TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2017

3.1

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

The process started with first interview of selected you were taken to second level interview with Operations manager of the company. The operations manager then proceeded to ask a series of general interview questions

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved an application online and a phone screening. After the phone screening was an in person interview, after that a follow up phone call was to be made. However, I received a rejection email instead.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that make a good team.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. Interview lasted around 30 minutes, standard questions (nothing technical). why do you want to work for Telus (talk about what makes them special). Second round was to prepare a presentation to prepare in front of a panel and other candidates. A new idea or service that would help Telus stand out. then a third round where they asked behavioural and few technical questions. Didn't hear anything back post third round.

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Long winded and very choppy - I was bounced around to a few different people and two of the four people i was in contact with stopped working there during my interview process (might have been let go/quit?). I was called in for an interview but wasn't given a date or time and then I got radio silence from them - due to the fact that my contacts suddenly stopped working there.

Anyway, it just seems like their team is poorly organized and there's very little communication going on across teams and within the HR team as well.

I seem to have just "fallen off", even after being bounced around various people and frequently checking in. They just stopped responding to my messages.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with a precarious work situation? (Contract position)   1 Answer

Site Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for first step. Pleasant, efficient and thorough. Standard questions, skills review, interest in the role, knowledge or organization. Had follow up with recruiting Director, again thorough, cordial, professional. Company cares about the employee / "recruitee" experience., aligned with the brand.

Interview Questions

• If I cold change anything in the various functions I held, what would it be? Why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter with Telus Digital. Phone interview. The questions were presented rather rapid fire and awkwardly, feeling a bit like a competition. Not sure why they decided to take that tact, as it was a bit silly. Seemed to get stuck on some of the industry background, which showed some conceptual inflexibility around experience analysis and competency evaluation. Otherwise was an interesting chat, although some questions seemed to poke at competencies (I have) that would not be directly related to the role. Feedback took several weeks, which didn't evidence a coherent supply chain for the recruitment and onboarding process. The screening questions seem to be pursuing a specific demographic, which is not uncommon for startup cultures.

Gamer Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in June 2017.

Interview

Took Telus months to reply to the initial application. The HR was very very polite, warm and kind. However, after all I waited for them, they called me while I was in a hospital and wanted an immediate interview for the next day. I told them I need some time, but they insisted that then let it be skype. I had myself discharged instead so I could go in person. I went to the wrong office at first, but they were very understanding about that. They called me a taxi, took me to the other building and were incredibly nice. I interviewed at Telus (Sofia), it was a two-hour long interview. It all went well up until the point where I had to tell them why I was in the hospital and the reason is mental illness. At that point the interviewer closed the interview with *I won't take any more of your time*. The HR called me two days later and told me, they do not see why but management did not let them proceed. I find this ironic because TELUS is one of the companies that take pride in not discriminating disabilities and illness. This is sad for me, it was a company I was really enthusiastic about. All in all, if you are lucky you can work there.

Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was introduced by a recruiter to Telus, i went through 3 interviews.
    First one was a telephone interview, tge second one was in person interview & the third one again a telephone interview, all technical and behavioral quedtions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had to risk beyond your authority   Answer Question

Automation Tester Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TELUS in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role of Automated Tester at Telus Digital through an agency. Initially had a screening Interview with HR which I cleared post which was called
    for final interview. Before going for the final interview, I was instructed by the agency that Telus Digital works like a startup and has so called casual culture and like people who dress casually. I found it bit strange that a company gives importance to such things rather than technical skills of the candidates. On the day of the interview, I met one person who took me to the interview room which had two more people. They walked through my resume and experience. I answered all the technical questions. Post the technical questions they try to make small talk . I talked casually with them and they also introduced me to the team. I almost felt that I might be chosen for the role but also had a feeling that they wanted me to have long conversation with them about some stupid random topics. They did not care about my time and the fact that i took time out of my schedule to attend the interview.

Well, next day I got feedback. I was given a very vague reason for rejection. They said technically m good but not a cultural fit. This was a big shock for me. I don't understand how do you reject person based on that. These people want just extroverts as part of their team and they are nothing of an inclusive workplace they claim they are. So my advice to all Interviewers if you are introvert you are wasting your time and energy in applying a role at Telus Digital

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS in April 2017.

Interview

The Application Process took 12-13 hours. First step is a panel interview. There are 4 people in the room, 3 applicants and the interviewee. They would ask questions about yourself, your job experience etc. After passing the initial interview, the next step would be answering sets of online exams. The exams includes testing your grammar, communication skills and work ethics. It also has situational problems. After that, I waited for about 6 hours(it was 2-3 am) for the final interview with the operations manager. The questions asked were just the same as the initial interview. Lastly, they would test your skills through a mock call. I didn't get an offer but they said that they would enroll me first in an English Academy for two weeks. They might reconsider depending on the results of my performance there. But after 5 days, they texted me that I didn't passed the interview. I replied asking about the training they offered me but I didn't got any reply.