THINK Together Program Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

Not every helpful they leave out details about pay, at least for me they did. For me it was two employers who interviewed me. One took notes most of the time and the other gave me questions to answer .

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you came across a misbehaving child (basically)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for THINK Together

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They leave out how much you will get paid. One of my interviews was not that great she seemed rude. They could have been more honest and they where not. They left out much information about this job.

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

step 1: present a 3 min lesson plan
    step 2: answer about 5 scenario questions
    Selected for Substitute or Full-Time PL then 2 day training
    pretty easy interview--you can take props for when presenting lesson plan
    good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve an issue between two students   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at THINK Together (Orange, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two part interview. I was put through a pre-employment test which included the basic understanding of school subject. After that I was scheduled for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at THINK Together (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an interview within 2 days of applying for the position. It all happened so quickly, one day I was applying and a few days later I was hired on the spot. It was pretty interesting the way that happened, from what I've heard this is common with Think Together. e

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

You do your interview along with a presentation to show them you can teach to others. Then you do your background check and wait til that clears to go to the next step.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at THINK Together (West Covina, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was during their fall job fair.
    1. Sign in, watch a video, they take your resume to place into a folder
    2. Go to another room to take a test (involves math and English, 39 MC)
    3. If you pass the exam (probably 80% but I'm not entirely sure since I scored 87%) they ask your location preferences
    4. Individual interview with two people, one person asked all the questions (second one was there in case they had questions they wanted to asked). They had a sheet of questions they could ask me, probably only asked 5-7 questions. The interview probably lasted only 15-20 minutes (seriously thought I didn't get the job since it was so short).
    5. Wait a while and then they bring you to another room to tell you whether you got the job or not. If you accept the job, you'll need to give them your TB test results and do a fingerprint scan.
    6. Go to another room and wait again, then they call you in to get your fingers scanned and you are done.
    7. Go to orientation and training :)

They were really friendly and easy to talk to. My interviewers were probably late 20's or early 30's. It was my first job interview so I was pretty nervous but I think they hired almost everyone that came so they weren't so hardcore with their interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with kids/teaching?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle yourself in a stressful situation, if you are on the phone while a kid is walking in the door and you need to check him in and there is a kid pulling on your shirt?   1 Answer
    • How well do you take feedback or criticism?   1 Answer
    • Some Fridays have no lesson plans so you can do anything you like. What would you do on days like that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at THINK Together (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process is no different than any other company. I applied online, I have experience in the field, and was contacted. I was told I was I was offered a preliminary interview. I went, typical interview process. Offered a position a couple days later. Waited for backround and drug test to pass. In the clear. Rewarding work

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical situations and then asked how I would go about handling them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at THINK Together (West Covina, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was hired during an open job fair at their West Covina location. They took in your resume, waited 5 minutes. Then came the initial interview and talked about your resume, and went back to the main lobby. After another 5 minute wait, they took us to the computers to officially apply as Program Leaders. Afterward, they gave you a test of basic math and reading comprehension and spellchecking skills. Afterward, they had you wait again and then took you to another interview of 2 Supervisors. It consisted of 5 questions or less. After successfully answering, they offered me a job as a Program Leader. The entire time length was 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you think it means when I say "A child needs to be safe"?   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person test, and a presentation in front of two people. It was a relatively easy experience but it was so because they were in dire need of people.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a lesson to a younger child?   1 Answer