TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a verbal offer and the next day THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS - Please Read: Overall, such an uncomfortable experience! Started the interview process in September. Initial phone call went really great! I felt a good connection and was excited about the company. She scheduled me to come into the office about a month and a half from the phone call and told me to fill out the work history form within 24 hours. She also told me to keep an eye out for the confirmation email of the in-office interview. Filled out the form and never heard from her. Emailed AND called her MULTIPLE times and never heard back. A week before the 'scheduled' interview, I'd basically given up but thought I'd give it one last shot and emailed again. Got a nonchalant response saying "oh yeah let me get that confirmation to you!" (already unprofessional). The in-office interview went well. Very deep conversation about family background and what drives you. Felt good about TEK and was excited for next steps! Was given an 'assignment' to reach out to two employees I had no connection with and interview them. Once I did that, I had a conversation with the person I interviewed with and set up my half-day interview. The atmosphere of the office and overall vibe from everyone really turned me off. Did not feel very welcomed. Felt like I was being judged very hard by everyone, not in a normal interview-way. Didn't feel a strong connection with the people. Although my half-day experience wasn't great, I was still very interested in the position. Got a phone call a few days later offering me the job! He walked me through the compensation package and everything. He straight asked me if I would except, once given the formal written offer. I was caught off guard and said I am very interested and would love to think about it. The next day they called and said they changed their mind and weren't offering me the position anymore. Left a Voicemail and email. Very weird - everything happens for a reason - very glad this happened.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I was referred into the company from a friend. A couple days after submitting my resume to the DBO, a phone conversation was scheduled and an in person interview to follow. The in person interview extended all morning. First was a conversation with the DBO, then a sit down with recruiters in the pit and some conversations with account managers. Lastly was a panel interview with multiple account managers. The process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you've overcome adversity...   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base salary is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process began with an on-campus interview with a recruiter at my university. Following, I had a phone interview with an individual from the location I would potentially be working at. Lastly, I had an on-site interview.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through referral. Had a friendly phone screen within one day of sending my resume. Filled out a formal application online and set up an on site interview about a week later. Definitely personal but if you know this going in there won't be any shocking questions. Typical questions in addition to the personal, life-story type questions. They want to hear you're 100% interested in sales and building a long career with them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited into the office for a half-day with the company. The day began at 7:45am and it started with a daily group meeting. From there, I shadowed multiple different positions in the company and learned about how a day operates in the company. You learn the tasks and how people move up through the positions. It was very insightful and interesting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      Why do you think you would be a good fit?
      Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the director, came on site for an hour long interview with the director, then did a half day with the team. Met with the director once more to go over the offer in person.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of personal questions about my family background and my relationships. Then they asked me why I wanted to be in sales. I told them that I didn't, I wanted to be a recruiter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Meet recruiter at the Career Fair, phone screen, 1 interview, and an observation of the office with two very informal, low-key "interviews" afterwards. They work 11 hour days so if you enjoy no work-life balance then the job is for you, but you can make a crap ton of money if you're willing to constantly be working.

Interview Questions

• -MUST be able to talk about failure/ability to face rejection.
      -What would you friends say about you that's negative?
      -They printed off my LinkedIn and watched videos I had posted so be able to talk about everything you have about yourself online.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Several steps in person with multiple managers and ultimately the Director. Started with an on-site open house and moved to a half-day with spending time with employees. Final step is formal interview with DBO and Sr. Account Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Radnor, PA).

Interview

The process was pretty thorough but quick and simple:
    1) Phone screening with Recruiter
    2) Personal Interview with Director of Business Operations
    3) Ride along with 4-6 members of the team (recruiters & account managers)
    4) Offer letter after 48 hours of ride along

Negotiation

No room for negotiating if you're entry level.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I first had an interview over the phone. It was super helpful, after my interview, the recruiter gave me pointers on what to focus on and to prepare for the in person interview. The in person interview was a little intimidating mainly because I heard the person interviewing me was intimidating and brutal. He cut to the chase and wanted to know specific details, why this and why that to just about everything. More about my personal life than my work experience and skills.