the interview. They're looking for people who can build relationships and have been through struggles. Being a recruiter is not an easy job, you have to be mentally strong and be able to push through. It's a sales job in the end so they're looking for aggressive and hard working people. They don't want to hire a used car salesman, they want someone who have the qualities of a salesman and are able to be molded into their own kind of salesman, make sure you have example of times when you receive feedback and changed for the better.