TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.2

170 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Greensboro, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews for this position: an Open house with everyone in the office, a one on one with the DBO and a panel interview with 3 of the account managers. Each interview lasted well over 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• In the One on One with the DBO you are asked for an example of how you have lived each of the core values of Teksystems, which they explained to everyone in the Open House.
    In the panel interview which was the most difficult, you are asked many standard interview questions, and then some nontraditional ones as well. Expect the "what is your biggest failure and your greatest weakness" questions, and also specific personal questions in which their goal is to "lock you down" and make sure you are dedicated enough for the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

This was such a bizarre interview process. I literally have phone calls to talk about "grinding" and all the hard work I *probably* wasn't ready for like 5 times. I went to lunch with employees, shadowed a few people, had more one-on-ones, and STILL hadn't gotten a yes or no. For a company that recruits as a passion, you'd think they would learn how to make it a simpler process for those involved. I traveled SEVERAL times across the state to be at these interviews, and it was frustrating that I kept having to come back, have hour long phonecalls, or sit through lunch-interviews.

I finally just told them I found a position somewhere else, which I had, after several weeks of getting 0 positive remarks from Teksystems.

Don't exhaust your potential hires. It was frustrating and confusing that they were obviously interested in me, but were not fully committed. I don't want to me involved with an indecisive company such as this.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No your bottom line

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2017.

Interview

VERY long process that includes a phone screening, phone interview, in person interview and then a half day shadow. Unnecessarily long interview process for what the job entails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview then they invited me in for an in-person conversation. Generally nice people but seemed a little cold. I did not really click with either of the interviewers.

I did not get the position but they called me the same day to tell me, so I was appreciative of that. They want to make sure you are really committed to the job because recruiting is tough and takes a lot of grit. I'm sure I would have had to do multiple rounds if I passed that one.

Interview Questions

• Basically they want you to simply open up and tell them about yourself to gauge whether or not you are a culture fit. They look for hard working, money-driven people. They will ask you some obscure questions as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Dublin, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Constantly changing, but a couple of years ago it was a 3 step interview. Meet with DBO, then Sales Manager, then come into the office for a meet and greet style day.

Interview Questions

• What kind of company do you want to work for? Provide examples of overcoming adversity, finding success, and what you envision success is for you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Several steps in person with multiple managers and ultimately the Director. Started with an on-site open house and moved to a half-day with spending time with employees. Final step is formal interview with DBO and Sr. Account Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were necessary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They really want to get to know you as a person. It's not like Wall Street corporations that want cookie cutter professional answers- BE YOURSELF HERE. They will tell you straight up that it's a tough job, emotional roller coaster, etc. Emphasize you're in it for the long haul- tell them you want to build a career here, not just your "first job". let them know you understand the hire from within system & why you like that. Ask them questions about manager/recruiter relationships, office culture, success measurement, growth opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Greenville, SC) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was very long with TEKsystems. You go through 3 different steps - a phone screen with their regional recruiter, an in person interview with the Director of the office you are interviewing at, then a final interview with the Director and two Account Managers that includes a half day of shadowing a recruiter. It is a very sales driven environment. As stated above, they ask A LOT of questions, none of my interviews were less than an hour. They grill you a good bit, and they do ask some personal questions that really have nothing to do with the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Went through phone interview, in-person interview, and half day shadow with the company, plus lunch with one team member. They really sell you the position since it's primarily SALES focused! If you're not into sales 100%, don't bother wasting your time. I reached out to 6-7 recruiters/account managers, the director, and the internal recruiter and heard NOTHING back. So unprofessional and a waste of time. I would never work for this company.

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do? Both the phone and in-person interviews were very long. They asked very personal questions, some questions seemed very irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question