TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.9

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The interview process was long and unfulfilling, at the end. I had two phone interviews, an in-person interview (over 1 hour and a half), a job assignment, and a shadow day... all of which led them to leaving me a voicemail saying I wasn't qualified. Such a let down. Don't get your hopes up like I did if you "don't have experience." I was heartbroken.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview in the Roanoke, VA location. Honestly it was the worst interview experience of my life, and the two employees who were interviewing me were intense and told me they thought I was afraid of disappointing my parents. I answered a question honestly and the lady told me she didn't believe me. I was in the interview for over 2 hours to the point my roommate almost called the company to check on me. Prior to leaving, I was told to let them know if I was interested in the next step of the interview - I ceased contact with them. About a week later they sent me a rejection email. I would run from this company.

Interview Questions

• Asking extremely personal questions about personal life (friends, which parent I was closer with)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview is on the phone with a recruiter. Second Interview was in person with the delivery manager. Third interview was with two more managers, followed by a few hours of shadowing recruiters.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I met with a campus recruiter and then had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had a interview at the office. The interview process was conversational. The recruiter I met was very helpful and both interviewers were very personable. They wanted to get to know you as a person to see if you were a good fit for the company. The in person interview lasted about an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter, followed by an in person interview with 2 account managers and then a half day shadow with 3 recruiters and 2 account managers. Asked a lot of personal questions like what members of your family do. They want to see that you're coachable but self motivated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I only made it to the phone screen portion. First off the interviewer did not call in the time frame they said that they would which I felt like was very unprofessional. My second complaint is that the interviewer seemed very disinterested with anything I had to say, regardless if it was a good or bad answer to her questions. I don't care if someone is giving the worst interview ever, as a recruiter you should still be enthusiastic and act like you care what they are saying. I also didn't like how personal of questions they asked, don't ask me how I paid for college or what my childhood was like. Those are very personal questions that are not pertinent to the job at all. I had a very negative experience and honestly if I had been offered to continue further I would have turned it down.

Interview Questions

• How did you fund your college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in-person interview with an a manager. Phone interview was standard as the recruiter went over my past experiences and the responsibilities of the job. The in-person interview lasted over an hour and was a huge waste of the time and very unprofessional, as the manager pretty told me why I would fail at the job. He also spent the majority of the interview asking irrelevant personal questions instead of talking about my past professional experiences or the job itself. Overall, it was a waste of time and I wouldn't have accepted the position if it was offered.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an on-campus job fair. A few weeks later, another recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was probably the worst job interview I have had thus far; the woman that interviewed me was completely uninterested and said "okay, definitely" to every question I answered. She asked very personal and somewhat irrelevant questions to the position I was applying for.

Fast forward to a week later, the recruiter e-mailed me to schedule an on-site interview. As I was about to e-mail her back to set up a date, I got an automatic e-mail stating that they decided to go with another candidate. Overall, I feel as though the interview was very unprofessional - especially the fact that I was asked to schedule a date for an on-site interview and then hours later received an e-mail stating that I was denied the position.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me after I sent my resume in to the company over linkedin. I then was in contact with that person via email and over the phone. She set up an in person interview with the director, but it ended up being account managers who interviewed me. They did not seem prepared or professionally ready for a interview,

Interview Questions

• what do your parents do?   Answer Question
    • what is your longest relationship, besides your family?   1 Answer
    • what is the first thing you will buy yourself with the money you receive with this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I had a phone interview then was asked to go in for an in person interview. The man who interviewed me was cold and made the interview more nerve-wrecking than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• List these adjectives in order from 1-5, 1 being the adjective that best describes you and 5 being the one that describes you the least: Customer service, loyalty, competitive, compassion, creative   Answer Question