THINK Together Program Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

THINK Together Program Leader Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.5

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

step 1: present a 3 min lesson plan
step 2: answer about 5 scenario questions
Selected for Substitute or Full-Time PL then 2 day training
pretty easy interview--you can take props for when presenting lesson plan
good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve an issue between two students   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for THINK Together

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at THINK Together (Orange, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two part interview. I was put through a pre-employment test which included the basic understanding of school subject. After that I was scheduled for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

You do your interview along with a presentation to show them you can teach to others. Then you do your background check and wait til that clears to go to the next step.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at THINK Together (West Covina, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was during their fall job fair.
    1. Sign in, watch a video, they take your resume to place into a folder
    2. Go to another room to take a test (involves math and English, 39 MC)
    3. If you pass the exam (probably 80% but I'm not entirely sure since I scored 87%) they ask your location preferences
    4. Individual interview with two people, one person asked all the questions (second one was there in case they had questions they wanted to asked). They had a sheet of questions they could ask me, probably only asked 5-7 questions. The interview probably lasted only 15-20 minutes (seriously thought I didn't get the job since it was so short).
    5. Wait a while and then they bring you to another room to tell you whether you got the job or not. If you accept the job, you'll need to give them your TB test results and do a fingerprint scan.
    6. Go to another room and wait again, then they call you in to get your fingers scanned and you are done.
    7. Go to orientation and training :)

They were really friendly and easy to talk to. My interviewers were probably late 20's or early 30's. It was my first job interview so I was pretty nervous but I think they hired almost everyone that came so they weren't so hardcore with their interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with kids/teaching?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle yourself in a stressful situation, if you are on the phone while a kid is walking in the door and you need to check him in and there is a kid pulling on your shirt?   1 Answer
    • How well do you take feedback or criticism?   1 Answer
    • Some Fridays have no lesson plans so you can do anything you like. What would you do on days like that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at THINK Together (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process is no different than any other company. I applied online, I have experience in the field, and was contacted. I was told I was I was offered a preliminary interview. I went, typical interview process. Offered a position a couple days later. Waited for backround and drug test to pass. In the clear. Rewarding work

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical situations and then asked how I would go about handling them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at THINK Together (West Covina, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was hired during an open job fair at their West Covina location. They took in your resume, waited 5 minutes. Then came the initial interview and talked about your resume, and went back to the main lobby. After another 5 minute wait, they took us to the computers to officially apply as Program Leaders. Afterward, they gave you a test of basic math and reading comprehension and spellchecking skills. Afterward, they had you wait again and then took you to another interview of 2 Supervisors. It consisted of 5 questions or less. After successfully answering, they offered me a job as a Program Leader. The entire time length was 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you think it means when I say "A child needs to be safe"?   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person test, and a presentation in front of two people. It was a relatively easy experience but it was so because they were in dire need of people.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a lesson to a younger child?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together (Ontario, CA).

Interview

it was very easy, there is a panel and the ask you about your experience with kids and you have to present a lesson plan. They inform you of that ahead of time, so you have time to prepare

Interview Questions

• How would you present a certain subject to students that have difficulty understanding ?   1 Answer

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email immediately to schedule an interview. Went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. The interview was with 3 different Site Coordinators. They asked mostly situational questions. You also have to present a lesson plan, which I didn't prepare for and I improvised on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself?
      How would you handle two children fighting?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at THINK Together (Moreno Valley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

They do a brief over the phone interview. Then have you take a test (math, English, competency & write an essay). Its really easy. Once passed, they call you for a second interview & give them a brief lesson to whoever you're interviewing with as if teaching to your assigned age group. You get an answer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   1 Answer