TFA Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TFA Teacher Interview Questions

4.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TFA in March 2015.

Interview

the process was long, but very clear. I was never confused along the way because the assigned a contact person who checked up on me. There was an online application, phone interview that I was able to bypass, and then a group portion of the in-person interview and an individual interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TFA

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA.

Interview

there are three rounds:
    phone interview- very difficult questions
    application - straight forward why do you want to be in tfa?
    lesson plan-very time consuming and there was a time limit of five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you lead a project and it didn't go your way .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TFA (Durham, NC).

Interview

Very long and detailed process. General application followed by phone interview and final interview day.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TFA in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and final interview. Applied at top university. Apply early, because I felt I was a strong applicant (definitely stronger and more prepared than other people I know who were accepted). There is a TFA interview book out there that is helpful. You have to be committed to the cause.

Interview Questions

• I had a scenario (expected) where I was expected to argue with a principal for field trip funding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TFA (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

The TFA interview process is extremely rigorous. I think that one must keep in mind that many really qualified (and, over-qualified) people are also applying for the same position you are. What that means is that, you may think you are the best candidate from your university or from the actual day-interview, but there are MANY other candidates you are unaware of interviewing all across the country. Be as prepared as possible and hope that you "above" the competition, so to speak. (I'm also implying that since it is so competitive, do not get discouraged if you are not chosen. It may simply be a result of not enough positions.)