TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Started off great and slowly got worse. I began the process in November with a number of phone interviews. Two weeks later I came in for an in person interview with two account managers. It went so well and I was so excited to work for this company. Two weeks later I came in for my half shadow (this is the part where it started becoming a mess). Questions about my professional experience weren't asked. Similar to what everyone else says, they begin asking you creepy, personal questions prying into your life. Sure, I get they want to preserve the "company culture" but I don't like it when someone literally asks me "What does your Fiance's DAD do for a living". That is not your business at all. Nor does it have anything to do with me as person. All they got out of that was more reason to pry into our lifestyle habits. Gets even worse, after meeting with like 5 people who were all doing the same thing you begin to feel exhausted. They forgot to have me meet with the DBO (aka the most important person) and by that point, I was already gone for a 3 week vacation and suggested I come in a THIRD TIME, it would literally be my 5th interview.

It seemed so promising and organized but over time it was just a mess. I accepted an offer elsewhere and stopped wasting my time with them.

Interview Questions

I'm not trying to sip their koolaid

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I only made it to the phone screen portion. First off the interviewer did not call in the time frame they said that they would which I felt like was very unprofessional. My second complaint is that the interviewer seemed very disinterested with anything I had to say, regardless if it was a good or bad answer to her questions. I don't care if someone is giving the worst interview ever, as a recruiter you should still be enthusiastic and act like you care what they are saying. I also didn't like how personal of questions they asked, don't ask me how I paid for college or what my childhood was like. Those are very personal questions that are not pertinent to the job at all. I had a very negative experience and honestly if I had been offered to continue further I would have turned it down.

Interview Questions

• How did you fund your college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a several week interview process. I initially applied with an inside recruiter and discussed the opportunity with the company and my experiences. I then met with one of the Director of Operations, and was asked to come back to shadow and meet the Account Manger before meeting with the other Director of Operations. Overall it was a great experience and is more conversational rather then being drilled with questions. They want to know you are a hard worker and can push through obstacles. Have some good examples that show this and tie these experiences into a sales role and how it makes you a good fir for that role

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do?
      What is an obstacle you had to overcome?
      What is a challenge you had to overcome?
      How have these challenges changed you?
      How did you pay for college? If you did not work or involved in any activities make sure you can justify how you still managed time accordingly.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in-person interview with an a manager. Phone interview was standard as the recruiter went over my past experiences and the responsibilities of the job. The in-person interview lasted over an hour and was a huge waste of the time and very unprofessional, as the manager pretty told me why I would fail at the job. He also spent the majority of the interview asking irrelevant personal questions instead of talking about my past professional experiences or the job itself. Overall, it was a waste of time and I wouldn't have accepted the position if it was offered.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening -> Phone interview -> In Person interview with DBO + Account Manager -> Half day shadow with a lead recruiter, recruiter, and an Account Manager -> Offer. Most people who heard about TEK or applied to TEK were referred in. If you weren't, try to get in touch with someone who currently works at the office you're applying for and ask to connect on linkedin for some tips for the interview. They're looking for people who can build relationships and have been through struggles. Being a recruiter is not an easy job, you have to be mentally strong and be able to push through. It's a sales job in the end so they're looking for aggressive and hard working people. They don't want to hire a used car salesman, they want someone who have the qualities of a salesman and are able to be molded into their own kind of salesman, make sure you have example of times when you receive feedback and changed for the better.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an on-campus job fair. A few weeks later, another recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was probably the worst job interview I have had thus far; the woman that interviewed me was completely uninterested and said "okay, definitely" to every question I answered. She asked very personal and somewhat irrelevant questions to the position I was applying for.

Fast forward to a week later, the recruiter e-mailed me to schedule an on-site interview. As I was about to e-mail her back to set up a date, I got an automatic e-mail stating that they decided to go with another candidate. Overall, I feel as though the interview was very unprofessional - especially the fact that I was asked to schedule a date for an on-site interview and then hours later received an e-mail stating that I was denied the position.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A number of steps including online application, phone interview, in person interview(s) with lunch interview component, half day shadow. It was an amazing experience. However Iearned a lot from this site. TEKsystems is #1 in the IT Services industry with a parent company of nearly $10 Billion in revenue for a reason
    They really ONLY LIKE TO HIRE AUTHENTIC SMART VALUES DRIVEN ALSO MONEY MOTIVATED PEOPLE WITH GENUINELY INSATIABLE drive for success. In other words....if you tell them what you think they want to hear = no offer. Honesty = only way to get hired
    Its prestigious because this company if hired gives you an opportunity to earn $200,000 a year within 5-10 years with a Bachelor's degree in psychology or general studies. GPA only matters when they weed out the non referrals during online app or phone screen stages (phone interview is different stage than phone screen). If you're about to interview there congrats! If you aren't money motivated it will hurt you during interviewing but they also Only want high ethics and integrity thus no shadiness = if you are seeking a career to feed the hungry join the peace corps. If you want to be wealthy to support your future family, awesome, tell them that!!! Be prepared for more real and personal experience than most interviews! If you get rejected just remember TEKsystems is not for everyone!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've overcome adversity. If we hire you, will you raise the standards for performance in the office? How will you do that? This is a values based company. They want honesty and vulnerability. It's a personal interview where questions are phrased differently than most companies. Be confident, authentic, and prepare to be the real you. They may ask why are you seeking a career in sales? It's a sales driven company, not a non profit. Do not tell them you are motivated to help the less fortunate. If you are motivated by money, tell them! Trust me. You'll be happy you read this. TEKsystems hires money motivated candidates who have integrity and fit their culture which is the best culture for the right candidates!   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me after I sent my resume in to the company over linkedin. I then was in contact with that person via email and over the phone. She set up an in person interview with the director, but it ended up being account managers who interviewed me. They did not seem prepared or professionally ready for a interview,

Interview Questions

• what do your parents do?   Answer Question
    • what is your longest relationship, besides your family?   1 Answer
    • what is the first thing you will buy yourself with the money you receive with this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I had a phone interview then was asked to go in for an in person interview. The man who interviewed me was cold and made the interview more nerve-wrecking than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• List these adjectives in order from 1-5, 1 being the adjective that best describes you and 5 being the one that describes you the least: Customer service, loyalty, competitive, compassion, creative   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2016.

Interview

My interview process started out fairly smoothly. I received a call from a recruiter and she did a pre screening interview. After that interview I was asked to come to one of the main offices. I live about 4 hours away so I had to wait till the end of the week. My interview with the hiring manager was probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. He asked me very personal based questions to try to get to know me better. We had a really great conversation and I was told I would hear from HR within the next week. I followed up with both the hiring manager and the recruiter the same day and did not receive a response. About a week later I reached out again to the recruiter and still nothing. It's been over 2 weeks and I haven't been contacted from anyone. It would be nice to at least receive an email saying they are going to go with other candidates. Very disappointed because they seemed like a really great company to work for!