TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.2

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I applied online. Had a phone interview that asked basic questions and specifics about my resume and where I see myself fitting in at the company. I was told the next step would be an in person interview. Although I felt like everything went well, the next day I got an email saying they decided to go with someone else and I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The interview started off formal but surprisingly became very informal and got really personal. They really tried to get a good feel for who I am personally and if I'd be a good cultural fit. They introduced you to the team and various members of the office as well to get their consensus of you. They walked me around the pit where people where actively recruiting which was very different than other companies I had interviewed, they're very transparent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Scheduled a phone interview. All I can say was a prepared myself very well and answered the questions very well. But the recruiter was very dry. Even when I asked questions at the end she seemed annoyed and gave me short answers. If you expect me to be very energetic and answer questions fully I expect the same from the interviews. Waste of time.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, then one in person with 2 people, then a half-day job shadow. It was frustrating to go through so much and not receive an offer because I truly felt I had the job leaving the half day shadow. They also ask extremely personal questions that not many employers would ask.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The interview process was familiar to me, and most people I'm sure - where you have a phone interview and then if it all works out you will then have an in-person interview at the office you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Give me a two-minute advertisement as to who you are.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you completely failed and how you over-came that failure.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

2 interviews - 1 phone and 1 in person. In person interview was a half day shadow and more of a panel interview. They are always watching you closely so make sure you are always on your game.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on linkedin - we had a phone screening - and then I was brought into the office for an interview. I had to wait at least 40 minutes in the lobby for interviewer because he had a phone call - probably closer to 50 because I came early for my interview.. The waiting didn't bother me as much as the fact that after receiving the rejecting email.. I emailed immediately asking if I could get feedback for my interview & never heard back. I just feel like, as a recruiting agency.. feedback is really important to help candidates grow in their career. I didn't feel valued before & especially after the process.

After the first phone interview, I asked the recruiter if he had any questions that might affect me moving on to the next round. Surprisingly, the recruiter was low-key pretty harsh- because despite the fact that I had an amazing track record of high involvement on campus, multiple leadership scholarships, & TOP corporate internships.. he said the hiring manager might judge me on the months that I have been unemployed following my graduation - and that he might think I'm quote: "LAZY" (Does he think that? Or do you already think that?).. He continued to ask me unnecessary questions related to my unemployment - like ... whether or not I had student loans that I needed to pay off - since I haven't been working. (How is that your business??)

I'm far from entitled & worked extremely hard in everything I've achieved - I just wish there was a little more empathy & that we focused on my skill sets instead. I've never been judged on my post-grad "gap" before even though I was keeping busy during that time & giving back to society (I was studying for an advanced certification & also mentoring college students - my mentees are successful - and having been interviewing at Sandisk, Facebook & Nvidia). To put this in perspective .. it's as if a life-long athlete fell off the tracks for a few months - and started already hitting the gym to get back in shape - and then a trainer approaches them to tell them they are lazy.

Yes, I'm not going to lie.. this did affect me for a short amount of time.. but I got back on my feet & just accepted an offer at a tech-giant on my own. Although, as an advocate for students- I know this could really damage people's morale & confidence esp. since being unemployed is a a very emotional/difficult/depressing time in the lives of candidates - again, interrogating someone's unemployment (esp. if they weren't even fired - & just gradated college) - doesn't help anyone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have student loans?   Answer Question
    • Are you interviewing anywhere else? Did you get an offer? Are you still talking to them?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2017.

Interview

My interview at TEKsystems consisted of a phone interview, one one one interview, then a next day half day shadow. They kept saying how hard the job is and how stressful it was. It felt like they did not want me to be there or take the job if it was even offered. Not sure why they did the half day shadow if they were not seriously interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewer said "okay" to everything I said as though she was writing everything down. Difficult to have a conversation with. Questions being asked involving childhood and personal life, wanted to get to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Are you applying anywhere else? Specifically Aerotek   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest thing that happened to you in your personal or professional life?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter, and had a phone interview then an in person interview with a director about a week later. I never received a follow up, neither a generic rejection email, phone call or online application change. For a recruiting company, their interview process is a bit broken to leave candidates hanging for over a month.