TELUS Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

HR Screening. Then provided real case situation: Specifically, I was provided 5 to 10 challenge themes in the business, and improve the business on those factors.
Situational interview questions in panel interview.
Next stage interview with two senior executives.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TELUS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview with VP and HR. Process was efficient and they gave me time to ask questions. Role description was provided ahead of the interview. Was asked to walk through cv before discussion their questions. Interview was approx one hour. HR were friendly and helped with overview of company and the department.

Interview Questions

• Please give examples of a time when you were successful. What didn't you do and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

You'll need to go to their TALEO powered Careers website to fill in a fairly detailed profile even if they know you already. Uploading your Resume helps fill in a lot of the information. From there you will need to attach that profile to the actual job posting and connect the two together.

HR will screen you at first and answer any high level questions you have.

Get to know TELUS before you apply and certainly before the interviews. Read their Financials, Annual reports and try and meet other TELUS people.

After everything - there will be a Panel interview: Your hiring manager and a number of your peers or potential colleagues. You will be asked to do a 10 minute presentation (do NOT go over!) and this will be followed by Q&A. If your position is technically oriented the questions will veer that way. If it is more leadership oriented then expect the questions to be more Managerial.

If you can get past the panel interview you will be asked to supply references and go through a Police background check (all TELUS employees need to pass this criminal record check).

Interview Questions

• The interview questions need to show practical real-world examples. Do not use theoretical answers: They want to see what YOU would do from your own real experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

Very disrespectful and intimidating approach by senior leader