TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

3.1

379 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2017.

Interview

VERY long process that includes a phone screening, phone interview, in person interview and then a half day shadow. Unnecessarily long interview process for what the job entails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Short interview process, just 2 interviews with the internal recruiter then an in person with the manager. Very simple process but she does take a while to get back to you at first.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a several week interview process. I initially applied with an inside recruiter and discussed the opportunity with the company and my experiences. I then met with one of the Director of Operations, and was asked to come back to shadow and meet the Account Manger before meeting with the other Director of Operations. Overall it was a great experience and is more conversational rather then being drilled with questions. They want to know you are a hard worker and can push through obstacles. Have some good examples that show this and tie these experiences into a sales role and how it makes you a good fir for that role

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do?
      What is an obstacle you had to overcome?
      What is a challenge you had to overcome?
      How have these challenges changed you?
      How did you pay for college? If you did not work or involved in any activities make sure you can justify how you still managed time accordingly.   Answer Question

Recruiter/Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Initial interview went okay, I honestly wasn't expecting much to come from it. Got an email later that afternoon from my recruiter asking me to apply on their online site and she will be in contact for the second interview. Got an email from a second recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview with me. We had it scheduled and then when she called me she realized I had already interviewed and said my initial recruiter will be in contact to schedule the second interview. Got an email the next day saying they went another direction. I felt pretty upset about the lack of organization and how unprofessional it was.

Sales/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke with an internal recruiter for thirty minutes about myself and any question I may have had about the company. At the end of the interview, I was asked how interested I was in the position. From there I was scheduled to attend an in person interview last about 1 hour. They do not have it in there budget to provide travel assistance. I was told after my in-person interview, I may be asked to shadow for part of the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in-person interview with an a manager. Phone interview was standard as the recruiter went over my past experiences and the responsibilities of the job. The in-person interview lasted over an hour and was a huge waste of the time and very unprofessional, as the manager pretty told me why I would fail at the job. He also spent the majority of the interview asking irrelevant personal questions instead of talking about my past professional experiences or the job itself. Overall, it was a waste of time and I wouldn't have accepted the position if it was offered.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening -> Phone interview -> In Person interview with DBO + Account Manager -> Half day shadow with a lead recruiter, recruiter, and an Account Manager -> Offer. Most people who heard about TEK or applied to TEK were referred in. If you weren't, try to get in touch with someone who currently works at the office you're applying for and ask to connect on linkedin for some tips for the interview. They're looking for people who can build relationships and have been through struggles. Being a recruiter is not an easy job, you have to be mentally strong and be able to push through. It's a sales job in the end so they're looking for aggressive and hard working people. They don't want to hire a used car salesman, they want someone who have the qualities of a salesman and are able to be molded into their own kind of salesman, make sure you have example of times when you receive feedback and changed for the better.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an on-campus job fair. A few weeks later, another recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was probably the worst job interview I have had thus far; the woman that interviewed me was completely uninterested and said "okay, definitely" to every question I answered. She asked very personal and somewhat irrelevant questions to the position I was applying for.

Fast forward to a week later, the recruiter e-mailed me to schedule an on-site interview. As I was about to e-mail her back to set up a date, I got an automatic e-mail stating that they decided to go with another candidate. Overall, I feel as though the interview was very unprofessional - especially the fact that I was asked to schedule a date for an on-site interview and then hours later received an e-mail stating that I was denied the position.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Farmington, CT).

Interview

In-depth with phone interviews, an in-person interview, then a half-day. It was a good opportunity to learn more about the people that you were going to be surrounded by on a daily basis before actually accepting an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They really want to get to know you as a person. It's not like Wall Street corporations that want cookie cutter professional answers- BE YOURSELF HERE. They will tell you straight up that it's a tough job, emotional roller coaster, etc. Emphasize you're in it for the long haul- tell them you want to build a career here, not just your "first job". let them know you understand the hire from within system & why you like that. Ask them questions about manager/recruiter relationships, office culture, success measurement, growth opportunity.