TELUS Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

3.2

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

talk about your experience and lot of behavioral type questions. Took a long time for them to get back to me ... they told me it was held up because of HR. The person in charge was on vacation. Very basic interview questions (leadership, prioritization, organization, etc)

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later from HR where I was asked a few questions to get to know my work background a little better. She then schedules an interview with the store manager for a few days after. The interview took about an hour, and a lot of it was the manager telling me exactly what the job entails. Because I had previous wireless sales experience he also asked a lot of questions about that. He calls me about two days later and says he already filled the position but forwarded my resume to a store closer to me who was hiring as well. I went in for another interview with that manager, where the interview also took about an hour. Same type of questions that I had with the previous interview. That manager calls me about two days later and offers me the job.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very good 1st interview phone screen....HR handled this very well....however the potential second interview was not handled very well...they expected candidates to do a business case as part of the 2nd interview...this is known as free consulting and stealing your IP....because of this ask...I withdrew from the process....this seems to be the standard protocol with the big 3 telecoms....so beware if you decide to interview with any of these companies.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

One personal interview with hiring manager, interview with hr over the phone. Then the 3 part formal interview assessment. A reference and background check will follow if your application is successful.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had applied for a specific role, like most people do and was contacted by the HR recruiter and informed that I am up for a total of 5 roles and would be meeting with a panel of directors for all of the roles.
    Like all Telus interviews, I was provided a case to complete which was unrelated to the role I applied to, but did what I could with it.
    I was never given the job descriptions of the other roles I was put up for so went in blindly for those positions.
    I was also interviewed with only 2 hiring managers, and neither of them were for the role I actually applied to.
    This was a clear bait and switch and if this is how Telus conducts its hiring process now, then I worry about how they conduct their business.
    Telus is now off my list of prospective employers, especially since their pay is low compared to the other carriers anyway.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, HR call, personality test, phone interview with hiring manager, in person case study interview with hiring manager, interview with Director, interview with VP, reference checks and then offer

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of babies born in Canada each year.   Answer Question

Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a case and behaviour interview--45 min each.
    My case interview was a marketing case study. Interviewer was very supportive.
    My behavioural interviewer was incredibly rude and unprofessional. She treated the behavioural interview like a stress interview and tried to play the 'bad cop.' She swore on multiple occasions and belittled most of my responses. I've never experienced an interviewer like this before.

Despite positive culture reflected in everyone else I met at the company, this interviewer made the process extremely disappointing for me.

Regional Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

pplication
    I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC).

Interview
    Process was a bit long (4 weeks ). Job fair interview and then F2F interview with store manager.
    At the second interview the interviewer made negative commentaries about the first person with whom I had the first interview.

Interview Questions

• the interviewer was 15 min late. I was informed that the job is actually door to door sales which was very misleading. the hours of work were not typical (1-9 pm) and that was not indicated on the posting which i felt was also misleading.   1 Answer

Negotiation

confortable

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by formal in person interview which contained a surprise case timed study with a presentation. After the interview there was a casual conversation outside the building followed by email communications leading up to the offer and background checks.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high pressure situations   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

3 rounds
    phone, 2 in-person - 3 people in each in-person was for 1 hour each
    too many questions , scenario based and lot of cross questioning
    Interview process took 2 months, hiring process was lengthy too much paperwork