TELUS Sales Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Sales Trainer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS in June 2011.

Interview

I was approach by the hiring manager/team to apply for the role, as I had all the qualification to do the job. With my experience and skill set, I was told by the hiring manager, this is my job to loose.
I interviewed with hiring manager 1:1. He asked me a lot of questions and even admitted that he wish he could hire me on the spot.
I was asked to prepare a 30-60-90 plan and email.
Once I completed the 30-60-90 plan, I was asked to present in front of the director and VP team
At the end of my presentation, I was approached by 2 of the directors and advised how great I had done
The hiring manager advised me they would be making a decision within a week.
I followed up and was advised it was pushed to another week
Waited 2 weeks and followed up, to be told that it was between myself and someone external candidate.
When I finally met with hiring manager, I was told how wonderful I was...but they decided to go with the external candidate. He was apologetic for misleading me and making me believe the job was mine

I felt very demotivated and crushed. This was a situation where I was asked to apply. I was not looking to change roles, however was encouraged to look into this role. I put a lot of effort in my interview, 30-60-90 plan and presentation.

Interview Questions