TELUS Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

Updated Apr 7, 2017

IT Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward and not very technical. I was told that I would be responsible for their mobile app and possibly port them from iOS to Android. The questions they gave me were mostly behavioural questions and about the projects that I did on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficulty or a problem in a group setting?   Answer Question

Director, Product Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Long process, disorganized. Had to meet with several people who were not related to the role but seemed to want to insert themselves into the process. The environment did not seem to be very inviting and everyone seemed to be going through the motions but didn't have their heart in the organizations.

Co-op Strategy Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

One hour, over-the-phone interview. Spoke with two interviewers from two different technical teams. They asked about 70% behavioural and situational questions and 30% technical questions. For example, how would your past employers describe you? Give an example of a risk you took that you regret? Polite & professional interview, overall a good experience.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with two employees from their graduate recruitment program. One person asked about past experience and the other person asked about technical questions based on your experience and interests. The whole process was clear and smooth, lasted 50 min including 5 min question time in the end.

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a Phone interview, about 25 minutes..
    With two people, from different departments
    They asked some technical questions about a specific skill and my experience with that
    They asked where do I live and when move to vancouver
    It was straight forward

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

First was an online resume screen followed by computerized testing, followed by an in person interview and a background screen. The whole thing didn't take more than two weeks. The interview was fair and asked questions around customer service, how would I handle the situations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us some of the things you didn't like or agree with at your last job.
      Tell us about what you would do if you had a difficult situation with a co-worker.
      Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university co-op program for their fall internship. I was contacted by phone on a weekday and they asked to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was a conference call where they have you call a number and enter a passcode that they will provide you with. My interview had two different people interviewing me, both were very nice and easy to talk to.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Was offered a 1-hour phone interview 1 week after applying. Interview was with 2 engineers who are part of the TELUS leadership program and are recent university graduates. Only behavioral questions and questions related to telecommunications were asked. Was told this was the only part of the interview process for co-op students and heard back from them about 2 weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why might it be more beneficial to have a hardware-based firewall over a software-based one?   Answer Question
    • What is IPv6 and IPv4?   Answer Question

D2C Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief presentation to group of interviewees. Over crowded room at the beginning due to some interviews being behind schedule. Afterwards short interview with a manager on various things to do with customers and what my strengths were. Many of the people I was grouped with in that room became my coworkers. Presentation showed us what our job would be and how we would be operating. Included some incentives like our commission amount and some numbers that made the job very appealing.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who wasn't convinced they needed your product?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied on-line and got a phone call within 2 days. Was asked to go to the main office for some tests the day after I was called. Took the tests and then was called again within 2 days for a person to person interview. Received a call about a week later with the job offer.