TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.2

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

The initial interview process did not take a long time to undergo. After applying online, one of the HR personnel contacts you, usually via phone, and conducts a brief interview to see if there is a reason to move forward with the process. Then, if there is good chemistry, they'll set up an interview with you at one of the branch offices. After the interview, it took a long time to hear back from the company even after calling the interviewer multiple times.

Interview Questions

• What can you do help TekSystems fulfill its mission and vision?
    What are three strengths?
    What's one area of weakness?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2015.

Interview

The first step is a introductory call with a internal recruiter; and then a hour long phone interview with the internal recruiter. If all goes well the recruiter will set up a in person interview with the DBO ( director of business operations). This is where things can get complicated. The first interview with the DBO consist of answering some rather personal questions, and seeing if you're "tough" enough for the job. You can also expect feedback on what your perceived weakness are. After the initial interview you will be asked to do a half day where you can expect to meet multiple account managers and recruiters. Get plenty of sleep the night before this can be rather taxing. However everyone is very nice, but bring your A game you are being judged!! They will find ANY reason to disqualify you!! They have a high turn over rate and want to make sure that you're the right "fit" or how willingly you are to jump through hoops for the company. After the half day expect to send multiple emails and phone calls and never have them returned. They told me multiple times there would be a decision the next day and a week went by with no answer. Myself along with my family were becoming exhausted from this. Be prepared to jump through hoops. However if you plan to have a career here, get used to the jumping through hoops and difficult communication it will be the norm. After about a month I received a offer, and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Biggest challenge you faced. Greatest strengths and weakness. What your parents do. What activities you engaged in during college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have a salary set in place!

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

They are looking for competitive, driven, motivated, and fun individuals to work for them. They will phone screen you then a one on one with the director followed by a lunch or dinner panel interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions to get to know who you are as a person and want to know what drives and motivates you. They expect you to be vulnerable with each other and really put everything out there.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone screen with DBO. I was instructed to find a few recruiters who work for TEKsystems and call them to ask about the role, expectations, hardest part, easiest part, etc. After that was completed I called the DBO back and then an onsite interview with the DBO was scheduled. I also met with 4 Account Manager's. I did a 1/2 day, where I sat with a few different recruiters so I could see first hand what some of their day to day duties.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed. What motivates you? What is the hardest thing you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. Within a week or two I was contacted by a regional recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard - tell me about yourself, are you competitive, why sales/recruiting, describe for me a time when, etc. I was moved to the second round of interviews in which I did a branch visit and panel interview with the branch manager and an account manager. They were very polite and engaging. Prior to the interview you fill out a background report with experience and they used that to guide the interview, which lasted about an hour and a half. Following the interview they said they would be in contact with me within the next week and if I didn't hear from them then I should call. Well, I didn't hear from them. I sent them both follow up thank you emails, only heard back from the ranch manager saying he would be in contact with me soon. Another week goes by, no word. I sent another email on a Thursday mornjng inquiring where they were I the process and that I was still very interested. No word back. I called on Monday, no answer. I called on Tuesday and finally got the branch manager who informed me that I interviews all and I was an ideal candidate, but they wee going with someone else. eexpernice

Interview Questions

• What makes you competitive? Give an example of teamwork? How do you communicate and deal with criticism?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Falls Church, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. Phone screen followed by a group interview with several account managers and a one one one with the director. Half day shadow was the last step which allowed me to interact with those on the job, get a sense of the day to day, and meet with employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome adversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

They ask you tons of personal questions and grill you to try to find out your "story" and understand what motivates you. Unprofessional and judgmental to say the least. I hate this interview technique, and I felt that management did not really care about me, they were just trying to go through the motions and bring people on ASAP because their attrition is so high.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Inappropriate. Phone interview, online assessment, in person panel interview, half day at office. They seem nice and like a great company but the questions I was asked were a good bit too personal for a job interview especially with someone that would be your future boss. Was asked what my parents do, what my significant other did, how long we had been together, personal hardships, who else I was interviewing with... along with many other questions like that... Wish I had asked how these questions pertained to the job I was interviewing for...

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do?
      Tell me your life story...
      What does your significant other do?
      Answer Question

Did not want to work in a place that conducted such unprofessional interviews.. Turn over rate is 35%

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

WORST INTERVIEW EVER! The process consisted of three steps: Phone Interview, In person interview, and finally a half-day in the office. The phone interview was very nice and professional. When I can in for the in person interview, things seemed to go well at first. However, half way through the interview, my interviewer asked me to describe some character flaws that I have struggled with in the past. They spent the majority of the interview ripping me apart and looking for different faults in my character. They asked very uncomfortable questions about personal life and came across as very unprofessional. They asked me to come in for a half day after the interview and I accepted in spite of my better instincts.

When I came in for the half day, other members of the management team grilled me about issues they assumed that I had. It was an overall negative experience in which the interviewers did everything possible to make other people around them feel small. Life is too short to work with people who treat others this way.

Interview Questions

• "I think people might have a hard time getting along with you. Why do you think that is?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

A lot of very personal questions were asked during the interview. For example, I was asked what my parents did for a living. Many very personal questions were asked. I did not feel uncomfortable but a little overwhelmed with how much she wanted to know about me. This could be good or bad. Be careful how you answer questions.