TELUS Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

3.1

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Specialist/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Got to the 2nd interview, interview was conducted by 2 persons. Mainly behavioral Questions. And only one question related to the JOB itself. Were not looking at the Resume at all.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was a behavioural based interview following the STAR method which has one answering questions by first stating the Situation, Task, Action and then Response. The second interview your asked to do a case study.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you used data and planing to persuade someone?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Extremely disappointing and shameful process for such a large company.

- phone screen with corporate HR
    - telephone presentation based on academic case study at the level of a university course including Powerpoint and verbal defence of my conclusions
    - comprehensive interview directly following the presentation with the hiring manager
    - remote video interview with hiring manager and his supervisor a week or so later
    - there were no open questions at the end of the process; my confidence was high; smiles all around

Following the interview, there was no contact whatsoever from the company and no way for me to follow up directly. I learned that the position had been filled only by reviewing the status of the position on line 4 months later.

I have hired people in the past and have seen terrible HR actions. This is one of the worst.

Interview Questions

• It was so long ago, I forget. The entire process had a high difficulty rating.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had to take an online behavioral test sent from the recruiter. I was then contacted by an HR recruiting representative and had a quick 15 minute over the phone interview. A day later, I received a call from the store manager and went in for a face to face interview. There were 2 people interviewing me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and then got a call the next day about an interview. The application process was relatively fast. I had to go through two interviews and it definitely didn't fit the job title and description that I applied for. The sales associate position mostly seemed like it would be for the in store retail environment but she told me it would be trade shows, events, door to door and so on which I was uncomfortable with. It seemed sketchy because it didn't feel like I really earned the job as they were more of trying to sell the job to me. What I thought would be a sales associate turned out to be a junior marketing consultant which felt like a lot more work than I intended for. And the hours were crazy as it required you to work full time with 9-6 shifts mon-fri and 12-8 on Saturdays. The pay would be good but it just wasn't what I was looking for as they kept talking about manager positions and how to get promoted in the company trying to sell this job to me.

Design Specialist I (Outside Plant Eng) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Got a email and call from HR about two months later asking general questions and saying a manager would email me to set a time up.
    Got a email from Telus Manager within a week to set up a interview time.
    Telus Manager and another manager interviewed, asking general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between grounding and bonding?
      What do you know about fiber?   Answer Question

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy and asked many questions not really related to the job position. The behavioral questioning aspect of the interview was quite intimidating. Several screening interviews were performed prior to the face to face interview. The post interview I did not receive any response regarding my status of the application or interview even though I asked.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

the interviewer was 15 min late. I was informed that the job is actually door to door sales which was very misleading. the hours of work were not typical (1-9 pm) and that was not indicated on the posting which i felt was also misleading.

Interview Questions

• the interview questions were a joke, she said we only have 15 minutes and the only questions she asked was was i willing to work the hours 1-9 and "summarize" my job history. she then said that she had another job in mind as a manager (as I had management experience) and would refer me to that manager whom i never heard from.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online for 2 position service tech and help desk. Sent me 2 messed up assignments that was almost 2 hour length for both jobs. I completed both of them. i never herd back for the service technician but herd back for help desk saying congrads i did well and wants to set up interview on phone. Assignment was Nothing related to the job the questions were very stupids skills question and such not worth the hassle waste of time

Telecom Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week. I did a phone interview, which took approximately half an hour. There was also an online assessment to take, took about an hour and a half because they advise you to use Internet Explorer - very slow. Scheduled for an in-person interview at the end of the week, interview took approximately two hours.

Interview Questions

• They give sample situations and ask how you would react.   1 Answer