TELUS Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

3.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and then got a call the next day about an interview. The application process was relatively fast. I had to go through two interviews and it definitely didn't fit the job title and description that I applied for. The sales associate position mostly seemed like it would be for the in store retail environment but she told me it would be trade shows, events, door to door and so on which I was uncomfortable with. It seemed sketchy because it didn't feel like I really earned the job as they were more of trying to sell the job to me. What I thought would be a sales associate turned out to be a junior marketing consultant which felt like a lot more work than I intended for. And the hours were crazy as it required you to work full time with 9-6 shifts mon-fri and 12-8 on Saturdays. The pay would be good but it just wasn't what I was looking for as they kept talking about manager positions and how to get promoted in the company trying to sell this job to me.

Design Specialist I (Outside Plant Eng) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Got a email and call from HR about two months later asking general questions and saying a manager would email me to set a time up.
    Got a email from Telus Manager within a week to set up a interview time.
    Telus Manager and another manager interviewed, asking general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between grounding and bonding?
      What do you know about fiber?
      Answer Question

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy and asked many questions not really related to the job position. The behavioral questioning aspect of the interview was quite intimidating. Several screening interviews were performed prior to the face to face interview. The post interview I did not receive any response regarding my status of the application or interview even though I asked.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

the interviewer was 15 min late. I was informed that the job is actually door to door sales which was very misleading. the hours of work were not typical (1-9 pm) and that was not indicated on the posting which i felt was also misleading.

Interview Questions

• the interview questions were a joke, she said we only have 15 minutes and the only questions she asked was was i willing to work the hours 1-9 and "summarize" my job history. she then said that she had another job in mind as a manager (as I had management experience) and would refer me to that manager whom i never heard from.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online for 2 position service tech and help desk. Sent me 2 messed up assignments that was almost 2 hour length for both jobs. I completed both of them. i never herd back for the service technician but herd back for help desk saying congrads i did well and wants to set up interview on phone. Assignment was Nothing related to the job the questions were very stupids skills question and such not worth the hassle waste of time

Telecom Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week. I did a phone interview, which took approximately half an hour. There was also an online assessment to take, took about an hour and a half because they advise you to use Internet Explorer - very slow. Scheduled for an in-person interview at the end of the week, interview took approximately two hours.

Interview Questions

• They give sample situations and ask how you would react.   1 Answer

Telecom Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially a per-assessment test comprising of memorization part,arithmetic part,English vocabulary. Second a formal HR interview and final a managerial interview.Then a background check and references. The last interview was video based as the manager was out of station.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?Why you applied for this job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me one good thing and one bad thing about your previous employers. What would they say about you, if we contact them.   Answer Question
    • How your previous companies ranked you among employees and what were their KPI's?   Answer Question
    • What your previous managers would tell us about you, if we contact them? How will you dealt with a situation where a customer did not liked with your services.   Answer Question
    • How will you describe someone about telus, if they ask you about where do you work? Give us an example, where you have done out of the box thinking at your workplace.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Started with a phone interview with the hiring manager which was about 30 mins. Came in two days later for an in person interview which was about 60 mins. Hiring manager made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Examples of work and projects that demonstrate why I would be good for the job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

through an external agent . Relatively simple process, however it sounded like the interviewer was sugar coating a lot of the cons of the job and giving indirect answers. It would have been nice if he had been straight forward. Relatively standard questions about past exeperience and sales skills. It was a short 15 minute interview and they called me back for another round, but to which I declined.

Interview Questions

Did not feel like the job matched my expectations, comission only based salary

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I had a Phone interview with the Hiring Manager. He was nice. He talked about his expectations for the job. What are their plans and concerns. It took about half an hour. He said he would let me know one week if I were passed for the next round. Good experience.