TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

3.2

180 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Abrasive and aggressive the interviewer did not seem prepared for first rounds. I had expected to speak about my resume and skills, but instead we went throughout my LinkedIn and it was critiqued throughout the 45 minute process.

Interview Questions

I didn't feel that the company culture was fitting for what I was looking for as a recent college grad

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Bellevue, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I connected with a recruiter at teksystems and asked her about a role in recruiting. She then virtually introduced me to an internal recruiter who then scheduled a phone call with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about where you grew up and how you got to where you are today?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

One phone screen with the internal recruiter which is basic and short after that you will move onto the one in-person interview with either the DBO or the delivery manager after that they will invite you to a one half day interview from 7:30am-11am where you get the opportunity to sit with people and learn about the job and see how their daily operating rhythm goes. tip: dress professionally you will not get the job if you come casual (should be common sense but you'd be surprised)

Interview Questions

• Q: strengths and weaknesses
      Q: give me a time where someone mentored you?
      Q: give me a time where you mentored someone?
      Q: What is your dream job (specific) and why haven't you tried to obtain it?
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (personally and professionally)
      Q: Why do you want to work in sales?
      Q: What do your parents do for a living?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You don't get to negotiate pay rate at all so don't bother trying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a verbal offer and the next day THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS - Please Read: Overall, such an uncomfortable experience! Started the interview process in September. Initial phone call went really great! I felt a good connection and was excited about the company. She scheduled me to come into the office about a month and a half from the phone call and told me to fill out the work history form within 24 hours. She also told me to keep an eye out for the confirmation email of the in-office interview. Filled out the form and never heard from her. Emailed AND called her MULTIPLE times and never heard back. A week before the 'scheduled' interview, I'd basically given up but thought I'd give it one last shot and emailed again. Got a nonchalant response saying "oh yeah let me get that confirmation to you!" (already unprofessional). The in-office interview went well. Very deep conversation about family background and what drives you. Felt good about TEK and was excited for next steps! Was given an 'assignment' to reach out to two employees I had no connection with and interview them. Once I did that, I had a conversation with the person I interviewed with and set up my half-day interview. The atmosphere of the office and overall vibe from everyone really turned me off. Did not feel very welcomed. Felt like I was being judged very hard by everyone, not in a normal interview-way. Didn't feel a strong connection with the people. Although my half-day experience wasn't great, I was still very interested in the position. Got a phone call a few days later offering me the job! He walked me through the compensation package and everything. He straight asked me if I would except, once given the formal written offer. I was caught off guard and said I am very interested and would love to think about it. The next day they called and said they changed their mind and weren't offering me the position anymore. Left a Voicemail and email. Very weird - everything happens for a reason - very glad this happened.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I was referred into the company from a friend. A couple days after submitting my resume to the DBO, a phone conversation was scheduled and an in person interview to follow. The in person interview extended all morning. First was a conversation with the DBO, then a sit down with recruiters in the pit and some conversations with account managers. Lastly was a panel interview with multiple account managers. The process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you've overcome adversity...   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base salary is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process began with an on-campus interview with a recruiter at my university. Following, I had a phone interview with an individual from the location I would potentially be working at. Lastly, I had an on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Madison, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

They only care about what you look like so...LOOK GOOD! Start out with an initial phone screen with an internal recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with the DBO, followed by a half day job shadow, followed by a final interview with an account manager. Must pass a background check and they speak to two references.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through referral. Had a friendly phone screen within one day of sending my resume. Filled out a formal application online and set up an on site interview about a week later. Definitely personal but if you know this going in there won't be any shocking questions. Typical questions in addition to the personal, life-story type questions. They want to hear you're 100% interested in sales and building a long career with them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited into the office for a half-day with the company. The day began at 7:45am and it started with a daily group meeting. From there, I shadowed multiple different positions in the company and learned about how a day operates in the company. You learn the tasks and how people move up through the positions. It was very insightful and interesting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      Why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the director, came on site for an hour long interview with the director, then did a half day with the team. Met with the director once more to go over the offer in person.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of personal questions about my family background and my relationships. Then they asked me why I wanted to be in sales. I told them that I didn't, I wanted to be a recruiter.   1 Answer