TEKsystems Network Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Network Technician Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview will be over the phone with an actually rep in that department. So no your facts and take notes. If you get the job you will know because they will ask for a list of references and make an follow up appointment where you meet face to face

Interview Questions

It's wasn't full time job they only do contracts

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Frisco, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a previous co-worker on a Friday, and sent a copy of my resume in to the account manager. He called back within an hour, and I had an interview set up for Monday. I filled my background check paperwork out on Wednesday, and started the following Monday.

The phone interview with the hiring manager, in retrospect, was quite amusing. He's a very pragmatic, no-nonsense, ex-military kind of guy, so if he asked you something like "have you worked with EIGRP?", he wanted "yes" or "no" as an answer. If he wanted details, he'd ask. If he didn't, he expected you to SHUT UP.
    ALL of us (the first group of hires) were convinced by the end of the interview that he *hated* us, but it's just his personality.

The account manager, for his part, did try to prepare us for the kinds of questions we would be asked ("general networking, past background", etc), so that was good. I would have liked a little more insight on the hiring manager's approach, but everything moved VERY quickly and it may simply have slipped his mind.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any interview questions, but I was using a new Voice over IP line, which had an (unknown to me at the time, but nevertheless "known issue") with my home router, so the call kept disconnecting (after 3 minutes).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Obviously, try to find out what the market is paying for that position. If you've got some special skill or a special incentive for them to hire you (i.e. "I can start tomorrow" or "I have these professional certifications"), absolutely try to negotiate for a higher rate.

I did not try to negotiate at all, because I'd been unemployed and was delighted to have a job working at a company I'd wanted to work at for years. However, I am also happy with my rate of pay.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in September 2009.

Interview

Up and down process that took 2 months to complete. Interview was with the customer and that was over the phone. A face to face was basically non-technical.

Interview Questions

• This was a routine interview, really no difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question