TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

140 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2016.

Interview

My interview process started out fairly smoothly. I received a call from a recruiter and she did a pre screening interview. After that interview I was asked to come to one of the main offices. I live about 4 hours away so I had to wait till the end of the week. My interview with the hiring manager was probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. He asked me very personal based questions to try to get to know me better. We had a really great conversation and I was told I would hear from HR within the next week. I followed up with both the hiring manager and the recruiter the same day and did not receive a response. About a week later I reached out again to the recruiter and still nothing. It's been over 2 weeks and I haven't been contacted from anyone. It would be nice to at least receive an email saying they are going to go with other candidates. Very disappointed because they seemed like a really great company to work for!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and one in person interview along with a half day shadow. My interview made it very clear that this would be a very demanding position and that some people find it hard balance a work and social life. She came off almost as if she was trying to scare me away, but if you know what a recruiter does then you know that it's necessarily a walk in the park. I really enjoyed the in person interview though. They seem very protective over the in office culture they have created and making sure that recruiters take an actual interest in their clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, interview with business manager, half day job shadow. Both the interview and the job shadow went very well and they made it seem like I was definitely getting the job. The questions that they asked during the interview were deeply personal and unrelated to the job. The work environment was subpar and the interviewers seemed very fake when they said that they enjoyed working there. They said they would get back to me within the week, they did not. When I contacted them, they reached back to me and said they were still deciding and I would hear back within two days. Never heard back. I reached out to them twice more and never heard back. Incredibly unprofessional. I am very happy that I did not accept a job with them. I have talked to other people who have had the same experience. They have a very unprofessional reputation in the industry.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Had 2 over the phone interviews than an interview and a half day shadow. Over the phone the job seemed promising but when I actually had my in person interview things went 360. I was interviewed by 2 managers and they were asking me super personal questions about my life and it was more of an interrogation than interview that lasted 2 hours. During the half day at the company I noticed that there equipment was extremely outdated and old and it was a stiff environment. During the shadow day I realized that head hunting is not the job for me and it looked extremely boring. I was called a week later and was told they were extending me an off but I declined.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure?

Rank your values?

What do your parents do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely weird, I was set up through a friend and spoke at length with another hiring manager in a different city who seemed very personable and outgoing. Eventually I got an initial in person interview with two Account Managers, who seemed very off putting in their interview with me, almost hostile and very negative. Made it through the interview and asked where we would go from here, I knew that if they want you to come back for a half-day shadow that it is usually planned for the next morning, instead they sent me to breakfast with one of their employees with a similar background as mine. A couple days later they asked me to come back for the half day which lasted from around 7:45 till 11:30, was supposed to go to lunch with the hiring manager but he said he was sick and needed to go to the doctor. I thanked everyone for their time that day, emailed them the next thanking them again, and then never heard back from anyone that I spoke with that day.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you've ever gone through in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I have never had an interview where the interviewers were so invested and seemed to care so much about my answers. We talked for nearly and hour and a half and we started the interview at 5:15 p.m. I expected them to be slightly tired but they were fully attentive and it was the best interview experience I have had.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you have faced and how did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Initial phone screening, followed by in-person interview, and then a half-day shadow. Overall about a 2-3 week process. The phone screening was your typical questions and was simple enough. The in-person interview was extensive -- over an hour long. Questions were fairly standard, with the exception of some personal questions (i.e. Where do your parents work, Tell me about a time in your personal life when you experienced failure, where else are you applying). The half-day shadow was more like a 4-hour long interview with various team leads. By the end of the process, I did not plan to accept the position if offered.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Horrible. They ask about your personal life (parents job, if you paid for college, etc.). First thing they said was I was going to hate the job and cry?? Really try to find people with not a good family life. I lived 35 minutes away and they insisted on pushing me that the commute was going to be awful. They told me that 20+ times. It was almost as if they were trying to get me to turn away from the job. It was very unorganized. I was scheduled to interview with one person and a completely different person took his spot and kept interrupting me as I spoke.

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do?   Answer Question
    • What are your financial goals? (awkward)   1 Answer
    • Do you know this isn't what you went to school for? (obviously)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a three part interview. The first interview is a screening with the regional manager, then I was brought into the office and talked to the DBO (Director of Business Operations) and an Account Manager. The final step was to go into the office for a half day shadow. I met with 5 people who were either Account Managers or Recruiters. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone during the shadow although it was a little overwhelming. It was a fairly easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted via phone by recruiter who did a phone screening and pushed me to in person interview. Scheduled in person for the following week then went for in person interview, conducted by the 2 heads of office. Was asked to come back for 1/2 day interview.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      What are the top 3 things you've learned from your major?
      Why do you think you WON'T do well at this job? (They basically tell you why you'll suck at some points)
      Why did you choose your university?
      Where else have you received offers?
      How do you handle rejection?
      How much do you expect to be rejected in this job?   Answer Question