TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with internal recruiter, over the phone. He was professional and pleasant, asked me to walk him through my resume. After that asked for a little more information on my skills and experience relative to the position. He promised to follow up with the hiring manager and get back to me on the next step. I've not heard from him since then.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through my resume?
      Highlight your skills and experiences relevant to the position?
      What's your salary expectation?   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Lewisville, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Wasn't long, about 20 to 30 minutes. Went well they asked a lot of general questions. They focused a lot on customer service. I was interviewed by 2 people. Pretty easy interview if you have a great personality and can explain experience with customer service.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were given an assignment and it was due by the end of the day. How did you go about finishing in a timely manner?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Mumbai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

THEY ARE MARKETING THEIR COMPANY BY INTERVIEWING CANDIDATES.

I got a call from the consultancy for an interview here. I read reviews about the interview but I thought it is because of rejection.
    My interview started by 2pm. It was a first technical round they asked me questions about core java
    Then I gave second technical round I was asked questions about my current company projects.
    We were just two candidates came for an interview.
    We gave two technical rounds and told us hr will get back to you.
    I gave lot of interviews, did not get a feel like this one anywhere, despite holding two offers in hand.
    Go to there to waste your precious time.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TIAA (Mumbai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

They are no hiring. They are marketing new office in mumbai.

One of the consultancy called me at mid night to the scheduling face to face interview.

- Paper - written test.
    - F2F - interview on the base of given questions in written test
    - F2F - technology and general mix.

They told me you are selected for the next round. We will schedule your interview with some US guys.

After that, they 3 times rescheduled my interview. But interview was not happened.

IOS Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TIAA in August 2017.

Interview

I got call from consultancy regarding this interview for a postion of iOS developer.

I had one telephonic round which took around 45 mins.
    Questions was quite good to answer but didn't receive response back.

Interview Questions

• 1. Blocks vs Closures, why do apple implemented closures
      2. Notification vs Delegates
      3. NSURLConnection vs NSSession
      4. Autolayout and size classes
      5. Optional chaining
      6. Retain cyles
      7. Swift 2.0 vs Swift 3.0
      8. How does video player work...two types to design it: AVPlayer and MPMoviePlayer
      9. Blocks vs NSthread vs GCD
      14. In app purchase
      15. Favourite project   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. 1 interview with recruiter, one interview with hiring manager, and webex final round since I am not on site. All the team members are helpful but the arrangement of the interviews is a little confusing.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you've done.   1 Answer

Applications Developer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Our campus is probably the first campus TIAA has visited, the PPT was very interesting there were many high officials from TIAA present and the PPT was full of Interesting Technology to work on.
    We had an aptitude test and a coding round, the selected students had a Technical interview, we were asked technical questions on computer fundamentals and projects.
    after this we had a very interesting group activity of 30 mins followed by a HR.

I had a very good experience the Technical Panel was helpful when i was struggling with the algorithms and guiding us.

Interview Questions

• Basics of computer fundamentals and few popular complex algorithms, and i was also encountered a question regarding JAVA security libraries.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

First Round -Aptitude (very easy)
    Code = 2 codes in 30 min (PALINDROME , MEDIAN, AND HCF)
    Group Assesment= You have to explain all SDLC of given product
    TECHNICAL= data structure and database
    hr= be ready for puzzle dont give answers immediately

Interview Questions

• Puzzles
      There are 100 doors in a row, all doors are initially closed. A person walks through all doors multiple times and toggle (if open then close, if close then open) them in following way:

In first walk, the person toggles every door

In second walk, the person toggles every second door, i.e., 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, …

In third walk, the person toggles every third door, i.e. 3rd, 6th, 9th, …

………
      ……….

In 100th walk, the person toggles 100th door.

Which doors are open in the end?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

Interview

1 st coding questions on cocubes and Aptitude containing quants logical and english test... Then there were 3-4 rounds such as techinal Group discussion Group activity and managrerial and finally H R Round

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Lewisville, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

First I spoke over the phone with the recruiter then I was invited for a face-to-face with one of the team managers. It was conducted in one of their conference rooms. The questions were typical behavior type.