TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a three part interview. The first interview is a screening with the regional manager, then I was brought into the office and talked to the DBO (Director of Business Operations) and an Account Manager. The final step was to go into the office for a half day shadow. I met with 5 people who were either Account Managers or Recruiters. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone during the shadow although it was a little overwhelming. It was a fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted via phone by recruiter who did a phone screening and pushed me to in person interview. Scheduled in person for the following week then went for in person interview, conducted by the 2 heads of office. Was asked to come back for 1/2 day interview.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      What are the top 3 things you've learned from your major?
      Why do you think you WON'T do well at this job? (They basically tell you why you'll suck at some points)
      Why did you choose your university?
      Where else have you received offers?
      How do you handle rejection?
      How much do you expect to be rejected in this job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a three part interview. Didn't receive an offer, but it was good experience. Don't need to be tech-savvy, will apply again. I wasn't prepared for final interview, that was my fault.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems in February 2016.

Interview

After meeting them at the Career Fair held at my university, I applied to their Recruiter position online and sent them a thank you email also informing them I had applied. They called me back to set up a phone interview. The phone interview included behavioral questions, information on the position and they asked me to run through my resume and experiences with them. At the end they asked to set up an in-person interview. At their office I interviewed with the Director of Operations. He took the time to get to know me, asking questions about my family, hobbies in high school and involvement in college. Then he shared more information about the position and asked more behavioral questions. At the end of that interview he asked to set up the final half-day job shadow. I will be setting this up with them next week.

Interview Questions

• What do I like about the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Bloomington, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me first and had a phone interview. She asked standard interview questions, and really wants to know how you are SALES driven. After the phone interview, I had an in person interview with two employees. Average interview questions. About two weeks after the interview, I was invited to shadow a recruiter for half a day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with 2 people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (North Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I came in they asked questions about me and what I wanted to do. Brought me back in for a half day interview to see what a day looks like in real time. Had me sit with various recruiters and speak with them

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Houston, TX).

Interview

There are a lot of steps in the hiring process. They want to know about your personality set and focus less on your work history. Lots of personal questions. Start off with a phone screening, then a face-to-face interview, come in for a half day job shadow. The culture seems great, and a lot of people to help you. In the end, make sure that the job is something that actually interests you or you won't last.

Interview Questions

• What was your high school years like, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Great process. Really energetic environment that is enthused about the entry level positions. Base is not real high starting off but you put in the work and it will jump within months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

First step is the phone interview with Regional Recruiter. The phone interview lasts about 30-45 minutes. After that they have you submit online a career history form. It takes about an hour to fill out the form.

Second step was an in-person interview. I interviewed for the Sacramento location but was still living in Fresno at the time, so I met with the DBO in Fresno. Standard interview questions, such as tell me about yourself, tell me about your current sales job, why do you want to leave your current job and work for TEKsystems, what do you think your strengths and weaknesses are, what would your previous bosses say your strengths and weaknesses are, etc. The in-person interview went well and I got a tour of the office after, and was told their location might look a little different than the other location I was interviewing for, but it wouldn't be that much different.

Then the Regional Recruiter contacted me to setup a visit to the Sacramento office. I was told it was going to be a half-day of shadowing and then possibly lunch afterwards. When I got to the Sacramento location, none of that happened. Here's where things got weird and threw me off guard. It wasn't a day of shadowing like the recruiter had told me. It was a panel interview with two DBO's: the DBO from San Francisco and the DBO from Sacramento. They asked me really odd questions, and it seemed like they didn't even look over my resume or career history form beforehand. They asked a lot of questions regarding high school and my first high school job when I was 17. They even asked me questions about my Freshman year of high school, which was about 14 years ago for me so it threw me off. They also asked about my relationship with my friends, if I had a best friend, if my best friend was a he or she, what kind of relationship do I have with my friend, do we talk about personal things or do we talk about current events and political affairs, if my best friend would say anything negative about me what do I think she would say, etc. To be honest, the high school questions from over 10 years ago and the evaluation of my relationship with a best friend threw me off guard. That last step of the interview process felt more like an interrogation than an interview.