TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had applied for a specific role, like most people do and was contacted by the HR recruiter and informed that I am up for a total of 5 roles and would be meeting with a panel of directors for all of the roles.
    Like all Telus interviews, I was provided a case to complete which was unrelated to the role I applied to, but did what I could with it.
    I was never given the job descriptions of the other roles I was put up for so went in blindly for those positions.
    I was also interviewed with only 2 hiring managers, and neither of them were for the role I actually applied to.
    This was a clear bait and switch and if this is how Telus conducts its hiring process now, then I worry about how they conduct their business.
    Telus is now off my list of prospective employers, especially since their pay is low compared to the other carriers anyway.

Director, Product Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Long process, disorganized. Had to meet with several people who were not related to the role but seemed to want to insert themselves into the process. The environment did not seem to be very inviting and everyone seemed to be going through the motions but didn't have their heart in the organizations.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. One was over phone and two with Hiring Manager and team. The interview wasn't that bad. It was focused on your experience and then industry experience specific to the project that they were hiring for.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

- Applied online, got an interview two weeks later.
    - All behavioural questions; seemed scripted.
    - Communication between HR and project manager pretty poor, post-interview took a while.
    - Thought there would be some technical questions since I applied for the tech department but didn't get any
    - Took a long time to schedule the interview time
    - Interviewer was very nice and kind; made the interview kind of light

Client Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a reply a few days later for a online assessment, took 90 minutes. A few days later I had a 20 minute phone interview with a HR Recruiter. She invited me to a in person interview the following day. The in person interview took about 90 minutes. Before the interview the HR Recruiter told me to Google ''Telus interview pdf". Interviewer was very friendly and relaxed. Most relaxed interview I ever have been in.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work at Telus?
      2. Describe a time when your manager was critical of your work?
      3. Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online got a phone call from a recruitment agency and had a one on one interview in two days atTelus. The interview was easy but the job turned out to be partly door to door sales (what wasnt stated in their advertisement and they didnt tell me on the phone either), and said I am not interested.

Interview Questions

• My work history and personal information didnt finish the interview because it turned out to be door to door sales   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in November 2016.

Interview

First I had an interview with a recruitment who told me more about the company and then I had a test. The second interview was a meeting with two reps from the team whom's behaviour wasn't that friendly... even negative.

Interview Questions

• The expected questions about experience and to describe some specific situations.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative (Google) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

First process was a group interview or the profiling stage to find what account you'll be assigned.
    (Your communication skills will be assessed on this stage)

Second process was a typing test requiring you to get above 35 wpm net speed.
    (2 minutes)

Third process was an exam related to Google and basic networking concepts.
    (A study guide will be given)

Fourth process was the Operations Manager interview that would be done through a video call.
    (Know your answers on the previous exam)

Fifth process was the Final Assessment or the verbal offer with the list if requirements ( References, SSS, NBI, COE, Medical, 1x1 Pic, Valid ID)

Lastly is the Job Offer.

++--

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Introduce yourself that is not on your resume.
      3. What do you know about Telus?
      4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      5. Long-term goals.
      6. What is DNS?
      7. What is IMAP and POP3?   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, HR call, personality test, phone interview with hiring manager, in person case study interview with hiring manager, interview with Director, interview with VP, reference checks and then offer

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of babies born in Canada each year.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Applied online on Telus website. Got an email invitation after 2-3 weeks for screening. After a week a panel interview was scheduled which lasted for around 50 minutes. In panel interview behavioral and technical questions were asked.