TIAA Individual Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TIAA Individual Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Has a phone interview then an in person interview. Relaxed atmosphere. Hard to understand one of the interviewers on the phone as they were foreign. In person wanted to make sure I was really interested in the job more than making sure I was right for the job. Encouraged to ask lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 30 days?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TIAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TIAA (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephonic then in person, with a person at the headquarters . Took about 20 minutes relatively informal a lot of behavioral type questions trying to understand me as a person and how I think, then set up in person interview with person in the office I would be working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview detailing job and was asked if I was interesting. Followed up by interview 2:1 asked questions regarding previous experience...was asked to do a role play pretending I was a travel agent trying to sell a trip. Everyone was very friendly and spoke as if the job was already yours...which was a bit strange.

Interview Questions

• Role play as if interviewee is a travel agent and interviewer is the customer...sell the trip.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TIAA (Lewisville, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter and agreed to a phone interview a couple of days later. Later that day receieved a email for a release to do a background check. Three days later receieved another call to do a second face to face interview.
    During the interview I was asked why I wanted to leave my current company and also If I had experience with sales. During the interview they asked behavioral questions (eg. tell me about a time when you have a angry customer on the phone and how the call was handled?)
    After that, I was asked to stay in the room and answer a call from one of the interviewers pretending to be a customer. Lastly, there was a questionaire of about 100 questions about leadership and sales strategies.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

You went through the recruiter first with a 20 minute interview with just general questions.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process with this company was great. More personality questions than your standard run of the mill type interview questions. The recruiter and hiring manage made the process very comfortable and an enjoying experience

Interview Questions

• With your experience and knowledge, you can you bring to the table that will contribute to the growth of this company?   Answer Question

Individual Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA in December 2010.

Interview

current employee. got referred to the position, had a preliminary interview with a recruiter, then a few days later I had a follow-up interview (2:1) with 2 managers for about 45mins total. Included a role-playing mockup telephone call and general questions about customer service, etc. smooth and comfortable process overall. Offer was presented in the following weeks.

Individual Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA in May 2010.

Interview

Great phone interview with HR representitive at headquarters. In person interview was average.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with acheiving a specific level of sales?   1 Answer

Individual Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TIAA in January 2008.

Interview

first there's a phone interview to pre-screen, then a one on one interview - which was very easy, they ask the difference between a Traditional vs. a Roth IRA,

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between a Traditional vs. a Roth IRA?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult customer and how you overcame the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but our hiring class received various salaries based on experience

Individual Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA in January 2008.

Interview

It was much different than the current interview process. I interviewed with one person and was hired a few days later. Now they are doing multiple interviews and role playing.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specifics but the current interviews are all oriented toward sales. The current focus is centered 100% around sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate much at all.