TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TIAA Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.9

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

I initially applied for a summer internship at this company at a job fair at my college, then received a call from the admin asking to come in for a interview. The interview process itself was straightforward. The interviewer was polite, articulate, and professional. The questions were of the common stock, albeit modified to reflect my position (college student with no prior work experience rather than someone who has held jobs before) "What was your least favorite class and why," etc.

Then they promised to keep in touch after the interview - that they will let all interviewees know the final decision either in the evening or the following day. When that did not happen, I emailed them after about a week asking for a quick status update, and never received an answer.

It was the first job interview in my life. I had just finished my first year of college, and as my parents do not work in the corporate world, I had little idea of what to expect outside of what I read online. Although I have been told that such an experience is common among job seekers, I found it a very unprofessional and even rude way to behave, especially towards young students. It was not the missed opportunity that bothered me as much as this callous manner in which I was treated. Perhaps it was the same with all the other students who were interviewed. If an employee can be bothered to show up, surely the employer can take a minute out of their day to send a mass email to all interviewees "Sorry, you did not get the job, better luck next time." People deserve to know where they stand - should really go without saying.

Now I have a great internship at a software firm which had turned into a wonderful part-time job, going on to open many opportunities for me - including mentorships with top-level executives at Fortune 500 companies. I am still in college, but my career future is looking bright. I would never even consider a job offer from TIAA-CREF, because this interview opened much insight into how this company operates - specifically, how they treat people. As an organization that claims to be (partially) nonprofit - "for" the people, that is very troubling indeed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick this class as your least favorite class?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard hiring and interview process. My job was posted on an external site. Interviews are conducted by an HR person first. Then the hiring manager and his/her manager.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Met with two hiring managers

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to go beyond the requirements to finish the project   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was ok

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

2-3 phone interviews with Directors and one face to face. Fairly straight forward questions with no surprises. Be prepared to understand the company products and history.

Negotiation

straight foward - seem to put their best foot forward. pays well.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

HR person that contacted me was not very responsive. It took them about a week to get everyone's schedule to set up the interview. Of course, when HR people are themselves contract employees, it is no wonder they do not seem invested in their job.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer stated that I was highly qualified, and what would keep me from getting bored.   Answer Question

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Interview

My resume was passed to someone in their team through an outside contact. They passed it to the hiring manager, who rang me for a half an hour interview by phone. It was a friendly, low-key interview, focussed on exchanging detailed information about my responsibilities in past jobs and the position open in their company. They asked the generic 'tell me about yourself to this point.'

Interview Questions

• Were you /are you paid on an hourly basis?   1 Answer

I'm actually still in the interview process

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Email application, phone interview, in-person interview

Interview Questions

• I didn't think any specific question asked was unexpected or out of the ordinary. However, they did request demonstrations of programming knowledge, excel knowledge, etc.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

On-Campus interview

Interview Questions

• there's a small test. asked you to model the water usage in an office building, giving you some information   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Great atmosphere and team. Very comfortable and interested in my background. Smart people.