TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Show up. Get put in a room of 15-20 people. Log in to a computer. Technical test of basic questions: whats wifi, whats airplane mode, whats android, type an email to a customer. 15 questions or so. Very easy if you are familiar with smartphones. Typing test. 35wpm of higher. They will let you retake it over and over until you can pass. A stupid old grammer test. From like the 90's. Then your interview. Very non personal. Where do you work? Whats wifi? Role play... of an upset customer? Can you work all shifts? Less than 5 minutes, your told your hired. Sign all these papers. NO OFFER LETTER. Dont know what the job is or for who. You can ask many questions and the answer is: you'll find out on your first day. When is my first day? Answer: we will email you. They assume you accept because they dont ask you if you will take it. Then you look around and see you overdressed as a professional because some of the people who also came in and got hired... are wearing tore up jeans, flip flops, house shoes! So be prepared for just a paycheck while you find a real job. And if you fail the drug test.. guess what? You can retake it!

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

After they receive you application they send you an email confirming they received it and if you are a qualified candidate they will get back to you. When they reach out to you they call you and offer an interview they ask you a few personal and availability questions. During the interview they follow a questionnaire based on work experience and personal values.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply to TELUS?   1 Answer

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Typing, technical, and a grammar test to screen then a 1 on 1 interview asking a little about previous work experience and going through a customer service scenario to show your troubleshooting abilities by being able to ask good questions.
    The perform a background check in addition to drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What are some good filler to use with a customer on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Timeline - Fill out job application. Receive series of tests that include personality tests, call center scenarios, information processing, and grammar. Prescreening interview from HR coordinator (more so description of company and what the job entails). Called in for additional testing. Testing focused on Grammar and also a typing speed test (with a group of 5+). If you aren't able to pass any of them then you won't be able to move forward with the interview. The interview was conducted by team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to assist a customer with troubleshooting? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard base pay.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website, emailed a test took about 45mins, emailed again about a week later about a phone screening, invited to a in person interview, did typing test had to score (minimum of 35 wph) and a grammar test (score 70% or better) grammar test was pretty easy mostly spelling and word placement, the same day after testing had an interview (behavioral questions "name a time") and was offered job after interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did not get your problem resolved but experience good customer service and explain why it was good customer service?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

The process started with first interview of selected you were taken to second level interview with Operations manager of the company. The operations manager then proceeded to ask a series of general interview questions

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2015.

Interview

I was called in by a recruiter, and scheduled typing test and other background testing, was later called to meet a manager to interview with. The first interview went well however I felt that the manager felt intimidated by my expertise. I was then called back and offered another position in another department, which was a better fit because the manager was laid back, confident, and cool!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle attendance issues? What do you do with a low performing agent/employee?, how do you feel about coaching and development?, What KPI's have you had to manage in the past? Mostly management style questions that required a scenario based response   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, although I met other supervisors that made way more than me and had less experience ( which did not make any sense)

Interview

Thursday
    Applied online at Telus International website. Immediately got an email invitation to complete the assessment. I completed Assessment that same day.

Monday
    2 weeks later recieved an email from a recruiter to come in for more testing and possible interview.

Friday
    Arrive at Telus, to a group interview 15 min early as requested in email. Split a group of 14 in half. Half did testing and the others went for interviews. I did my assessments(simple grammar and timed typing test) and passed both. The Interview process was fun. Use S.T.A.R. method to answer all questions.
    Was offered position after consenting to background check and offsite drug testing within 24 hours of offer.

Was

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TELUS in October 2015.

Interview

I was aplaying online .
    I got my confirmation.
    I did the tests online.
    But i failed.
    Is clear the they want experience people even i did everything right.
    I would apply again in six months, do all over again.

Interview Questions

Minimum 1 year of experience on costumer service.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

Each interview had battery of tests: typing speed, mock call. In person interview, first HR hustles you through verifying results. Second interview with supervisor, maybe not of that campaign. Seem like decision was already made. First two jobs and was told I was hired, only to fall through days before training, one time they didn't contact me to tell me they had cancelled the campaign. Let me show up for job that wasn't there.

Interview Questions

• describe time you dealt with difficult customer and how you resolve that issue.   Answer Question
    • walk me through assisting a customer sitting up Wi-Fi on their mobile phone.   Answer Question
    • tell me some of your weaknesses and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Predetermined.