TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

3.1

388 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter/Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Initial interview went okay, I honestly wasn't expecting much to come from it. Got an email later that afternoon from my recruiter asking me to apply on their online site and she will be in contact for the second interview. Got an email from a second recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview with me. We had it scheduled and then when she called me she realized I had already interviewed and said my initial recruiter will be in contact to schedule the second interview. Got an email the next day saying they went another direction. I felt pretty upset about the lack of organization and how unprofessional it was.

Sales/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke with an internal recruiter for thirty minutes about myself and any question I may have had about the company. At the end of the interview, I was asked how interested I was in the position. From there I was scheduled to attend an in person interview last about 1 hour. They do not have it in there budget to provide travel assistance. I was told after my in-person interview, I may be asked to shadow for part of the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in-person interview with an a manager. Phone interview was standard as the recruiter went over my past experiences and the responsibilities of the job. The in-person interview lasted over an hour and was a huge waste of the time and very unprofessional, as the manager pretty told me why I would fail at the job. He also spent the majority of the interview asking irrelevant personal questions instead of talking about my past professional experiences or the job itself. Overall, it was a waste of time and I wouldn't have accepted the position if it was offered.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening -> Phone interview -> In Person interview with DBO + Account Manager -> Half day shadow with a lead recruiter, recruiter, and an Account Manager -> Offer. Most people who heard about TEK or applied to TEK were referred in. If you weren't, try to get in touch with someone who currently works at the office you're applying for and ask to connect on linkedin for some tips for the interview. They're looking for people who can build relationships and have been through struggles. Being a recruiter is not an easy job, you have to be mentally strong and be able to push through. It's a sales job in the end so they're looking for aggressive and hard working people. They don't want to hire a used car salesman, they want someone who have the qualities of a salesman and are able to be molded into their own kind of salesman, make sure you have example of times when you receive feedback and changed for the better.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an on-campus job fair. A few weeks later, another recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was probably the worst job interview I have had thus far; the woman that interviewed me was completely uninterested and said "okay, definitely" to every question I answered. She asked very personal and somewhat irrelevant questions to the position I was applying for.

Fast forward to a week later, the recruiter e-mailed me to schedule an on-site interview. As I was about to e-mail her back to set up a date, I got an automatic e-mail stating that they decided to go with another candidate. Overall, I feel as though the interview was very unprofessional - especially the fact that I was asked to schedule a date for an on-site interview and then hours later received an e-mail stating that I was denied the position.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Farmington, CT).

Interview

In-depth with phone interviews, an in-person interview, then a half-day. It was a good opportunity to learn more about the people that you were going to be surrounded by on a daily basis before actually accepting an offer.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They really want to get to know you as a person. It's not like Wall Street corporations that want cookie cutter professional answers- BE YOURSELF HERE. They will tell you straight up that it's a tough job, emotional roller coaster, etc. Emphasize you're in it for the long haul- tell them you want to build a career here, not just your "first job". let them know you understand the hire from within system & why you like that. Ask them questions about manager/recruiter relationships, office culture, success measurement, growth opportunity.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very rude and seemed uninterested and short. Interview seemed very staged and never asked follow up questions regarding responses, seemed like she was just reading off of a script. Phone call was very short. Was told I would hear back by the end of the week and did not hear back for three weeks.

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews both fairly similar with behavioral questions. First you interview with the recruiter over the phone. If they like you they bring you into the regional branch. Make sure to show lots of energy. They will have two people interviewing you. Make sure you have questions for both of them

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Depend on the office location but the process should be a standard, internal recruiter from HR conducts a 30ish minute phone interview. Expect one or two in person interview after that. Your on sight interview will be up close and personal with office team. They like to bring people in and have them sit with current recruiters. You'll most likely sit down with 1 - 3 members of the Sales team and leadership. They will want to know what drives you and they will try to be transparent about their culture and work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experince?   1 Answer