TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview in the Roanoke, VA location. Honestly it was the worst interview experience of my life, and the two employees who were interviewing me were intense and told me they thought I was afraid of disappointing my parents. I answered a question honestly and the lady told me she didn't believe me. I was in the interview for over 2 hours to the point my roommate almost called the company to check on me. Prior to leaving, I was told to let them know if I was interested in the next step of the interview - I ceased contact with them. About a week later they sent me a rejection email. I would run from this company.

Interview Questions

• Asking extremely personal questions about personal life (friends, which parent I was closer with)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Recruiter Interview

Interview

They conduct a Phone interview, then the follow up with an onsite interview. IF you pass that, then you move on to a half day shadow where you get to meet people in multiple roles.

Interview Questions

• very personal questions, want to get an idea of what your work ethic is and how you have overcome challenges.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview is on the phone with a recruiter. Second Interview was in person with the delivery manager. Third interview was with two more managers, followed by a few hours of shadowing recruiters.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I met with a campus recruiter and then had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had a interview at the office. The interview process was conversational. The recruiter I met was very helpful and both interviewers were very personable. They wanted to get to know you as a person to see if you were a good fit for the company. The in person interview lasted about an hour.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was very casual and chill. Wasn't the worst interview I've ever had, but I definitely felt like I put more effort into it than they did. Felt more like a casual conversation than an interview, which was a little shocking at first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter, followed by an in person interview with 2 account managers and then a half day shadow with 3 recruiters and 2 account managers. Asked a lot of personal questions like what members of your family do. They want to see that you're coachable but self motivated.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Started off great and slowly got worse. I began the process in November with a number of phone interviews. Two weeks later I came in for an in person interview with two account managers. It went so well and I was so excited to work for this company. Two weeks later I came in for my half shadow (this is the part where it started becoming a mess). Questions about my professional experience weren't asked. Similar to what everyone else says, they begin asking you creepy, personal questions prying into your life. Sure, I get they want to preserve the "company culture" but I don't like it when someone literally asks me "What does your Fiance's DAD do for a living". That is not your business at all. Nor does it have anything to do with me as person. All they got out of that was more reason to pry into our lifestyle habits. Gets even worse, after meeting with like 5 people who were all doing the same thing you begin to feel exhausted. They forgot to have me meet with the DBO (aka the most important person) and by that point, I was already gone for a 3 week vacation and suggested I come in a THIRD TIME, it would literally be my 5th interview.

It seemed so promising and organized but over time it was just a mess. I accepted an offer elsewhere and stopped wasting my time with them.

Interview Questions

I'm not trying to sip their koolaid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I only made it to the phone screen portion. First off the interviewer did not call in the time frame they said that they would which I felt like was very unprofessional. My second complaint is that the interviewer seemed very disinterested with anything I had to say, regardless if it was a good or bad answer to her questions. I don't care if someone is giving the worst interview ever, as a recruiter you should still be enthusiastic and act like you care what they are saying. I also didn't like how personal of questions they asked, don't ask me how I paid for college or what my childhood was like. Those are very personal questions that are not pertinent to the job at all. I had a very negative experience and honestly if I had been offered to continue further I would have turned it down.

Interview Questions

• How did you fund your college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Short interview process, just 2 interviews with the internal recruiter then an in person with the manager. Very simple process but she does take a while to get back to you at first.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a several week interview process. I initially applied with an inside recruiter and discussed the opportunity with the company and my experiences. I then met with one of the Director of Operations, and was asked to come back to shadow and meet the Account Manger before meeting with the other Director of Operations. Overall it was a great experience and is more conversational rather then being drilled with questions. They want to know you are a hard worker and can push through obstacles. Have some good examples that show this and tie these experiences into a sales role and how it makes you a good fir for that role

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do?
      What is an obstacle you had to overcome?
      What is a challenge you had to overcome?
      How have these challenges changed you?
      How did you pay for college? If you did not work or involved in any activities make sure you can justify how you still managed time accordingly.   Answer Question