TIAA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TIAA Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Call + Video Conference Call, majority behavioral + a few in-depth questions on prior work experience. Just be a good person and have a decent personality that is enthusiastic about the work and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TIAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Internal Audit interview. Phone screening with 2 employees. They were very friendly, pretty casual conversation. Predominantly personality/behavioral questions, but several questions to test your knowledge/understanding of internal audit (such as definitions). Tell us about yourself, problematic team member, etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an on-site interview at the Boston office, which was surprising since it's usually a phone screen first. The Interview was two-on-one and it felt more like a conversation. There was a 1-2 week wait before I heard back as well. Really great experience, overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver the same message to two different people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The process went fairly quickly. I applied online and received a call from a recruiter. They did an initial interview to determine my qualification. It was followed by an interview with the manager. It was fairly straight forward. Very pleasant experience. There really weren't any hardball questions. Candidates should do their research and know about the company. It is very important.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. What do you know about the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TIAA in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school portal, and we contacted for an interview shortly after. There were 2 rounds of interviews, one with the associates, after which a few people made it to the second round with the Managing Director. Very nice company, with a good sounding work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Iselin, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was encouraged to apply for the position after career fair and applied through my university career services. I was contacted after a week for an interview and was notified of my candidacy after 2-3 weeks. The interview was a two on one interview, one person was on the business side and the other was on the IT side. I declined because I got an offer that was a better fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class and least favorite class? Why?   Answer Question
    • Sell me an application that you have on your phone and convince me not to download another application on your phone.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about TIAA-CREF?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume and got a call for tax intern but saw me better fit for another position. They referred me elsewhere in company and waited a month to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in March 2009.

Interview

Overall, the interview process went extremely well. Make sure your resume looks great to obtain the phone call from HR. I had a phone interview with HR for 30 minutes to go over my experiences and school work, then had two office interviews. Basic questions:

Know what TIAA-CREF stands for and whtat the company does.
    Know that they have three major hubs in Charlotte, NC, NYC, and Denver, CO

Interview Questions

• What does TIAA-CREF stand for?   1 Answer
    • How would you adapt to virtual communication?
      Give me an example when you had to use virtual communication in another experience.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I thought 15/Hr. for an intern position was fair.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Very casual, looking for people who are good with clients