TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later from HR where I was asked a few questions to get to know my work background a little better. She then schedules an interview with the store manager for a few days after. The interview took about an hour, and a lot of it was the manager telling me exactly what the job entails. Because I had previous wireless sales experience he also asked a lot of questions about that. He calls me about two days later and says he already filled the position but forwarded my resume to a store closer to me who was hiring as well. I went in for another interview with that manager, where the interview also took about an hour. Same type of questions that I had with the previous interview. That manager calls me about two days later and offers me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and then got a call the next day about an interview. The application process was relatively fast. I had to go through two interviews and it definitely didn't fit the job title and description that I applied for. The sales associate position mostly seemed like it would be for the in store retail environment but she told me it would be trade shows, events, door to door and so on which I was uncomfortable with. It seemed sketchy because it didn't feel like I really earned the job as they were more of trying to sell the job to me. What I thought would be a sales associate turned out to be a junior marketing consultant which felt like a lot more work than I intended for. And the hours were crazy as it required you to work full time with 9-6 shifts mon-fri and 12-8 on Saturdays. The pay would be good but it just wasn't what I was looking for as they kept talking about manager positions and how to get promoted in the company trying to sell this job to me.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS in April 2017.

Interview

The Application Process took 12-13 hours. First step is a panel interview. There are 4 people in the room, 3 applicants and the interviewee. They would ask questions about yourself, your job experience etc. After passing the initial interview, the next step would be answering sets of online exams. The exams includes testing your grammar, communication skills and work ethics. It also has situational problems. After that, I waited for about 6 hours(it was 2-3 am) for the final interview with the operations manager. The questions asked were just the same as the initial interview. Lastly, they would test your skills through a mock call. I didn't get an offer but they said that they would enroll me first in an English Academy for two weeks. They might reconsider depending on the results of my performance there. But after 5 days, they texted me that I didn't passed the interview. I replied asking about the training they offered me but I didn't got any reply.

Design Specialist I (Outside Plant Eng) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Got a email and call from HR about two months later asking general questions and saying a manager would email me to set a time up.
    Got a email from Telus Manager within a week to set up a interview time.
    Telus Manager and another manager interviewed, asking general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between grounding and bonding?
      What do you know about fiber?
      Answer Question

Interview

Online applications accepted followed by a telephonic interview. Then they call the candidate for face to face interview followed by a group interview if you are lucky to get selected

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very good 1st interview phone screen....HR handled this very well....however the potential second interview was not handled very well...they expected candidates to do a business case as part of the 2nd interview...this is known as free consulting and stealing your IP....because of this ask...I withdrew from the process....this seems to be the standard protocol with the big 3 telecoms....so beware if you decide to interview with any of these companies.

IT Co-op Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted me 2 months after I initally applied, 1 behavioural/technical interview with HR and future supervisor both in a room for 1 hour. They don't let you know if you didn't get the job.

Summer Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

It was a 45 min long interview. There were two interviewers. They asked about the area of preference and would decide later on the team which fits the candidate best. There were mixed questions both behavioral and technical for twenty minutes each. Can be pretty hectic. Should inform better about the interview process.

IT Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward and not very technical. I was told that I would be responsible for their mobile app and possibly port them from iOS to Android. The questions they gave me were mostly behavioural questions and about the projects that I did on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficulty or a problem in a group setting?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

One personal interview with hiring manager, interview with hr over the phone. Then the 3 part formal interview assessment. A reference and background check will follow if your application is successful.