TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.8

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I applied via online. Recruiter messaged back and we set up a phone call/interview. Was asked about what my interest are, my experience, and more technical and behavioral questions. Overall a very nice, easy going conversation focused on learning about the person who is applying.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter, and had a phone interview then an in person interview with a director about a week later. I never received a follow up, neither a generic rejection email, phone call or online application change. For a recruiting company, their interview process is a bit broken to leave candidates hanging for over a month.

Junior NET DEVELOPER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Spoke on phone, and then they emailed me online skills review tests, which I found to be outdated. I took the tests and emailed back to them and never heard back.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

By far one of the worst experiences I have ever had in my career. I was contacted by some fresh-out-of-college "recruiter" about a PO role at a local organization. I reluctantly spoke with him as I knew this particular organization, the organization which had apparently issued the contract to Teksystems, had a troubled recruiting process. I likewise knew their compensation would not be in line with what I was looking for. But, according to this kid, they had finally overcome their compensation issues and were willing to pay a competitive rate. So, since I had interviewed with the organization in the past and had a good relationship with the manager, I told him I'd be happy to chat with them again.

Here's where things fell apart: he asked for references but did not explain at what point they would be contacted. I assumed this would not occur until an interview had been conducted. To my surprise and chagrin, my boss was contacted as well as my other references the same day I submitted the references. Similarly disconcerting was the fact that it was not the recruiter who contacted them, it was someone else at Teksystems with whom I had never spoken. At this point, I politely requested that the recruiter explain next steps explicitly going forward. God forbid we be on the same page.

The afternoon before I was to interview with the organization, I received a call from the recruiter. His voicemail indicated the manager was no longer interested in speaking with me. Mind you, I had scheduled time off work to honor this meeting. So I called him back a few minutes later, he didn't answer. I left a message indicating I would like to speak with him before the interview was officially canceled. I never heard back from him.

I was able to get in contact with the other individual who had called my references. She explained that the hiring manager said I was a legal liability but was unwilling to query him further with what that meant, or simply try to arbitrate the situation.

Not surprisingly, I never heard back from the poor excuse of a recruiter. After doing some digging, I came to find out that Teksystems was never given a contract from this organization. So the real legal liability is the fact that they're misrepresenting their business dealings.

If you're contacted by their recruiting "professionals", be circumspect in how you work with them.

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening was average and the follow ups could be improved (didn't email me when they said they would and would just ignore my emails altogether, but then call to talk about other positions like nothing happened)

My real issue is with the interview with the client itself. I never heard of a recruiter sitting in on the interview between the hiring client and the interviewee. It's even more awkward when I didn't answer a question as efficiently as I could've and the recruiter passes questionable looks with the client. Seriously? Very weird.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview is on the phone with a recruiter. Second Interview was in person with the delivery manager. Third interview was with two more managers, followed by a few hours of shadowing recruiters.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Your standard over the phone interview that included a sample of coding. They looked at my history of work and college and were interested in bringing me onboard. From what I hear, it was a fairly standard interview for a software development position.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a program and make it so that it is testable later on?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Met with them at their offices in Columbia. Mostly an informative interview with the interviewer explaining the job and the possibilities with the company after graduation, then a question and answer portion tailored towards finding out about my background

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I met with a campus recruiter and then had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had a interview at the office. The interview process was conversational. The recruiter I met was very helpful and both interviewers were very personable. They wanted to get to know you as a person to see if you were a good fit for the company. The in person interview lasted about an hour.

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty straightforward. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, who wanted to learn about my background and my interests. I was originally being considered for a strategic communication management / organizational development analyst position, but the recruiter was able to find a technical editor position, and wanted to submit my resume for that instead. Because this is a staffing company, I only interviewed with the recruiter and then with the Organizational Development Analyst Account Managers for TEKsystems (I didn't have to interview with the client directly).

Interview Questions

• I was a recent graduate with a M.S. degree and I was asked about what types of classes I had taken and what types of project work I had done in those classes that might relate to this role.   Answer Question