TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

3.2

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter, and had a phone interview then an in person interview with a director about a week later. I never received a follow up, neither a generic rejection email, phone call or online application change. For a recruiting company, their interview process is a bit broken to leave candidates hanging for over a month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

General phone interview. Was told I'd receive correspondence if they were or were not going to move forward with me. Never heard a response even after sending multiple follow up emails.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I got an offer but the people interviewing me were very rude and should not be representing the company. Turned it down because of the bad behavior. Got an offer from Modis I'm taking that. Better culture there.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Multiple interviews, one in person and one day job shadowing. They hire anybody, it's a churn and burn operation. They try to sell you on the job, which is your first clue this place is a scam.

Interview Questions

• There aren't any tough questions, it's informal they want you to take the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After a referral, I was reached out by a corporate recruiter. He was very nice and sociable. We scheduled for an in-person interview over the phone but the email sent later was at a different time than discussed. Emails had a couple typos.

Couple weeks later, met with a Sales Manager and DBO, if I remember correctly. They tell you to throw everything you know about interviewing out the door and they barrage you with questions. They ask about your family and what they do for a living. Each of them often interrupted me or each other because they ask questions sporadically. I think they use this approach to try and get past your walls and really try to get to know you.

Towards the end, I mentioned I was interviewing at a competing recruiting agency and had a final round interview that week. This was a mistake because they told me to 1) go to the interview with the rival company 2) call three random TEKsystems offices and interview a senior recruiter 3) get back to them to see if I wanted to continue with the interviewing process. I see it as kind of a cheap sales tactic they used.

After the interview, I called 5 TEKsystems offices and interviewed senior recruiters like they suggested. I sent follow-up emails to both the corporate recruiter and the DBO. The DBO replied saying they changed their mind and wouldn't be continuing with me. The corporate recruiter had no idea; there was obviously a lack of communication between them. Their process seemed fairly unprofessional for the reputation they try to hold up. They are leading the nation in tech recruiting but will soon be overtaken by another firm. They seem to have a good culture, though, and they take pride in that. Definitely a sales culture.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What does your sister do for a living?
      What does your mother do for a living?
      What was your family like growing up?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Various phone call "interview" conversations with recruiter then you complete an online assessment for your career history. I was offered in-person interview about two weeks after initially being in contact with recruiter. Arrived early for interview and the manager kept me waiting for 30 minutes before he was available to begin the hour long process. I was asked more personal questions than professional questions about my experience. Also, I was asked to be completely honest about my "dream career" and told that my answer would not be used against me. The manager explained that he understands IT staffing is not anyone's dream career. However, my honesty was later used as the reason why I was not offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from?   1 Answer
    • Why did you attend college? Did you work your way through college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview to start and I was able to get an in-person interview after that. I met with the business director for that office and it lasted around 45 minutes. Very laid back and introductory. Following this I had a half-day in which I had another interview that lasted about an hour in between that. The half day ended after they took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• When did I overcome adversity, what are some leadership roles I have had, why sales, and what are you looking for in an employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview then they invited me in for an in-person conversation. Generally nice people but seemed a little cold. I did not really click with either of the interviewers.

I did not get the position but they called me the same day to tell me, so I was appreciative of that. They want to make sure you are really committed to the job because recruiting is tough and takes a lot of grit. I'm sure I would have had to do multiple rounds if I passed that one.

Interview Questions

• Basically they want you to simply open up and tell them about yourself to gauge whether or not you are a culture fit. They look for hard working, money-driven people. They will ask you some obscure questions as well.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2017.

Interview

VERY long process that includes a phone screening, phone interview, in person interview and then a half day shadow. Unnecessarily long interview process for what the job entails.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Farmington, CT).

Interview

In-depth with phone interviews, an in-person interview, then a half-day. It was a good opportunity to learn more about the people that you were going to be surrounded by on a daily basis before actually accepting an offer.