TELUS Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.6

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

After they receive you application they send you an email confirming they received it and if you are a qualified candidate they will get back to you. When they reach out to you they call you and offer an interview they ask you a few personal and availability questions. During the interview they follow a questionnaire based on work experience and personal values.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply to TELUS?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TELUS

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Timeline - Fill out job application. Receive series of tests that include personality tests, call center scenarios, information processing, and grammar. Prescreening interview from HR coordinator (more so description of company and what the job entails). Called in for additional testing. Testing focused on Grammar and also a typing speed test (with a group of 5+). If you aren't able to pass any of them then you won't be able to move forward with the interview. The interview was conducted by team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to assist a customer with troubleshooting? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard base pay.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website, emailed a test took about 45mins, emailed again about a week later about a phone screening, invited to a in person interview, did typing test had to score (minimum of 35 wph) and a grammar test (score 70% or better) grammar test was pretty easy mostly spelling and word placement, the same day after testing had an interview (behavioral questions "name a time") and was offered job after interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did not get your problem resolved but experience good customer service and explain why it was good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I was to meet in the waiting room at the front desk where a bunch of other people were waiting. We were taken downstairs for the interview. They asked me a few questions and took me up stairs to begin the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about working with a difficult customer on the phone and how I would handle it   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Thursday
    Applied online at Telus International website. Immediately got an email invitation to complete the assessment. I completed Assessment that same day.

Monday
    2 weeks later recieved an email from a recruiter to come in for more testing and possible interview.

Friday
    Arrive at Telus, to a group interview 15 min early as requested in email. Split a group of 14 in half. Half did testing and the others went for interviews. I did my assessments(simple grammar and timed typing test) and passed both. The Interview process was fun. Use S.T.A.R. method to answer all questions.
    Was offered position after consenting to background check and offsite drug testing within 24 hours of offer.

Was

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was scheduled for 2:00pm, didn't get back until about 2:20. It was a group interview, myself and 4 others. Three people from the company were our interviewers. They started by having us interview each other by asking: What person living or not living would we want to spend a day with? We had to present our answers for each other. They left us in a room to do so for about 10 mins. Then they returned and interviewed us by asking us all the same 4 questions in different order. In the end, they have you do another assessment, in addition to the 80 minute one they have you do at home for the application process. This assessment you do there has you give a detailed descriptions about how to make an omelet, weird. Followed by providing the past tense words for about 6 verbs; like take=took.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had good and bad customer service experiences. What made them bad or good?   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Can be an extended application process with multiple online assessments that you will have to complete online. Personality test is also included and seems to be very effective considering the very laid back atmosphere of this call center. After two months of waiting and two over the phone interviews, I was called in for an in person interview after totaling about 20 mins. I was hired the same day, given drug test and new hire paperwork. It is also a plainclothes interview although I was unaware until I got there. Overall a very pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• As with most interviews, the most difficult question is what is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, standard starting hourly for all new hires. Chance for a $1 increase in overall hourly after probation period. Good starting pay for a call center nowadays.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS in May 2013.

Interview

I initially filled out my application online and was rejected via email. About 2 weeks after the rejection I received a call letting me know that many people were unfairly rejected from the system and that I needed to complete the next steps in the application process and wait to schedule an interview. Once I schedule the interview, I discovered it was a group interview and was with 8 other people for my interview as well as managers that currently worked for Netflix. They did not ask the typical interview questions which made it fun and more relaxed, but also really made you think.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions but the two that stood out the most to me were "what song describes your life?" and a scenario about an unhappy customer and how I would resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2013.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews and an assessment all the interviews where the same and had the basic interview questions: How did you learn about us? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you had to over come an issue? The assessment was timed and included a personality test that seem to go on for ever. 3 separate interviews seemed excessive.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially, I went through a temp agency, although I think the company has since moved from from that method of hiring. I was told by the recruiter than the company had a very similar culture to that of what Google and Zappos is known for...which I tried so badly to institute something similar at my previous company for years. I went to my first interview with TELUS directly, and one question I made sure to be quite specific about asking was, "What is the average incentive a tenured agent makes per month?" and was told $400-$500. With my sales background, I assumed I would easily make $750/month in incentive alone, which was a driving factor to taking the job. This, however, is not true. The most EVER paid incentive was $240. I'd say the average agent makes less than $50 a month. If you're recommended for hire, you need to go through an FBI fingerprint background check along with the standard drug test. If you have nothing to worry about GREAT! If you do, though, the background check will not come back for six to eight weeks, but they may still hire you on, and then let you go. In my class alone, I believe we lost three people after a twelve week training.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you didn't get this job?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation...none. Don't even try.