TFA TFA: Corps Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TFA TFA: Corps Member Interview Questions

TFA Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TFA (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a three step process -- online app (anecdotal), phone interview (some get passed through this step which happened to me), and a final super-day interview at a regional/national office. Overall, the process is very holistic and manageable. The super-day was very relaxed and was not cutthroat in the slightest.

Interview Questions

• Any questions pertaining to how you would respond in a classroom setting in a specific scenario--with no teaching experience I found this quite difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TFA

TFA: Corps Member Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TFA in November 2010.

Interview

I went through the entire recruitment process, from meeting with a corps member to the written application to the various stages that followed. The first round is the application, then you may or may not get a phone interview, which consists of behavioral questions. Then if you make it past that, you're invited to the day-long interview where you present a lesson plan to your fellow students, debate an issue (almost like a group case interview), and then you go on for 1:1 interviews. The 1:1s are weird because they actually cite things from your application. And at least in my interview, they focused on something I had done ages ago and not really asked about anything that I have done in more recent years. They also quote from your essay and ask you to comment on specific quotes. Overall, it was a lot of work, but I guess that gauges your interest in the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a teacher?   1 Answer