TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. Interview lasted around 30 minutes, standard questions (nothing technical). why do you want to work for Telus (talk about what makes them special). Second round was to prepare a presentation to prepare in front of a panel and other candidates. A new idea or service that would help Telus stand out. then a third round where they asked behavioural and few technical questions. Didn't hear anything back post third round.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Can be an extended application process with multiple online assessments that you will have to complete online. Personality test is also included and seems to be very effective considering the very laid back atmosphere of this call center. After two months of waiting and two over the phone interviews, I was called in for an in person interview after totaling about 20 mins. I was hired the same day, given drug test and new hire paperwork. It is also a plainclothes interview although I was unaware until I got there. Overall a very pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• As with most interviews, the most difficult question is what is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, standard starting hourly for all new hires. Chance for a $1 increase in overall hourly after probation period. Good starting pay for a call center nowadays.

Universal Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to a job fair and was emailed the assessment. Took it the same day, then received an email with another assessment. A few days after that, I received an email that they were focusing on other candidates. Then, a few days after that, I received a phone call asking me about my background, and was advised that I would receive another assessment. The email for this assessment advised that this was the final step. Checked the status for my application a few days later and my status said Passed Assessment. A couple weeks later, received an email telling me that I had passed all assessments and I would be contacted within 2 weeks to speak to hiring managers. Received the call that same day and was scheduled for that Monday. Interviewed and received a call 2 days later with the offer. Start on 11/6.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario based questions, which should not be too difficult coming from a customer service background. Also, a few questions to judge tech savviness.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS in May 2013.

Interview

I initially filled out my application online and was rejected via email. About 2 weeks after the rejection I received a call letting me know that many people were unfairly rejected from the system and that I needed to complete the next steps in the application process and wait to schedule an interview. Once I schedule the interview, I discovered it was a group interview and was with 8 other people for my interview as well as managers that currently worked for Netflix. They did not ask the typical interview questions which made it fun and more relaxed, but also really made you think.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions but the two that stood out the most to me were "what song describes your life?" and a scenario about an unhappy customer and how I would resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2013.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews and an assessment all the interviews where the same and had the basic interview questions: How did you learn about us? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you had to over come an issue? The assessment was timed and included a personality test that seem to go on for ever. 3 separate interviews seemed excessive.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially, I went through a temp agency, although I think the company has since moved from from that method of hiring. I was told by the recruiter than the company had a very similar culture to that of what Google and Zappos is known for...which I tried so badly to institute something similar at my previous company for years. I went to my first interview with TELUS directly, and one question I made sure to be quite specific about asking was, "What is the average incentive a tenured agent makes per month?" and was told $400-$500. With my sales background, I assumed I would easily make $750/month in incentive alone, which was a driving factor to taking the job. This, however, is not true. The most EVER paid incentive was $240. I'd say the average agent makes less than $50 a month. If you're recommended for hire, you need to go through an FBI fingerprint background check along with the standard drug test. If you have nothing to worry about GREAT! If you do, though, the background check will not come back for six to eight weeks, but they may still hire you on, and then let you go. In my class alone, I believe we lost three people after a twelve week training.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you didn't get this job?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation...none. Don't even try.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were quick, the recruiter immediately got back to me with feedback and next steps process. I was also immediately scheduled for the 1:1 in person interview within a week.

Interview Questions

• The usual regular questions about your experience, what will you bring to the table, flexibility, ect   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

Simple Ask and answer questions , answer phones calls do not miss a phone call. have a prepared resume, the usual interview formality you may expect from a call center

Interview Questions

• What did you do to figure out or troubleshoot an issue you had no idea about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

They hired through various temporary services. I took an assessment first for my temp agency and then one for Telus. A few days later I was called for a group interview. Very informal and fun with a fake funny scenario.

Interview Questions

• The scenario is usually something silly like "My refrigerator stopped working what are you going to do about it?" And you can say anything literally like "okay take a sock and rub it all over and that should fix the issue." It doesn't matter. Its fun and you can say whatever to make it right. Its basically an interview to test your personality and see if you're a good fit.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process with general questions, plus online customer service quiz on PC with upselling and ability to multitask. Interview process was conducted by Cornerstone Staffing.

Interview Questions

• No abnormal questions asked throughout interview process.   1 Answer
    • Computer assessment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation involved, very unorganized method of benefits and payment info. Information of wage was an approximate never given an exact wage. While training went on, wage information was questioned several times and always given a poor response by HR and supervisor.