TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.2

169 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Various phone call "interview" conversations with recruiter then you complete an online assessment for your career history. I was offered in-person interview about two weeks after initially being in contact with recruiter. Arrived early for interview and the manager kept me waiting for 30 minutes before he was available to begin the hour long process. I was asked more personal questions than professional questions about my experience. Also, I was asked to be completely honest about my "dream career" and told that my answer would not be used against me. The manager explained that he understands IT staffing is not anyone's dream career. However, my honesty was later used as the reason why I was not offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from?   1 Answer
  • Why did you attend college? Did you work your way through college?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview to start and I was able to get an in-person interview after that. I met with the business director for that office and it lasted around 45 minutes. Very laid back and introductory. Following this I had a half-day in which I had another interview that lasted about an hour in between that. The half day ended after they took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• When did I overcome adversity, what are some leadership roles I have had, why sales, and what are you looking for in an employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview then they invited me in for an in-person conversation. Generally nice people but seemed a little cold. I did not really click with either of the interviewers.

I did not get the position but they called me the same day to tell me, so I was appreciative of that. They want to make sure you are really committed to the job because recruiting is tough and takes a lot of grit. I'm sure I would have had to do multiple rounds if I passed that one.

Interview Questions

• Basically they want you to simply open up and tell them about yourself to gauge whether or not you are a culture fit. They look for hard working, money-driven people. They will ask you some obscure questions as well.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2017.

Interview

VERY long process that includes a phone screening, phone interview, in person interview and then a half day shadow. Unnecessarily long interview process for what the job entails.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Farmington, CT).

Interview

In-depth with phone interviews, an in-person interview, then a half-day. It was a good opportunity to learn more about the people that you were going to be surrounded by on a daily basis before actually accepting an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They really want to get to know you as a person. It's not like Wall Street corporations that want cookie cutter professional answers- BE YOURSELF HERE. They will tell you straight up that it's a tough job, emotional roller coaster, etc. Emphasize you're in it for the long haul- tell them you want to build a career here, not just your "first job". let them know you understand the hire from within system & why you like that. Ask them questions about manager/recruiter relationships, office culture, success measurement, growth opportunity.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Depend on the office location but the process should be a standard, internal recruiter from HR conducts a 30ish minute phone interview. Expect one or two in person interview after that. Your on sight interview will be up close and personal with office team. They like to bring people in and have them sit with current recruiters. You'll most likely sit down with 1 - 3 members of the Sales team and leadership. They will want to know what drives you and they will try to be transparent about their culture and work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experince?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial screening interview with a recruiter, an in-person interview with the director, and then a half day shadow with 5-6 recruiters and managers. They asked very personal questions and seemed very interested in getting to know me before starting the official interview questions. The director and an account manager took me out to lunch after my half day shadow and gave me a verbal offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Be open and honest on what you want to do in your career. Talk about your life experiences and lessons and how they can apply to your everyday based on your job. Look forward to speaking to multiple people in the office and also doing a half day on the sales floor or what we call the PIT.

Overall great and plain less interview process.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

had a phone call from a recruiter and she made the company seem exciting to be in. I wanted to do a little more research into the company before considering