TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my campus career fair. She was very enthusiastic and welcoming, and I got her information to set up an initial phone screen interview. During the phone screen, it was conversational and informative. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The interview went well, so I thought, and I followed up with a thank you to the recruiters who interviewed me. They said I would hear from them at the end of the week, but the week ended and still no answer. I reached out to the recruiter again and still got no response. I completely understand not getting the job, it's competitive and not every company is the perfect fit for everyone. However, you would think a staffing firm would have the decency to tell someone who took time out of their day (I commuted two hours from school) that they have decided to go with other candidates.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Applied online in December, next day heard back from the internal recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen. A couple days later did the phone interview and was asked questions ranging from my experience, why I want to work at TEK, and random questions to get to know personality. I was then invited to an in-person interview with the director. That was very conversational, was asked questions like what motivates me, where do I see myself in 5 years, how my college was funded (kinda weird to ask), he asked me about my family, etc. I think they ask the more personal questions to see your personality and determine if you would be a good cultural fit for the company. I was then invited to a half day shadow/mini interview where I basically just rotated around from recruiters too account managers. I finished the day with a lunch with an account manager and recruiter. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me, where do I see myself in 5 years, how my college was funded (kinda weird to ask), asked about my family, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I've interviewed with them twice. My interviews were a year apart from each other and I have a solid resume and applicable experience. For both interviews, I made it to the 2nd round and never heard back afterwards. The interviewers I was also supposed to meet with turned out to not be who I was actually meeting with. Extremely unprofessional. They also ask really personal questions and go into a lot depth about your family life and what your parents do. I can't believe I wasted my time trying with this company. After this experience, this is definitely a company I would never want to work for.

Interview Questions

• How was your college financed?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Phone Interview with Corporate Recruiter
    In person with Account Manager's and DBO
    Half Day interview with Recruiter's

Each recruiter should go through a phone screen with the company Recruiter to complete initial assessments.

After that, you will meet with a panel of manager's to go in depth on your skills and career goals.

If you make it to the final round, you will be at an office for 1/2 day to watch the morning meeting (Red Zone), then you will meet with a few recruiters for mini-interviews, then you will meet with management 1 more time before you leave.

They will gather as a group to make a decision. (It's always good to send a thank you gift!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were challenged, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recent hire and alumnae from my university. She prepped me on the phone multiple times in very complete conversations. Because an inside professional had reached out to me, I was allowed to skip over the preliminary HR phone call, and was forwarded to an in-person interview with an account executive. I had a phone call with the scheduling admin, and then came into the office to meet the account exec and one employee below him. It was a very thorough interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you ever did? How did you learn from it? Where do you see yourself in five years? What do you think about sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Initial phone screening, followed by in-person interview, and then a half-day shadow. Overall about a 2-3 week process. The phone screening was your typical questions and was simple enough. The in-person interview was extensive -- over an hour long. Questions were fairly standard, with the exception of some personal questions (i.e. Where do your parents work, Tell me about a time in your personal life when you experienced failure, where else are you applying). The half-day shadow was more like a 4-hour long interview with various team leads. By the end of the process, I did not plan to accept the position if offered.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Horrible. They ask about your personal life (parents job, if you paid for college, etc.). First thing they said was I was going to hate the job and cry?? Really try to find people with not a good family life. I lived 35 minutes away and they insisted on pushing me that the commute was going to be awful. They told me that 20+ times. It was almost as if they were trying to get me to turn away from the job. It was very unorganized. I was scheduled to interview with one person and a completely different person took his spot and kept interrupting me as I spoke.

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do?   Answer Question
    • What are your financial goals? (awkward)   1 Answer
    • Do you know this isn't what you went to school for? (obviously)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a three part interview. The first interview is a screening with the regional manager, then I was brought into the office and talked to the DBO (Director of Business Operations) and an Account Manager. The final step was to go into the office for a half day shadow. I met with 5 people who were either Account Managers or Recruiters. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone during the shadow although it was a little overwhelming. It was a fairly easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Westminster, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Was recruited via online. Had phone screening then was interviewed by AJ in person. Interview was pretty standard as far as questions go. He definitely wanted me to know how cool he was though and intimidating for some reason. Talked about how successful he is.
    After the interview he said he'd get back to me the next day.
    Two days later, I emailed him - no response
    Three days later, phone call - no response
    Four days later, phone call to girl that recruited me - no response

At this point, I gave up as I wouldn't be interested at that point anyways
    Kind of funny that a recruiting agency can't tell someone they didn't get the job

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted via phone by recruiter who did a phone screening and pushed me to in person interview. Scheduled in person for the following week then went for in person interview, conducted by the 2 heads of office. Was asked to come back for 1/2 day interview.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      What are the top 3 things you've learned from your major?
      Why do you think you WON'T do well at this job? (They basically tell you why you'll suck at some points)
      Why did you choose your university?
      Where else have you received offers?
      How do you handle rejection?
      How much do you expect to be rejected in this job?
      Answer Question