TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in-person interview with an a manager. Phone interview was standard as the recruiter went over my past experiences and the responsibilities of the job. The in-person interview lasted over an hour and was a huge waste of the time and very unprofessional, as the manager pretty told me why I would fail at the job. He also spent the majority of the interview asking irrelevant personal questions instead of talking about my past professional experiences or the job itself. Overall, it was a waste of time and I wouldn't have accepted the position if it was offered.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening -> Phone interview -> In Person interview with DBO + Account Manager -> Half day shadow with a lead recruiter, recruiter, and an Account Manager -> Offer. Most people who heard about TEK or applied to TEK were referred in. If you weren't, try to get in touch with someone who currently works at the office you're applying for and ask to connect on linkedin for some tips for the interview. They're looking for people who can build relationships and have been through struggles. Being a recruiter is not an easy job, you have to be mentally strong and be able to push through. It's a sales job in the end so they're looking for aggressive and hard working people. They don't want to hire a used car salesman, they want someone who have the qualities of a salesman and are able to be molded into their own kind of salesman, make sure you have example of times when you receive feedback and changed for the better.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an on-campus job fair. A few weeks later, another recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was probably the worst job interview I have had thus far; the woman that interviewed me was completely uninterested and said "okay, definitely" to every question I answered. She asked very personal and somewhat irrelevant questions to the position I was applying for.

Fast forward to a week later, the recruiter e-mailed me to schedule an on-site interview. As I was about to e-mail her back to set up a date, I got an automatic e-mail stating that they decided to go with another candidate. Overall, I feel as though the interview was very unprofessional - especially the fact that I was asked to schedule a date for an on-site interview and then hours later received an e-mail stating that I was denied the position.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A number of steps including online application, phone interview, in person interview(s) with lunch interview component, half day shadow. It was an amazing experience. However Iearned a lot from this site. TEKsystems is #1 in the IT Services industry with a parent company of nearly $10 Billion in revenue for a reason
    They really ONLY LIKE TO HIRE AUTHENTIC SMART VALUES DRIVEN ALSO MONEY MOTIVATED PEOPLE WITH GENUINELY INSATIABLE drive for success. In other words....if you tell them what you think they want to hear = no offer. Honesty = only way to get hired
    Its prestigious because this company if hired gives you an opportunity to earn $200,000 a year within 5-10 years with a Bachelor's degree in psychology or general studies. GPA only matters when they weed out the non referrals during online app or phone screen stages (phone interview is different stage than phone screen). If you're about to interview there congrats! If you aren't money motivated it will hurt you during interviewing but they also Only want high ethics and integrity thus no shadiness = if you are seeking a career to feed the hungry join the peace corps. If you want to be wealthy to support your future family, awesome, tell them that!!! Be prepared for more real and personal experience than most interviews! If you get rejected just remember TEKsystems is not for everyone!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've overcome adversity. If we hire you, will you raise the standards for performance in the office? How will you do that? This is a values based company. They want honesty and vulnerability. It's a personal interview where questions are phrased differently than most companies. Be confident, authentic, and prepare to be the real you. They may ask why are you seeking a career in sales? It's a sales driven company, not a non profit. Do not tell them you are motivated to help the less fortunate. If you are motivated by money, tell them! Trust me. You'll be happy you read this. TEKsystems hires money motivated candidates who have integrity and fit their culture which is the best culture for the right candidates!   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me after I sent my resume in to the company over linkedin. I then was in contact with that person via email and over the phone. She set up an in person interview with the director, but it ended up being account managers who interviewed me. They did not seem prepared or professionally ready for a interview,

Interview Questions

• what do your parents do?   Answer Question
    • what is your longest relationship, besides your family?   1 Answer
    • what is the first thing you will buy yourself with the money you receive with this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I had a phone interview then was asked to go in for an in person interview. The man who interviewed me was cold and made the interview more nerve-wrecking than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• List these adjectives in order from 1-5, 1 being the adjective that best describes you and 5 being the one that describes you the least: Customer service, loyalty, competitive, compassion, creative   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2016.

Interview

My interview process started out fairly smoothly. I received a call from a recruiter and she did a pre screening interview. After that interview I was asked to come to one of the main offices. I live about 4 hours away so I had to wait till the end of the week. My interview with the hiring manager was probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. He asked me very personal based questions to try to get to know me better. We had a really great conversation and I was told I would hear from HR within the next week. I followed up with both the hiring manager and the recruiter the same day and did not receive a response. About a week later I reached out again to the recruiter and still nothing. It's been over 2 weeks and I haven't been contacted from anyone. It would be nice to at least receive an email saying they are going to go with other candidates. Very disappointed because they seemed like a really great company to work for!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and one in person interview along with a half day shadow. My interview made it very clear that this would be a very demanding position and that some people find it hard balance a work and social life. She came off almost as if she was trying to scare me away, but if you know what a recruiter does then you know that it's necessarily a walk in the park. I really enjoyed the in person interview though. They seem very protective over the in office culture they have created and making sure that recruiters take an actual interest in their clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, interview with business manager, half day job shadow. Both the interview and the job shadow went very well and they made it seem like I was definitely getting the job. The questions that they asked during the interview were deeply personal and unrelated to the job. The work environment was subpar and the interviewers seemed very fake when they said that they enjoyed working there. They said they would get back to me within the week, they did not. When I contacted them, they reached back to me and said they were still deciding and I would hear back within two days. Never heard back. I reached out to them twice more and never heard back. Incredibly unprofessional. I am very happy that I did not accept a job with them. I have talked to other people who have had the same experience. They have a very unprofessional reputation in the industry.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Had 2 over the phone interviews than an interview and a half day shadow. Over the phone the job seemed promising but when I actually had my in person interview things went 360. I was interviewed by 2 managers and they were asking me super personal questions about my life and it was more of an interrogation than interview that lasted 2 hours. During the half day at the company I noticed that there equipment was extremely outdated and old and it was a stiff environment. During the shadow day I realized that head hunting is not the job for me and it looked extremely boring. I was called a week later and was told they were extending me an off but I declined.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure?

Rank your values?