TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.8

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview, then in person interview with job shadow. Phone interview was about an hour and asked semi personal questions, like where else I was interviewing and how much they were offering me. In person interview was strange. They wanted information from high school all the way until now. If they didn't like an answer you give, they will continue to ask it in many different ways until you give an answer they like.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2017.

Interview

The Manager interviewed 2 people at one time. The interview was not stressful , the interviewer asked a few basic technical questions. After the interview I had to go get shots and drug screen was working in a hospital environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about your past experiences?
      When can you start?   Answer Question

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was with the client, not with TekSystems, informative and friendly. Interviewed with Program Manager and Sr. Project Manager Lead. Was not prepared by TekSystems, in fact the wrong Job Description was provided, which put me into the position of having to shift questions about the job during the interview to understand job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience with multiple types of IT projects, managing workflow and teams. Why is there a 30 word minimum in this question field, seems un necessarily excessive, when there is no word counter.   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The first interview was a Group interview. Meet at TEKsystems with a group of 4 recruiters. The interview process verified my resume and consisted of experience and behavioral questions. From there I was sent on 2 interviews with the client for two different positions. I received offers for both.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Recruiter meets with you during interview and helps throught the process by prepping. Questions about experience and prokects were asked as well as things I enjoyed doing outside work. They asked some out of the box questions.

Interview Questions

• What super could you have if you could pick any?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Started off great and slowly got worse. I began the process in November with a number of phone interviews. Two weeks later I came in for an in person interview with two account managers. It went so well and I was so excited to work for this company. Two weeks later I came in for my half shadow (this is the part where it started becoming a mess). Questions about my professional experience weren't asked. Similar to what everyone else says, they begin asking you creepy, personal questions prying into your life. Sure, I get they want to preserve the "company culture" but I don't like it when someone literally asks me "What does your Fiance's DAD do for a living". That is not your business at all. Nor does it have anything to do with me as person. All they got out of that was more reason to pry into our lifestyle habits. Gets even worse, after meeting with like 5 people who were all doing the same thing you begin to feel exhausted. They forgot to have me meet with the DBO (aka the most important person) and by that point, I was already gone for a 3 week vacation and suggested I come in a THIRD TIME, it would literally be my 5th interview.

It seemed so promising and organized but over time it was just a mess. I accepted an offer elsewhere and stopped wasting my time with them.

Interview Questions

I'm not trying to sip their koolaid

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Various phone call "interview" conversations with recruiter then you complete an online assessment for your career history. I was offered in-person interview about two weeks after initially being in contact with recruiter. Arrived early for interview and the manager kept me waiting for 30 minutes before he was available to begin the hour long process. I was asked more personal questions than professional questions about my experience. Also, I was asked to be completely honest about my "dream career" and told that my answer would not be used against me. The manager explained that he understands IT staffing is not anyone's dream career. However, my honesty was later used as the reason why I was not offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from?   1 Answer
    • Why did you attend college? Did you work your way through college?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budd Lake, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Budd Lake, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

They had interviewed me once. We went out for coffee. Interview went well. They asked me to call them after the weekend if I was still interested. I called the interviewer's phone and left a message. He never called me back. I called the main office and asked for said person. They said "He was just asking about you - Ill talk to him and give you a call right back". I never got a call back. It was unprofessional of them to blow me off as they did.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I only made it to the phone screen portion. First off the interviewer did not call in the time frame they said that they would which I felt like was very unprofessional. My second complaint is that the interviewer seemed very disinterested with anything I had to say, regardless if it was a good or bad answer to her questions. I don't care if someone is giving the worst interview ever, as a recruiter you should still be enthusiastic and act like you care what they are saying. I also didn't like how personal of questions they asked, don't ask me how I paid for college or what my childhood was like. Those are very personal questions that are not pertinent to the job at all. I had a very negative experience and honestly if I had been offered to continue further I would have turned it down.

Interview Questions

• How did you fund your college?   1 Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Describe last 2 job experiences and as fraud analyst on your resume.
    She would not go into detail about the actual company she was servicing for interviewing needs.
    Very - unprofessional - called without introducing herself as a potential employer.
    Just asked if I had time to discuss a position I applied for online.
    Very organized behavior -
    I would take precaution before accepting a job in this form or fashion.

Interview Questions

• What type of compensation are you looking for?
      Do you know anyone else that would fit this position? They are looking for someone with a more technical background.   1 Answer