THINK Together Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

There is an initial Pre-Employment Test (PET) and interview. There are two employees who conduct interviews and it is a fairly quick and efficient process. Interviewers are professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• One question I was asked was how I would handle an angry parent who was disrespectful towards me or staff.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at THINK Together (Moreno Valley, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very detailed interview. Questions about experience with kids and then you must facilitate an enrichment. They do allow time to prepare for it. Its a very different kind of interview but doable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with think together?   1 Answer

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at THINK Together (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview with HR Manager and Regional Directory. After you pass the interview you must write a written sample of a letter you would write to get different organizations to want to join our volunteer team.

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together in July 2012.

Interview

Had two friends who'd already been with the company that referred me to apply. Submitted application online. Was then scheduled to take a test in their offices; included testing of basic math and English comprehension, as well as some "what if" job situational questions. Actual interview took a while to actually schedule; they kept changing the day. The actual interview was held by a panel of about 4 Site Coordinators who took turns asking questions about both previous experience and more "what if" job situational questions. About 20 mins later, I was told that I'd been hired, though they didn't tell me by which school. Background check was initiated and I was then scheduled to a two-day, paid, training. Which was also a scheduling mess, as they started almost an hour later after they'd said it would start. While at training, I got a call telling me which school I'd been hired to work at. I was to begin the following week, which definitely felt rushed.

Oddly, they do not drug test.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to prepare and present a lesson to the panel. That was difficult only because the reactions I was getting back seemed neither engaged nor interested in what I was presenting, which made it feel weird to continue as in real life, one would do something to make sure students were understanding the lesson.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. Being not for profit makes them very locked to compensation, though I have learned that every year you return to work, you get a raise (my raise was of 25 cents).

Program Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together (Colton, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The staff at the San Bernardino Hub office are all incredibly friendly and make you feel welcomed at the office. I first got a phone interview in which I was asked about my schedule, past experience, and college education. I was then told that I would receive an email with the information to my pre-employment test. I took the basic math and English test at the office and I was told right away that I passed.

I got set up with an interview and was told I would have to prepare a lesson plan that I would present to a panel of interviewers. The lesson plan could be about anything at the elementary or middle school level. They said the important part was the delivery. I chose to do mine on the life cycle of the butterfly. At the interview I was met by a panel of two interviewers and they told me to deliver the lesson plan as if they were students and I was the Program Leader. I delivered the lesson and they acted like students, asking questions children would ask.

About a week later I got a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was 'What is the difference between class management and class discipline?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an interview within 2 days of applying for the position. It all happened so quickly, one day I was applying and a few days later I was hired on the spot. It was pretty interesting the way that happened, from what I've heard this is common with Think Together. e

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Applied online. Called in to take written test. Must pass and then you will be interviewed. Interviewed with two individuals who were very nice and told me they would be in contact with me in the next week. Was called back a few days later and offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at THINK Together (Orange, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two part interview. I was put through a pre-employment test which included the basic understanding of school subject. After that I was scheduled for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

You do your interview along with a presentation to show them you can teach to others. Then you do your background check and wait til that clears to go to the next step.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at THINK Together (Santa Ana, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had to deliver a lesson plan that the coordinator didn't even care about. I was just asked what hours I had available, it seemed like they only cared that I fit the hours that they were looking for

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work?
      What experience do you have with kids?
      Do you go to school, if so what do you got to school for:   Answer Question