TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.2

169 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The interview process was familiar to me, and most people I'm sure - where you have a phone interview and then if it all works out you will then have an in-person interview at the office you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Give me a two-minute advertisement as to who you are.   Answer Question
  • Tell me of a time when you completely failed and how you over-came that failure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

2 interviews - 1 phone and 1 in person. In person interview was a half day shadow and more of a panel interview. They are always watching you closely so make sure you are always on your game.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on linkedin - we had a phone screening - and then I was brought into the office for an interview. I had to wait at least 40 minutes in the lobby for interviewer because he had a phone call - probably closer to 50 because I came early for my interview.. The waiting didn't bother me as much as the fact that after receiving the rejecting email.. I emailed immediately asking if I could get feedback for my interview & never heard back. I just feel like, as a recruiting agency.. feedback is really important to help candidates grow in their career. I didn't feel valued before & especially after the process.

After the first phone interview, I asked the recruiter if he had any questions that might affect me moving on to the next round. Surprisingly, the recruiter was low-key pretty harsh- because despite the fact that I had an amazing track record of high involvement on campus, multiple leadership scholarships, & TOP corporate internships.. he said the hiring manager might judge me on the months that I have been unemployed following my graduation - and that he might think I'm quote: "LAZY" (Does he think that? Or do you already think that?).. He continued to ask me unnecessary questions related to my unemployment - like ... whether or not I had student loans that I needed to pay off - since I haven't been working. (How is that your business??)

I'm far from entitled & worked extremely hard in everything I've achieved - I just wish there was a little more empathy & that we focused on my skill sets instead. I've never been judged on my post-grad "gap" before even though I was keeping busy during that time & giving back to society (I was studying for an advanced certification & also mentoring college students - my mentees are successful - and having been interviewing at Sandisk, Facebook & Nvidia). To put this in perspective .. it's as if a life-long athlete fell off the tracks for a few months - and started already hitting the gym to get back in shape - and then a trainer approaches them to tell them they are lazy.

Yes, I'm not going to lie.. this did affect me for a short amount of time.. but I got back on my feet & just accepted an offer at a tech-giant on my own. Although, as an advocate for students- I know this could really damage people's morale & confidence esp. since being unemployed is a a very emotional/difficult/depressing time in the lives of candidates - again, interrogating someone's unemployment (esp. if they weren't even fired - & just gradated college) - doesn't help anyone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have student loans?   Answer Question
    • Are you interviewing anywhere else? Did you get an offer? Are you still talking to them?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2017.

Interview

My interview at TEKsystems consisted of a phone interview, one one one interview, then a next day half day shadow. They kept saying how hard the job is and how stressful it was. It felt like they did not want me to be there or take the job if it was even offered. Not sure why they did the half day shadow if they were not seriously interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewer said "okay" to everything I said as though she was writing everything down. Difficult to have a conversation with. Questions being asked involving childhood and personal life, wanted to get to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Are you applying anywhere else? Specifically Aerotek   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest thing that happened to you in your personal or professional life?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter, and had a phone interview then an in person interview with a director about a week later. I never received a follow up, neither a generic rejection email, phone call or online application change. For a recruiting company, their interview process is a bit broken to leave candidates hanging for over a month.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

General phone interview. Was told I'd receive correspondence if they were or were not going to move forward with me. Never heard a response even after sending multiple follow up emails.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I got an offer but the people interviewing me were very rude and should not be representing the company. Turned it down because of the bad behavior. Got an offer from Modis I'm taking that. Better culture there.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Multiple interviews, one in person and one day job shadowing. They hire anybody, it's a churn and burn operation. They try to sell you on the job, which is your first clue this place is a scam.

Interview Questions

• There aren't any tough questions, it's informal they want you to take the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After a referral, I was reached out by a corporate recruiter. He was very nice and sociable. We scheduled for an in-person interview over the phone but the email sent later was at a different time than discussed. Emails had a couple typos.

Couple weeks later, met with a Sales Manager and DBO, if I remember correctly. They tell you to throw everything you know about interviewing out the door and they barrage you with questions. They ask about your family and what they do for a living. Each of them often interrupted me or each other because they ask questions sporadically. I think they use this approach to try and get past your walls and really try to get to know you.

Towards the end, I mentioned I was interviewing at a competing recruiting agency and had a final round interview that week. This was a mistake because they told me to 1) go to the interview with the rival company 2) call three random TEKsystems offices and interview a senior recruiter 3) get back to them to see if I wanted to continue with the interviewing process. I see it as kind of a cheap sales tactic they used.

After the interview, I called 5 TEKsystems offices and interviewed senior recruiters like they suggested. I sent follow-up emails to both the corporate recruiter and the DBO. The DBO replied saying they changed their mind and wouldn't be continuing with me. The corporate recruiter had no idea; there was obviously a lack of communication between them. Their process seemed fairly unprofessional for the reputation they try to hold up. They are leading the nation in tech recruiting but will soon be overtaken by another firm. They seem to have a good culture, though, and they take pride in that. Definitely a sales culture.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What does your sister do for a living?
      What does your mother do for a living?
      What was your family like growing up?   Answer Question