TELUS Senior Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Senior Sales Specialist Interview Questions

4.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (New Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied for position on company website. The site is easy to use.

Hiring Manager asked very detailed and thorough questions about background to determine if there was a match. It is apparent that TELUS promotes very competent people from within.

The interview was conducted by different hiring managers on different dates.

Hiring Managers are very cordial and polite and are very competent. The managers represent a company that cares about its image in the market. The company has a keen desire to grow and its recent investments support this desire.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TELUS

Senior Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2008.

Interview

TELUS Business Solutions prides itself in it's comprehensive candidate selection process. I first was introduced to this opening through a recruiter. First had a 1/2 hr meeting with my hiring manager followed by a telephone follow up. Was next invited to an interview with a director.
    Having passed these steps I was asked to prepare a sales presentation to complete for a panel of my future directors and managers... Following this presentation (same day) I was provided with a sales meeting scenario which I was given 1/2 hour to review in advance of taking part in a simulated sales meeting (again in front of a panel). The simulated meeting was designed to test not only my selling abilities but ability to deal with pressure and ethics. This was followed up with a debrief. All told this series of presentations, situational interviews and panels took place over an intense 6 hour period. Intense, exciting and exhausing.
    I was offered the job the next week.

Interview Questions

• A prospective client requests a round of golf at Palm Springs Golf for he and his wife. How would you handle this request?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The compensation package was very reasonable and there was room for negotiations. For long cycle sales positions you may wish to negotiate some initial KPIs of commission draws.