TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.9

366 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was first for me, Lindsay was sooo down to earth but I could tell she was stern. The phone interview was great. I got invited to the interview the next day, I took an assessment, fairly easy. The actual interview was by two managers. They asked "tell me about a time" questions and two role plays. It went well enough I got offered a position and I accepted overall excellent experience

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Operations Manager + Team Leader, 45 minutes. Asked about experience in customer support and understanding of company products and process. Asked for examples where I had resolved a situation where a customer had been given wrong information.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a case that a colleague had missed a vital element and the customer was upset?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

After they receive you application they send you an email confirming they received it and if you are a qualified candidate they will get back to you. When they reach out to you they call you and offer an interview they ask you a few personal and availability questions. During the interview they follow a questionnaire based on work experience and personal values.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply to TELUS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Show up. Get put in a room of 15-20 people. Log in to a computer. Technical test of basic questions: whats wifi, whats airplane mode, whats android, type an email to a customer. 15 questions or so. Very easy if you are familiar with smartphones. Typing test. 35wpm of higher. They will let you retake it over and over until you can pass. A stupid old grammer test. From like the 90's. Then your interview. Very non personal. Where do you work? Whats wifi? Role play... of an upset customer? Can you work all shifts? Less than 5 minutes, your told your hired. Sign all these papers. NO OFFER LETTER. Dont know what the job is or for who. You can ask many questions and the answer is: you'll find out on your first day. When is my first day? Answer: we will email you. They assume you accept because they dont ask you if you will take it. Then you look around and see you overdressed as a professional because some of the people who also came in and got hired... are wearing tore up jeans, flip flops, house shoes! So be prepared for just a paycheck while you find a real job. And if you fail the drug test.. guess what? You can retake it!

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Typing, technical, and a grammar test to screen then a 1 on 1 interview asking a little about previous work experience and going through a customer service scenario to show your troubleshooting abilities by being able to ask good questions.
    The perform a background check in addition to drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What are some good filler to use with a customer on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

a typing test, drug screen all of which followed the interview inclusive of a background check, chances are it will be different; contingent on the campaign in which you apply for.

Interview Questions

• Networking and intermediate knowledge of thewcinternet and computer operation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Timeline - Fill out job application. Receive series of tests that include personality tests, call center scenarios, information processing, and grammar. Prescreening interview from HR coordinator (more so description of company and what the job entails). Called in for additional testing. Testing focused on Grammar and also a typing speed test (with a group of 5+). If you aren't able to pass any of them then you won't be able to move forward with the interview. The interview was conducted by team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to assist a customer with troubleshooting? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard base pay.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website, emailed a test took about 45mins, emailed again about a week later about a phone screening, invited to a in person interview, did typing test had to score (minimum of 35 wph) and a grammar test (score 70% or better) grammar test was pretty easy mostly spelling and word placement, the same day after testing had an interview (behavioral questions "name a time") and was offered job after interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did not get your problem resolved but experience good customer service and explain why it was good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I was to meet in the waiting room at the front desk where a bunch of other people were waiting. We were taken downstairs for the interview. They asked me a few questions and took me up stairs to begin the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about working with a difficult customer on the phone and how I would handle it   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

The process started with first interview of selected you were taken to second level interview with Operations manager of the company. The operations manager then proceeded to ask a series of general interview questions