TELUS Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at TELUS

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process with general questions, plus online customer service quiz on PC with upselling and ability to multitask. Interview process was conducted by Cornerstone Staffing.

Interview Questions

• No abnormal questions asked throughout interview process.   1 Answer
  • Computer assessment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation involved, very unorganized method of benefits and payment info. Information of wage was an approximate never given an exact wage. While training went on, wage information was questioned several times and always given a poor response by HR and supervisor.

Other Interview Reviews for TELUS

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, waited a week, and then went in person to say hi and make an impression. An hour later, they called me back asking for an interview. Turns out he was going to call me and a few others, but he had forgotten up until he saw me walking in the store. Take note on that. :)

The next day I called back for the interview, and he asked me a couple questions like "Why do you want to work with Telus, what motivates you, have you ever had any kind of sales quota experience, what's your availability like?" and then set up a 2nd interview for the same day.

I walked in later that day and he sat me down to ask basic job interview questions, asking about the situation you were in and how did you react/feel about it. After that he took me back into the store for a quick tour, and then started setting me up for a background check. At that point he told me I was "in", and all that needed to be done was the official paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when a situation escalated, how was it solved, and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Telus has pretty fair and amazing benefits, so no negotiations.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was really easy. Basic questions. I was called in for an interview where some 30-40 people were in the building for the same position (This was the third wave of applicants). Had an information session and then a Q&A, afterwards they asked whether we still wanted to go do the job even when door to door was involved. Obviously I was still interested so I did the interview with a nice lady and she asked really easy questions that are so easy and common you can prepare for it through google searching "Most popular interview questions". Everyone was nice.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS in January 2011.

Interview

Telus has quite a prolonged interview process. The first interview was with the store manager and then second the store manager and the district manager. After passing both interviews there is then the security check, as well as process on getting proper codes, uniforms, and e-training.

Interview Questions

• How could your hobbies and interest benefit being a Sales Representative?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Had one face to face interview with the hiring manager. Mainly behavioral questions and about how you would react in certain situations. Followed by an online test with more behavioral questions. Very simple. Basically seeing if you are a good fit for the sales position. Got a call about a week later asking to perform a background check. Received a call for an offer which I accepted. Started working a week after,

Interview Questions

• Was handed a pen by manager. Asked, "Sell me this pen".   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

phone interview/ faceto face interview/ back check/ reference check

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Very long hiring process, "sell me this case"

Interview Questions

• Time you wen above and beyond at your previous work place   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS in January 2015.

Interview

It started out with a online application, about a week after the application I received a call from the recruitment staff of Telus. She conducted the phone interview which took about 20 minutes. It was a fairly straight forward interview with simple questions like "Why Telus?" or "How would you deal with a frustrated customer?" After all was said and done she setup an in person interview with the store manager which would happen in 2 days. The in person interview was very casual in nature and essential we just went over situational questions that were based on their BAR system (Background, Action and Result). The manager then went over company policy and some of the perks of the job (Unreal phone plan, Unlimited nationwide calling +6gb data for ~$15). After that she got copies of my id's and said that I may hear back from her about a background check which meant I was in the top 2 for the job. Got an email the next day to complete a background check. After that was complete it took about 5 days and then the manager called to offer a job. All around great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• They were all very straight forward situational questions   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview asking simple questions about your customer service skills and values, followed by an in person interview, followed by a background check and reference check done by backcheck. The whole process took about a week, and I was offered a position. The 1 on 1 interview was more like a conversation to see if I would fit into the culture of Telus

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you told a customer wrong information? What would people say about their customer experience when you serve them?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later for a phone interview then moved forward to come in for a face to face interview scheduled four days after the phone interview. I thought the interview went really well. They proceeded to take copies of my I.D's for a background check, it has now been three weeks and I have not heard from them.

I am curious though, Will they let me know that the position has already "been filled"?

Interview Questions

• Generic Customer Service questions and BAR (behavioral questions) Easy stuff you can wing.   Answer Question