TELUS Mobility Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

TELUS Mobility Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Nov 28, 2016

2.9

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an in person face to face get to know you interview that went well, friendly and casual process.
    Was given a case interview, which is the norm for Telus as I've heard from so many friends that have interviewed with them. Had a couple of days to work on the case, but there was little to no information given, only one number and had to produce a whole financial analysis out of nothing.

Had to gather most information online, but had to make many, many assumptions. Telus uses these cases to dig for information from competitors as the cases are real world examples, something they are working on, but of course they don't give you their actual numbers. They use the person's case interview to gather thoughts and ideas on how the competition handles the same task at hand. They brought me in for a panel presentation, which I felt went quite well and I was quite comfortable presenting. One of the managers even commented at how well my presentation went. The problem with Telus is they hire internally mostly for marketing based roles, so it's generally not worthwhile to apply externally for these types of roles. I, like many friends and colleagues, are less likely to apply to roles at Telus because of this trend of case study interviews where it's mostly about info gathering rather than an actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Should Telus launch service X, even though they are last to market with this product?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Oakville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Basic conversational interview to get a feel for the person to see if they can do well in a retail sales position. Mostly background questions about past work experience, past experiences with clients and some "tell me a little about yourself' stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer, what did you do to resolve the situation?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later for a phone interview then moved forward to come in for a face to face interview scheduled four days after the phone interview. I thought the interview went really well. They proceeded to take copies of my I.D's for a background check, it has now been three weeks and I have not heard from them.

I am curious though, Will they let me know that the position has already "been filled"?

Interview Questions

• Generic Customer Service questions and BAR (behavioral questions) Easy stuff you can wing.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

This was a fairly involved interview process for this level of position. There was an online application, followed up with an email to schedule a phone screener, the phone screener itself (about 20 minutes long, lots of hypothetical situation questions). That was followed by an online skill test (multitasking and typing, mostly), a background check and finally an in-person interview with one of the customer service supervisors. The recruiter was extremely pleasant and helpful throughout this process, emailing me a guide to the in-person interview complete with suggested dress code and campus map. The supervisor I met in person was similarly pleasant to meet with. Questions were mostly hypotheticals again, interspersed with stuff related to my previous work experience. I got the offer letter about four days after the interview, and started training within the next three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a challenging situation you faced in a previous job? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility in April 2014.

Interview

I had three rounds of interview
    Round 1 : Manager phone interview. The hiring manager called me and discussed my profile and experience for half hour. He asked basic questions to get to know my experience and skills.

Round 2: I was called for a behavioral round for 1.5 hours at the Telus building. There were two manager who asked me different behavioral questions for over 1 hour. These questions are pretty standard and you can find them on the web to prepare yourself for it. What they are looking at is to understand you experience in handling the situations/scenarios they put across. No hypothetical cases please!

Round 3 : I was later called for an in person technical round. I was given a computer and a case study and was asked to analyze the data (all the tools were available.. I was asked in advance on what tools I was comfortable with). After the analysis I had to present my study to a group of managers.

I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Round 3, I never expected them to actually test my skills on the job!.But I liked the approach   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Telus salaries are mostly lower than industry standards. But then you are working for a brand!

RF Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very long hiring process of around 2 months from acceptance of offer to finalization. Interview consisted of only one meeting with the manager and a second meeting to get a background check done. Interview consisted of first being asked the famous "Tell me about yourself?" question then went on to ask technical questions related to RF propagation. Then finally asked to write on half a sheet an short "essay" about why they should hire me and the other half a diagram on how Cell phone connects to landline.

Interview Questions

• short "essay" about why they should hire me and the other half a diagram on how Cell phone connects to landline.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility in October 2013.

Interview

Had the first round phone interview with HR.
    Mostly screening of resume and cover letter.
    This was followed by lots of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still waiting to hear back from HR

Marketing Development Progrm Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility.

Interview

I applied online through their website and they contacted me for a first round at their office downtown Toronto. There was a behavioural and a case aspect(conducted by 2 different people). The behavioural part(45 mins) was about fit/culture/experiences and limited industry knowledge. and the case interview(also 45 mins) was a simple marketing case in their industry. The interviewers were very professional.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Had one face to face interview with the hiring manager. Mainly behavioral questions and about how you would react in certain situations. Followed by an online test with more behavioral questions. Very simple. Basically seeing if you are a good fit for the sales position. Got a call about a week later asking to perform a background check. Received a call for an offer which I accepted. Started working a week after,

Interview Questions

• Was handed a pen by manager. Asked, "Sell me this pen".   Answer Question

Client Loyalty & Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Was sent an email to do an online test. After completing that, there was another test that is mostly how would you handle situations and just background experience. Then there was the phone interview. Asked standard questions about my work experience and how I would handle certain situations. Then I went for the face interview. Asked behavioural questions and also why I wanted to work at Telus. After that interview I was sent an email to submit my information for a thorough background check (employment history and references as well as a criminal check). I received an email about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sell something and what was your strategy to make it a successful sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.