TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview to start and I was able to get an in-person interview after that. I met with the business director for that office and it lasted around 45 minutes. Very laid back and introductory. Following this I had a half-day in which I had another interview that lasted about an hour in between that. The half day ended after they took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• When did I overcome adversity, what are some leadership roles I have had, why sales, and what are you looking for in an employer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Various phone call "interview" conversations with recruiter then you complete an online assessment for your career history. I was offered in-person interview about two weeks after initially being in contact with recruiter. Arrived early for interview and the manager kept me waiting for 30 minutes before he was available to begin the hour long process. I was asked more personal questions than professional questions about my experience. Also, I was asked to be completely honest about my "dream career" and told that my answer would not be used against me. The manager explained that he understands IT staffing is not anyone's dream career. However, my honesty was later used as the reason why I was not offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from?   1 Answer
    • Why did you attend college? Did you work your way through college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Farmington, CT).

Interview

In-depth with phone interviews, an in-person interview, then a half-day. It was a good opportunity to learn more about the people that you were going to be surrounded by on a daily basis before actually accepting an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They really want to get to know you as a person. It's not like Wall Street corporations that want cookie cutter professional answers- BE YOURSELF HERE. They will tell you straight up that it's a tough job, emotional roller coaster, etc. Emphasize you're in it for the long haul- tell them you want to build a career here, not just your "first job". let them know you understand the hire from within system & why you like that. Ask them questions about manager/recruiter relationships, office culture, success measurement, growth opportunity.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Depend on the office location but the process should be a standard, internal recruiter from HR conducts a 30ish minute phone interview. Expect one or two in person interview after that. Your on sight interview will be up close and personal with office team. They like to bring people in and have them sit with current recruiters. You'll most likely sit down with 1 - 3 members of the Sales team and leadership. They will want to know what drives you and they will try to be transparent about their culture and work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experince?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial screening interview with a recruiter, an in-person interview with the director, and then a half day shadow with 5-6 recruiters and managers. They asked very personal questions and seemed very interested in getting to know me before starting the official interview questions. The director and an account manager took me out to lunch after my half day shadow and gave me a verbal offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Be open and honest on what you want to do in your career. Talk about your life experiences and lessons and how they can apply to your everyday based on your job. Look forward to speaking to multiple people in the office and also doing a half day on the sales floor or what we call the PIT.

Overall great and plain less interview process.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

had a phone call from a recruiter and she made the company seem exciting to be in. I wanted to do a little more research into the company before considering

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Went through phone interview, in-person interview, and half day shadow with the company, plus lunch with one team member. They really sell you the position since it's primarily SALES focused! If you're not into sales 100%, don't bother wasting your time. I reached out to 6-7 recruiters/account managers, the director, and the internal recruiter and heard NOTHING back. So unprofessional and a waste of time. I would never work for this company.

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do? Both the phone and in-person interviews were very long. They asked very personal questions, some questions seemed very irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted via Recruiter. They give 2-3 phone interviews, one in person, and one half day.

I interviewed at TEKsystems in June. John interviewed me. The process was informal to get you to relax and open up. They want to see how you communicate.

It was fine at first....but it became manipulative very fast when John tried to delve into my personal finances asking "what do your parents do for a living", "do you have student loans, how much", "how much was your college a year", "how much did you get in scholarships", and "how did you pay for college". I tried to avoid these questions and change the subject, but he persisted estimating "so you have $30,000-50,000 in loans, right?" THAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

It was extremely unprofessional and I almost walked out of the interview at that point (they don't do loan forgiveness-but even if they did those questions would not be appropriate). I asked how this was relevant to the position and was told it determined the right fit and they "could hire anyone off the street to do the job".

After the interview members of the office were texting me asking how the interview went, which I found unprofessional and manipulative. I didn't go for a 2nd interview because of the lack of professionalism from a director.

Other observations/questions that were answered: Starting salary is 30-35k. High turnover in office: "this position is always open" aka we can't retain people.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral/experience questions (strengths, weaknesses, motivation, previous roles, etc)

"Tell me about yourself."
      "What motivates you?"
      "Why TEKsystems?"
      "Do you have any experience in sales?"
      "Why sales?"
      "What do your parents do for a living?"
      "How much was your college a year?"
      "How did you pay for college?"
      "How much did you get in scholarships?"
      "Do you have student loans, how much?"
      Answer Question