TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

371 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Brief phone call and in-person interview. After the interview I was given feedback and an opportunity to follow back up with the interviewer about the questions he wanted me to answer in a phone call, in person or over email. I contacted the interviewer 2-3 times to schedule an in person or phone follow up. It never panned out, no follow up call as promised, I never received the window or time the interviewer told me I'd have to provide further details in the next meeting. If you're going to tell someone you're giving them an opportunity and they follow up on it, it's your job to follow through. Flip the situation around, if I'm a recruiter and I did that to a candidate, that's a sour taste for the company I'm representing.

Interview Questions

• Started off just talking shop, getting to know each other. First big question:"Tell me a little more about who you are and what has brought you here."   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter, and had a phone interview then an in person interview with a director about a week later. I never received a follow up, neither a generic rejection email, phone call or online application change. For a recruiting company, their interview process is a bit broken to leave candidates hanging for over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview is on the phone with a recruiter. Second Interview was in person with the delivery manager. Third interview was with two more managers, followed by a few hours of shadowing recruiters.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I met with a campus recruiter and then had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had a interview at the office. The interview process was conversational. The recruiter I met was very helpful and both interviewers were very personable. They wanted to get to know you as a person to see if you were a good fit for the company. The in person interview lasted about an hour.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

General phone interview. Was told I'd receive correspondence if they were or were not going to move forward with me. Never heard a response even after sending multiple follow up emails.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was very casual and chill. Wasn't the worst interview I've ever had, but I definitely felt like I put more effort into it than they did. Felt more like a casual conversation than an interview, which was a little shocking at first.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I got an offer but the people interviewing me were very rude and should not be representing the company. Turned it down because of the bad behavior. Got an offer from Modis I'm taking that. Better culture there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Multiple interviews, one in person and one day job shadowing. They hire anybody, it's a churn and burn operation. They try to sell you on the job, which is your first clue this place is a scam.

Interview Questions

• There aren't any tough questions, it's informal they want you to take the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After a referral, I was reached out by a corporate recruiter. He was very nice and sociable. We scheduled for an in-person interview over the phone but the email sent later was at a different time than discussed. Emails had a couple typos.

Couple weeks later, met with a Sales Manager and DBO, if I remember correctly. They tell you to throw everything you know about interviewing out the door and they barrage you with questions. They ask about your family and what they do for a living. Each of them often interrupted me or each other because they ask questions sporadically. I think they use this approach to try and get past your walls and really try to get to know you.

Towards the end, I mentioned I was interviewing at a competing recruiting agency and had a final round interview that week. This was a mistake because they told me to 1) go to the interview with the rival company 2) call three random TEKsystems offices and interview a senior recruiter 3) get back to them to see if I wanted to continue with the interviewing process. I see it as kind of a cheap sales tactic they used.

After the interview, I called 5 TEKsystems offices and interviewed senior recruiters like they suggested. I sent follow-up emails to both the corporate recruiter and the DBO. The DBO replied saying they changed their mind and wouldn't be continuing with me. The corporate recruiter had no idea; there was obviously a lack of communication between them. Their process seemed fairly unprofessional for the reputation they try to hold up. They are leading the nation in tech recruiting but will soon be overtaken by another firm. They seem to have a good culture, though, and they take pride in that. Definitely a sales culture.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What does your sister do for a living?
      What does your mother do for a living?
      What was your family like growing up?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter, followed by an in person interview with 2 account managers and then a half day shadow with 3 recruiters and 2 account managers. Asked a lot of personal questions like what members of your family do. They want to see that you're coachable but self motivated.