TELUS Business Analyst II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Business Analyst II Interview Questions

2.7

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

1) Phone Interview (screening with HR)
2) Phone Interview with hiring manager and team lead (Director)
3) Case Presentation with entire team (many of the team are located all over Canada so this is done over Tele-presence)
- you will be given a couple of days usually over a weekend to prep a case. you will then present the case to the entire team
4) Job Offer + salary negotiations (not a lot of room to negotiate)

Interview Questions

• 1) Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
    2) Why do you want to work at TELUS?
    3) What are your strengths?
    4) Why are you leaving your current job?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TELUS

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Initial phone screening.
    One in person interview with the hiring manager.
    Call back for clarifications over the phone.
    Second in-person interview to meet future potential colleagues and client.
    Call back for clarifications over the phone (II).
    Offer process over the phone and in-person (for ID checks).

The hiring manager was always late for the in-person interviews. Panel interview was poorly organized. Participants had no idea who i was, were not informed in advance and were not given my CV ahead of time.
    On the phone interviews, it was easy to tell that they were doing something else at the same time and not really focussing on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very haphazard. No overall theme to the questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

First I met the Telus team at the University's Telus open evening. I made a good impression and managed to exchange business cards and learn people's names. Then I got a call and invite for an interview. Initial interview for 60 minutes. Then after passing this interview I was asked to come for a second interview and this time give a presentation for a business case.

Interview Questions

• If you were given more time, how would you improve your business solution (for the case study)?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Had three rounds
    Round 1 : Telephonic, where the hiring manager asked about current employment, skills and expectations (from him and mine) (30 mins)
    Round 2 : Behavioural where the senior managers and HR grilled me on scenario based questions (1.5 hours)
    Round 3: Hands on - where I was given data and asked to create an analysis and present to few folks (2Hours)

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced in your career?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

be prepared for behavioural and motivational type questions. there may be a peer interview in some cases. you also may have to present a business case that will be given to you

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when... (scheduling conflicts, troublesome management/customers...)   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

Very organised and straight-forward