TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

333 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuarial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone call interview (15-20 mins) and then the next level was a meeting with four directors (25-30 mins each). In general they ask questions about your resume and a few standard behavioral situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation of time crunch   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation facing risk   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to persuade a group of an idea that's against their thought   Answer Question
    • If you receive $1 for every second, how long will it take to get one million and then one billion dollars?   1 Answer
    • How would you figure out how many gallons of water are used in a day in a certain building? There was a measurement of 50 gallons for 10 seconds at 12pm.   1 Answer

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Interview

Applied online and promptly received a request for a phone interview. The interview seemed very scripted and the "recruiter" seemed to be well versed in her script and outside of that seemed ill equipped for any meaningful conversation. The position screamed of micromanagement. Sure they "give" you a book but it was clear all they cared about was getting new dollars into TIAA. After working in the industry for a decade I know there are clearly other places with better product offerings to attract new dollars. I had many questions about the existing book and how they are serviced and the recruiter kept coming back to gathering more assets from outside of TIAA. There was very little conversation about my background, accomplishments or what I can bring to TIAA it was all about bringing assets to TIAA. Prior to my call I had researched other posts on Glassdoor and it is clear the book they assign you is in the hundreds of households. For one person to adequately service 400 plus households there is not copious time left for new business prospecting. One thing I did notice is that many people in this role do not last longer than a couple of years. If it was such a great deal I suspect people would not leave. By the end of the call I decided to let the recruiter know that the position was not for me.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about their questions.   1 Answer

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

First, had phone discussion with the hiring recuriter. Then was accepted for the pre-recorded video interview. Then was selected for the background check and in person interview. It was a two person panel style interview where they had to stick to "the script" and took notes on the pre-printed interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a major obstacle with technology or software? Describe.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you said or did something that had a negative outcome.   Answer Question
    • What is one of your proud customer service moments?
      They followed-up by asking if I had any push-back from management while resolving the customer issue.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you solved a problem, and owned it (it was a wordy question, but that was the gist of it).   Answer Question

Senior Lead Infrastructure Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TIAA (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was pre-screened by Human Resources, and then interviewed by two members of the team on which the position was available. I then interviewed with the team manager and Managing Director of the group. Human Resources coordinated the interview without any issues. They described the role, responsibilities and gaps in the team that they were looking to fill. They also communicated where the team and organization was heading and the goals of both. They outlined the Culture, Values, and Goals of the company as a whole. They stressed the requirements of a team-oriented approach that the organization and company are striving toward and how they as a team and organization are working to meet those goals. At all times, they stressed the fundamental requirement of focusing on what is best for the "Participants" (customers) of the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: "How do you think you fit into the organization after hearing where we are currently and where we are going?"   1 Answer

Risk Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviewers.Skype Interview. Nice people, pretty straight forward. Simply questions. Go through your resume and whats your interests. I received a call after roughly one month. HR called me and telling me the result.

IFS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

on campus interview with 2 senior managers. was told there was a next round after the interview and ended up getting the offer 3 weeks or so later. very straightforward, all behavioral, fit based, good people, easy process

Interview Questions

• all behavioral; tell me a time when you received ambiguous instructions? why tiaa? what do you know about tiaa?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

The interview was mostly situational. Many questions about how you would hypothetically respond to certain situations. But, it was very relaxing. I would not hesitate to refer this company to others

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client became irate and demanded a manager?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Great internal recruiter - very friendly and went straight to the point. Targeted how specific job requirements aligned to my background. Described in detail the expectations of the hiring manager and requested details of my job experience that matched those expectations.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied and a few days later received a call from a recruiter for a phone interview. After that, had one more phone interview and then was offered the job.

Corporate Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Resume screening, phone interview, and then in person meeting. The phone interview is not technical at all. all behavioral questions, and if you're coming from a banking background, they will most likely to ask you why you're making the move from the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from investment banking to a corporate job?   Answer Question