TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.2

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Depend on the office location but the process should be a standard, internal recruiter from HR conducts a 30ish minute phone interview. Expect one or two in person interview after that. Your on sight interview will be up close and personal with office team. They like to bring people in and have them sit with current recruiters. You'll most likely sit down with 1 - 3 members of the Sales team and leadership. They will want to know what drives you and they will try to be transparent about their culture and work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experince?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial screening interview with a recruiter, an in-person interview with the director, and then a half day shadow with 5-6 recruiters and managers. They asked very personal questions and seemed very interested in getting to know me before starting the official interview questions. The director and an account manager took me out to lunch after my half day shadow and gave me a verbal offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Be open and honest on what you want to do in your career. Talk about your life experiences and lessons and how they can apply to your everyday based on your job. Look forward to speaking to multiple people in the office and also doing a half day on the sales floor or what we call the PIT.

Overall great and plain less interview process.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

had a phone call from a recruiter and she made the company seem exciting to be in. I wanted to do a little more research into the company before considering

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Went through phone interview, in-person interview, and half day shadow with the company, plus lunch with one team member. They really sell you the position since it's primarily SALES focused! If you're not into sales 100%, don't bother wasting your time. I reached out to 6-7 recruiters/account managers, the director, and the internal recruiter and heard NOTHING back. So unprofessional and a waste of time. I would never work for this company.

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do? Both the phone and in-person interviews were very long. They asked very personal questions, some questions seemed very irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted via Recruiter. They give 2-3 phone interviews, one in person, and one half day.

I interviewed at TEKsystems in June. John interviewed me. The process was informal to get you to relax and open up. They want to see how you communicate.

It was fine at first....but it became manipulative very fast when John tried to delve into my personal finances asking "what do your parents do for a living", "do you have student loans, how much", "how much was your college a year", "how much did you get in scholarships", and "how did you pay for college". I tried to avoid these questions and change the subject, but he persisted estimating "so you have $30,000-50,000 in loans, right?" THAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

It was extremely unprofessional and I almost walked out of the interview at that point (they don't do loan forgiveness-but even if they did those questions would not be appropriate). I asked how this was relevant to the position and was told it determined the right fit and they "could hire anyone off the street to do the job".

After the interview members of the office were texting me asking how the interview went, which I found unprofessional and manipulative. I didn't go for a 2nd interview because of the lack of professionalism from a director.

Other observations/questions that were answered: Starting salary is 30-35k. High turnover in office: "this position is always open" aka we can't retain people.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral/experience questions (strengths, weaknesses, motivation, previous roles, etc)

"Tell me about yourself."
      "What motivates you?"
      "Why TEKsystems?"
      "Do you have any experience in sales?"
      "Why sales?"
      "What do your parents do for a living?"
      "How much was your college a year?"
      "How did you pay for college?"
      "How much did you get in scholarships?"
      "Do you have student loans, how much?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Came in for an open house and then was called in for a sit down interview with the DBO and an Account Manager. They asked me about my previous employment, my goals, and values.

Interview Questions

• What are some long term and short term goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my campus career fair. She was very enthusiastic and welcoming, and I got her information to set up an initial phone screen interview. During the phone screen, it was conversational and informative. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The interview went well, so I thought, and I followed up with a thank you to the recruiters who interviewed me. They said I would hear from them at the end of the week, but the week ended and still no answer. I reached out to the recruiter again and still got no response. I completely understand not getting the job, it's competitive and not every company is the perfect fit for everyone. However, you would think a staffing firm would have the decency to tell someone who took time out of their day (I commuted two hours from school) that they have decided to go with other candidates.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Applied online in December, next day heard back from the internal recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen. A couple days later did the phone interview and was asked questions ranging from my experience, why I want to work at TEK, and random questions to get to know personality. I was then invited to an in-person interview with the director. That was very conversational, was asked questions like what motivates me, where do I see myself in 5 years, how my college was funded (kinda weird to ask), he asked me about my family, etc. I think they ask the more personal questions to see your personality and determine if you would be a good cultural fit for the company. I was then invited to a half day shadow/mini interview where I basically just rotated around from recruiters too account managers. I finished the day with a lunch with an account manager and recruiter. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me, where do I see myself in 5 years, how my college was funded (kinda weird to ask), asked about my family, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I've interviewed with them twice. My interviews were a year apart from each other and I have a solid resume and applicable experience. For both interviews, I made it to the 2nd round and never heard back afterwards. The interviewers I was also supposed to meet with turned out to not be who I was actually meeting with. Extremely unprofessional. They also ask really personal questions and go into a lot depth about your family life and what your parents do. I can't believe I wasted my time trying with this company. After this experience, this is definitely a company I would never want to work for.

Interview Questions

• How was your college financed?   1 Answer