TELUS Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, waited a week, and then went in person to say hi and make an impression. An hour later, they called me back asking for an interview. Turns out he was going to call me and a few others, but he had forgotten up until he saw me walking in the store. Take note on that. :)

The next day I called back for the interview, and he asked me a couple questions like "Why do you want to work with Telus, what motivates you, have you ever had any kind of sales quota experience, what's your availability like?" and then set up a 2nd interview for the same day.

I walked in later that day and he sat me down to ask basic job interview questions, asking about the situation you were in and how did you react/feel about it. After that he took me back into the store for a quick tour, and then started setting me up for a background check. At that point he told me I was "in", and all that needed to be done was the official paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when a situation escalated, how was it solved, and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Telus has pretty fair and amazing benefits, so no negotiations.

Client Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted application online through TELUS career website. Answered multiple choice questions that generally indicated whether you wanted a call centre job or a management role. Called to attend another round of computer intelligence/reasoning tests. Received an email for an interview. Completed the interview and had my 3 references contacted.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a customer and a client.   1 Answer

Design Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

They invited me for the interview in Toronto. The interview was for 1 hour. Firstly they asked me about past experience and what kind of project did you work on.

Interview Questions

• Compare two tables, table format is CSV ?
      What first thing you will check?
      How you will compare?
      Different techniques ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langford, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Langford, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on a jobsite with an online application and heard back by email within a couple of days, they wanted me to come into the store to have an interview. After about a 20-30 minute interview they said I would know in the next day about the position. They called the next day saying they hired two new people who had more experience than I. This seemed strange to me because in order for someone to gain experience they need to work and if you were going to hire two people why not give someone with less experience the opportunity to grow. The manager also remarked she really liked me and my answers to the questions so she was keeping my resume for the next posting however don't hold your breath if they hire on experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of you giving exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you assist someone who has no idea what they are looking for when they enter the store?   Answer Question
    • If you had to choose between a fixed wage and a commission based which would you choose?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a call a week or so later, was asked to come in store for an interview. The interview took place at the mall with the Managers of the main location and the booth, pretty simple questions.. never heard back from them.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an in person face to face get to know you interview that went well, friendly and casual process.
    Was given a case interview, which is the norm for Telus as I've heard from so many friends that have interviewed with them. Had a couple of days to work on the case, but there was little to no information given, only one number and had to produce a whole financial analysis out of nothing.

Had to gather most information online, but had to make many, many assumptions. Telus uses these cases to dig for information from competitors as the cases are real world examples, something they are working on, but of course they don't give you their actual numbers. They use the person's case interview to gather thoughts and ideas on how the competition handles the same task at hand. They brought me in for a panel presentation, which I felt went quite well and I was quite comfortable presenting. One of the managers even commented at how well my presentation went. The problem with Telus is they hire internally mostly for marketing based roles, so it's generally not worthwhile to apply externally for these types of roles. I, like many friends and colleagues, are less likely to apply to roles at Telus because of this trend of case study interviews where it's mostly about info gathering rather than an actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Should Telus launch service X, even though they are last to market with this product?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Oakville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Basic conversational interview to get a feel for the person to see if they can do well in a retail sales position. Mostly background questions about past work experience, past experiences with clients and some "tell me a little about yourself' stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer, what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Client Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Multi-step process included an initial over-the-phone interview followed by a values-driven and extensive online test. After which I was interviewed by both the team and operations managers. Overall tone was friendly but also included a scenario-based section that really got into details, processes, and best practices. By combining the initial screening phone interview, online and scenario questions, TELUS shows how committed they are to getting people who fit the corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• How did you exemplify outstanding customer service in your previous job?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later for a phone interview then moved forward to come in for a face to face interview scheduled four days after the phone interview. I thought the interview went really well. They proceeded to take copies of my I.D's for a background check, it has now been three weeks and I have not heard from them.

I am curious though, Will they let me know that the position has already "been filled"?

Interview Questions

• Generic Customer Service questions and BAR (behavioral questions) Easy stuff you can wing.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS Mobility (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

This was a fairly involved interview process for this level of position. There was an online application, followed up with an email to schedule a phone screener, the phone screener itself (about 20 minutes long, lots of hypothetical situation questions). That was followed by an online skill test (multitasking and typing, mostly), a background check and finally an in-person interview with one of the customer service supervisors. The recruiter was extremely pleasant and helpful throughout this process, emailing me a guide to the in-person interview complete with suggested dress code and campus map. The supervisor I met in person was similarly pleasant to meet with. Questions were mostly hypotheticals again, interspersed with stuff related to my previous work experience. I got the offer letter about four days after the interview, and started training within the next three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a challenging situation you faced in a previous job? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question