TELUS Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 20, 2017

266 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Long winded and very choppy - I was bounced around to a few different people and two of the four people i was in contact with stopped working there during my interview process (might have been let go/quit?). I was called in for an interview but wasn't given a date or time and then I got radio silence from them - due to the fact that my contacts suddenly stopped working there.

Anyway, it just seems like their team is poorly organized and there's very little communication going on across teams and within the HR team as well.

I seem to have just "fallen off", even after being bounced around various people and frequently checking in. They just stopped responding to my messages.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with a precarious work situation? (Contract position)   1 Answer

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was held in person at a Telus head office. Questions asked are to understand your thought process in the moment to confirm you have the correcting thinking path. Focusing on multi tasking, thinking out of the box and being self managed.

Interview Questions

• Why is a man whole round?   1 Answer
    • You are provided a 4 page incident report which you are to summarize for the CEO. You have 30 min to complete.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had to take an online behavioral test sent from the recruiter. I was then contacted by an HR recruiting representative and had a quick 15 minute over the phone interview. A day later, I received a call from the store manager and went in for a face to face interview. There were 2 people interviewing me.

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Direct to consumers is a door to door sales position. The Summer Student Sales Representative hiring event took place at Telus HQ with dozens of student at a time. The group of students get to hear a presentation about the job and how great it is. Be careful because it is not Telus that hires the sales people, it's a company known as Upstat Marketing which Telus contracts to do their sales. The guys are really charismatic and they merely use the Telus HQ to affirm it's legitimacy. Talking to other students there, alot of us thought this job was super sketchy. Do your research on Upstat Marketing before you commit to the job because that's who you are really working for.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later from HR where I was asked a few questions to get to know my work background a little better. She then schedules an interview with the store manager for a few days after. The interview took about an hour, and a lot of it was the manager telling me exactly what the job entails. Because I had previous wireless sales experience he also asked a lot of questions about that. He calls me about two days later and says he already filled the position but forwarded my resume to a store closer to me who was hiring as well. I went in for another interview with that manager, where the interview also took about an hour. Same type of questions that I had with the previous interview. That manager calls me about two days later and offers me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and then got a call the next day about an interview. The application process was relatively fast. I had to go through two interviews and it definitely didn't fit the job title and description that I applied for. The sales associate position mostly seemed like it would be for the in store retail environment but she told me it would be trade shows, events, door to door and so on which I was uncomfortable with. It seemed sketchy because it didn't feel like I really earned the job as they were more of trying to sell the job to me. What I thought would be a sales associate turned out to be a junior marketing consultant which felt like a lot more work than I intended for. And the hours were crazy as it required you to work full time with 9-6 shifts mon-fri and 12-8 on Saturdays. The pay would be good but it just wasn't what I was looking for as they kept talking about manager positions and how to get promoted in the company trying to sell this job to me.

Design Specialist I (Outside Plant Eng) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Got a email and call from HR about two months later asking general questions and saying a manager would email me to set a time up.
    Got a email from Telus Manager within a week to set up a interview time.
    Telus Manager and another manager interviewed, asking general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between grounding and bonding?
      What do you know about fiber?   Answer Question

Interview

Online applications accepted followed by a telephonic interview. Then they call the candidate for face to face interview followed by a group interview if you are lucky to get selected

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very good 1st interview phone screen....HR handled this very well....however the potential second interview was not handled very well...they expected candidates to do a business case as part of the 2nd interview...this is known as free consulting and stealing your IP....because of this ask...I withdrew from the process....this seems to be the standard protocol with the big 3 telecoms....so beware if you decide to interview with any of these companies.

IT Co-op Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted me 2 months after I initally applied, 1 behavioural/technical interview with HR and future supervisor both in a room for 1 hour. They don't let you know if you didn't get the job.