TELUS Customer Care Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Customer Care Representative Interview Questions

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted only 1week after submitting my resume. No phone interview, it was a panel interview with 2 managers, then one personality/skills test. The written test was composed of a variety of multiple choice behavioural questions as well as math testing skills. it was a very personable and down to earth interview with 2 very intelligent and likeable managers. They were more interested in how I would react or deal with difficult customers in different scenarios and circumstances.The managers there seem very likeable and easy to get along with.TELUS is a very well structured and managed company. It has a very good work/family life balance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. The wage per hour was very good, as well as the benefits, they started immediately on day one, and you'd get incremental wage increases every few months after you've worked there a year. It was a great experience.

Other Interview Reviews for TELUS

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in February 2014.

Interview

it was a 1:1 interview wuth the HR and after I had a test regarding the language skills I was appliyng for a oral test and a written test. The interviewit took approximatelly 1h30. After that it took around 3 weeks to get an answer from the company and I started after 1 week I was selected.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Care Representative position with Telus on thier website online. The next morning I got an email saying my resume was being reviewed. The day after that I got an email saying they liked my resume and invited me to attend a pre-employment assessment which was 1 week later. After the assessment (which you get to do from home on your own computer but at a specific time that they request), I got a call saying they would contact me in a few weeks with results.The test had mock call cetre scenarios and you have to chose the best resolution, typing tests, IQ tests, personality tests ect. They give you like 2 hrs but it took mw 1hr and 15min. I was contacted 2 days later and now I had to do a quick phone interview with the HR person from Telus. They asked why I left my previous job, why I wanted to work for Telus ect. Then they said I was invited to a 1;1 interview. I was asked to bring 2 pieces of ID and 2 business references. So I went to my interview and she said it will be about an hr long. She asked me Qs while writing all my answers down on paper. She did not ask me for my references or my ID there. She asked why telus, how do you imagine a day at work here, tell her about a time when I was stressed at work, give an example of a time when I couldnt help a customer, how would I tell if a customer is unhappy on the phone, do I have direct sales experience, what do I think Ill be doing at telus, where do I think Ill be in the company in 3 years, give her an example of when I was overcame a bad situation at work, then I had to read this mock story about an angry customer and she will ask me questions about it, she said 5 but she only asked 3. I was asked what was the best company I worked for and what was a company that made me unhappy to work for and why. After the interview she said the recruitment team goes over everything and they get back to me within 2 weeks regardless. I just had the interview this morning so Im waiting.

Interview Questions

• Geez she asked 5 in 1 and I have a bad memory and she kept re-asking things I missed for example- What company were you working for when a stressful situation arose, what was that situation, what did you do, how was the outcome.....omg   1 Answer
    • Why do I have a 4 month period of work missing when my last job ended.   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS in April 2010.

Interview

Start with the online application then on to testing, whereby there is a typing test, personality test (with some questionable questions) and a multitasking test. Also, after that you get called in for an interview with a haring manager for the job. They are a manager who actually manages people in the position. They are big on using situational interviews - where you say background, then your action and the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker   Answer Question