TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a case and behaviour interview--45 min each.
    My case interview was a marketing case study. Interviewer was very supportive.
    My behavioural interviewer was incredibly rude and unprofessional. She treated the behavioural interview like a stress interview and tried to play the 'bad cop.' She swore on multiple occasions and belittled most of my responses. I've never experienced an interviewer like this before.

Despite positive culture reflected in everyone else I met at the company, this interviewer made the process extremely disappointing for me.

Co-op Strategy Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

One hour, over-the-phone interview. Spoke with two interviewers from two different technical teams. They asked about 70% behavioural and situational questions and 30% technical questions. For example, how would your past employers describe you? Give an example of a risk you took that you regret? Polite & professional interview, overall a good experience.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with two employees from their graduate recruitment program. One person asked about past experience and the other person asked about technical questions based on your experience and interests. The whole process was clear and smooth, lasted 50 min including 5 min question time in the end.

Marketing Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS in September 2016.

Interview

The process consists of a 45-minute behavioural Q&A (1 on 1) and a 45-minute case interview (1 on 2). They were done back to back, and everything was relatively straightforward. It seemed like they were aiming to get a good feel for my personality, work ethic, and experience without throwing any curveballs.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself.
      Q: Tell me about about a time you lead a team.
      Q: What is your greatest achievement?
      Answer Question

AFDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

3 interviewers, 2 financial department managers and 1 from another department I forget where. They ask a lot of question that make you self-reflect, what have you done that made you proud? Tell me a tell when you failed and what did you do about it.

Regional Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

pplication
    I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC).

Interview
    Process was a bit long (4 weeks ). Job fair interview and then F2F interview with store manager.
    At the second interview the interviewer made negative commentaries about the first person with whom I had the first interview.

Interview Questions

• the interviewer was 15 min late. I was informed that the job is actually door to door sales which was very misleading. the hours of work were not typical (1-9 pm) and that was not indicated on the posting which i felt was also misleading.   1 Answer

Negotiation

confortable

Developer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

t process was several months start to finish.

Phone interview with recruitment consultant, who shortlists candidates for in-person interviews with the local team.

Had first in-person interview with manager and team members locally. Later returned for second in-person interview with manager, team members and director.

Lots of questions focus on Telus culture and what attracted you. They want people who can learn effectively and share their values.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is nothing to negotiate. Plus you have to take a cellphone with the company.

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a Phone interview, about 25 minutes..
    With two people, from different departments
    They asked some technical questions about a specific skill and my experience with that
    They asked where do I live and when move to vancouver
    It was straight forward

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS in July 2016.

Interview

My resume was forwarded by HR to one of the directors from one of the other positions I had applied for in the past. So there was no HR round. It was a in person interview with the Director and Manager.