TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

3.2

181 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was rather smooth and straight-forward. Emails, phone call, and follow-up for the first two interviews happened rather quickly - which I think is great.

The in-person interviews were facilitated by conversation, rather than the typical question-firing style. Before the interview took place I was told by people within the company, including those interviewing me, to be open and honest; this is where I seem to have made a mistake.

My recommendation is not to open up or reveal yourself too* much. The last few places I've interviewed were structured to hear what they want to hear, rather than who you actually are, but this place was different and I recognized that. Because the interview questions were rather personal, I decided to answer them truthfully, something I thought would gain praise and eventually a job. A lot of people hide themselves through interviews, and now I see why. Rarely ever does a company actually know your worth or ethic until you're in the position for at least several months. Sadly that was not the case here. I made the mistake of revealing too much of my personality and in turn resulted in management thinking I wouldn't mesh with the team. I wholeheartedly disagreed with the reasoning, for I have never "not meshed" with a group, but I nonetheless accept it. I think this came about by the 4-5 people I interviewed/shadowed with. Because you're talking to multiple people, with multiple styles, and multiple questions, it's easy for things to fall through the cracks in terms of being consistent. Not sure how I went wrong here, but keep that in mind when applying and interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Questions about family, background, personal interests/hobbies, reasons for applying, work history, where you see yourself in 5-10 years, etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Southfield, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed with dozens of employers( and I have interviewed 100's of people), and this in person interview with their director of operations had to be one of the most tactless and unprofessional that I have ever been too. This was surprising given the company's mostly positive reputation online and how pleasant and professional the recruiter was that phone interviewed me. He obviously did not want to interview me and was unfriendly from the start. In hindsight, I should have left right away when I picked up on that. He asked me a bunch of personal questions about my family and why I had left different positions, but nothing really about the job or the field at all. Perhaps the most demeaning part of it though was how critical he seemed to be of me for going to community college by constantly asking me why I went there before a four-year school. I would strongly advise changing their process around, or they will risk losing out on more quality candidates and kill their reputation. Ultimately, very poor presentation and I would never work for such a place that conducts themselves like this on my first meeting.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position   1 Answer
    • Why did you only list the last three positions you worked   1 Answer
    • How were you compensated in your last role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview questions were rather invasive through out the entire process. The corporate recruiter even warned me of this (which was a sign I should of ran) but instead I stomached this through out all four interviews. The final one was the most invasive. They even went as far as to ask questions about my personal and LOVE LIFE. Pretty sure that’s illegal. At the end of it all, they didn’t even bother to send me an email saying that they went with another candidate. This company is so hypocritical so I’m glad nothing came of it. Don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What does your father do for a living?
      What does your mother do for a living?
      How about your significant other?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with TEKSystems Houston office back in 2016. It started off great, I did a phone interview and was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. The interview questions were quite personal - a lot about your background and how you grew up and how this experiences shaped your work skills. After that I was told I would be scheduled for another interview. I never heard back, no one answered my emails or calls and I never received an email that I didn't receive the position. I thought that was extremely inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Everyone in the office was very friendly to me upon arrival, and the interview was very casual. It seemed much more like a conversation than an actual interview. The interviewer really wanted to know about why I applied to the company and worked diligently to ensure that I would be an appropriate fit.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The interview started off formal but surprisingly became very informal and got really personal. They really tried to get a good feel for who I am personally and if I'd be a good cultural fit. They introduced you to the team and various members of the office as well to get their consensus of you. They walked me around the pit where people where actively recruiting which was very different than other companies I had interviewed, they're very transparent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I applied online. Had a phone interview that asked basic questions and specifics about my resume and where I see myself fitting in at the company. I was told the next step would be an in person interview. Although I felt like everything went well, the next day I got an email saying they decided to go with someone else and I didn't make the cut.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Scheduled a phone interview. All I can say was a prepared myself very well and answered the questions very well. But the recruiter was very dry. Even when I asked questions at the end she seemed annoyed and gave me short answers. If you expect me to be very energetic and answer questions fully I expect the same from the interviews. Waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a University recruiter. I then had a phone interview with recruiter. It was very casual and conversational. In-person interview with Director of Business Operations.

Interview Questions

• How did you pay for College?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, then one in person with 2 people, then a half-day job shadow. It was frustrating to go through so much and not receive an offer because I truly felt I had the job leaving the half day shadow. They also ask extremely personal questions that not many employers would ask.