TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in October 2017.

Interview

According to their advertisement the process should be HR Final Interview and Online Exams, but the process became online exam. The exam provided is basically English grammar and verbal assessments, it also have typing test.

The most disappointing part in the process is it is all or nothing. when you failed on a certain part of the assessment you cannot go further, even though you are good on other part which waste my time.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was a behavioural based interview following the STAR method which has one answering questions by first stating the Situation, Task, Action and then Response. The second interview your asked to do a case study.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you used data and planing to persuade someone?   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was told that I just have to wait within 24-48hours to know the result of my interview wether it is pass or fail,but I was able to get any results at all. its been 5 days now. Disappointing

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self in 5 years now in this company?
      What is the reason for leaving your old company?
      Tell us about yourself
      What was the nature of your previous job   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

1. Applicant Data Sheet and Resume Submission
    2. Initial Interview (Basic and Company Questions) - HR
    3. Examination
    3.1. Typing Test (at least 35 wpm)
    3.2. Grammar and Communication Assessment
    3.3. Technical (Account Specific Exam)
    4. Final Interview (Behavioral and Situational Questions) - Operations Manager
    5. HR Orientation and Contract Signing

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you see yourself five years from now?
      Why should we hire you?
      Why do you want to work in a call center?
      What is a call center agent?
      What do you know about the company?
      How would you handle an irate customer?
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

talk about your experience and lot of behavioral type questions. Took a long time for them to get back to me ... they told me it was held up because of HR. The person in charge was on vacation. Very basic interview questions (leadership, prioritization, organization, etc)

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

long and typical interview questions. the main questions were your strengths as a sales person and what are your weaknesses as a sales person. what was your worst experience as a sales person and how did you handle it

Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to Telus for the MDP position in September of 2017. The interview process consisted of two rounds: initial interview and final round at Telus. The initial interview was broken up into two component: behavioural and case. The case interview was fairly straight forward and it was easy to have a conversation with the interviewer. I was given fifteen minutes to answer the questions from the case and then walk the interviewer through. In the behavioural component, it was standard interview questions but I felt as though the interviewer was not necessarily interested in what I had to say. Before the final round there was a dinner in Toronto where you could network with directors, vps, and fellow MDP applicants. The final round lasted from about 8:30-3pm. It consisted of a behavioural interview, a case interview, and a group case interview. The behavioural and case interview was similar to the first round. In the group interview you were given 50 minutes to come up with a case solution with other applicants. There was a moderator in the room taking notes. We then presented our recommendation to a few individuals from Telus. Overall, I could tell from the interview process that Telus had a great culture and focused a lot on this marketing program.

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Long winded and very choppy - I was bounced around to a few different people and two of the four people i was in contact with stopped working there during my interview process (might have been let go/quit?). I was called in for an interview but wasn't given a date or time and then I got radio silence from them - due to the fact that my contacts suddenly stopped working there.

Anyway, it just seems like their team is poorly organized and there's very little communication going on across teams and within the HR team as well.

I seem to have just "fallen off", even after being bounced around various people and frequently checking in. They just stopped responding to my messages.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with a precarious work situation? (Contract position)   1 Answer

Site Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for first step. Pleasant, efficient and thorough. Standard questions, skills review, interest in the role, knowledge or organization. Had follow up with recruiting Director, again thorough, cordial, professional. Company cares about the employee / "recruitee" experience., aligned with the brand.

Interview Questions

• If I cold change anything in the various functions I held, what would it be? Why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter with Telus Digital. Phone interview. The questions were presented rather rapid fire and awkwardly, feeling a bit like a competition. Not sure why they decided to take that tact, as it was a bit silly. Seemed to get stuck on some of the industry background, which showed some conceptual inflexibility around experience analysis and competency evaluation. Otherwise was an interesting chat, although some questions seemed to poke at competencies (I have) that would not be directly related to the role. Feedback took several weeks, which didn't evidence a coherent supply chain for the recruitment and onboarding process. The screening questions seem to be pursuing a specific demographic, which is not uncommon for startup cultures.