TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TIAA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.9

Corporate Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Resume screening, phone interview, and then in person meeting. The phone interview is not technical at all. all behavioral questions, and if you're coming from a banking background, they will most likely to ask you why you're making the move from the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from investment banking to a corporate job?   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a video interview where you would be asked certain company and job related questions. Followed by a series of questions to test certain cognitive functions. Also what seemed like an aptitude test. I would recommend for anyone to take an hour or two to finish the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TIAA in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long it took several months. Each time I visited the office I met 3-4 people individually which made for a long day and I wasn't offered anything to drink so bring bottled water. Some of the individuals interviewing g me we're very junior and I wasn't sure why I was meeting them. They each told me they had a script of questions to as me and then they would submit their feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were scripted (literally). Quite a few questions about my knowledge on Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied and a few days later received a call from a recruiter for a phone interview. After that, had one more phone interview and then was offered the job.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very pleasant Experience. As soon as we reached the venue, TIAA team asked us to join for breakfast. After that they began with presentation and gave goodies bag to everyone. There were 4 rounds overall. Every round was elimination round. First round was online test (30 Objective type questions in 30 mins), next were two F2F interviews and last one was managerial round. They provided pick and drop as well.The whole process took 8-9 hrs.

Interview Questions

• It was mix of manual and automation knowledge. Each and every word written in your CV was minutely scrutinized.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview date - 26th Nov (Saturday)
    Interview Venue - Godrej 1, Vikhroli-E, Mumbai
    Reporting time morning - 8 am
    Presentation started at 8.30 am (1 hour)

Interview process Rounds -
    Round 1: Online Computer Based Test (CBT) by MeritTrac (30 Questions in 30 minutes)
    (Choices of Sets - 1. HP-QC/Functional Testing and 2. Automation Testing)
    Round 2: L1 - Technical Round -1
    Round 2 - L2 - Technical Round -2
    Round 3 - L3 - Managerial Round

Waiting time between each round - 2 hours
    However, snacks/refreshments are offered to the candidates.

My L1 round was conducted at 11.30 am.
    My L3 round was conducted at 4.30 pm and I waited for the results of my CBT till 5.30pm

Overall experience:

Interview process was lengthy and could have been managed more effectively.
    Computer based test was just like a formality. Almost everyone in the batch of 40 people cleared the test. Too many technical glitches in the online test. Found many questions to be irrelevant/vague for the skill set for which the hiring process was conducted.
    Quality of the Computer based test could have been improved.

Interview Questions

• Manual Testing concepts, Agile, STLC, Bug/Defect cycle, HP-ALM/QC related questions, Knowledge of Automation tools - HP-UFT/selenium, framework concepts (even for manual testers if manual-cum-automation testers), Low severity-high priority defect   Answer Question

AD Sharepoint Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TIAA (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very frustrating, first they asked for two round of technical interview and I successfully clear those interviews. It was informed through HR person that I have to take face to face managerial round of interview and for that I have to come to Mumbai.
    But after that no one contacted me, after two months HR placement organization called me basically who process me resume, asked for Skype meeting but it was not scheduled.
    So after two weeks I call that placement organization about the interview scheduled they told me TIAA guys only looking for candidate who are staying in Mumbai/pune.

Interview Questions

• SharePoint apps, O365, migration, Jquery, Jsom etc. and few project management related questions   Answer Question

Senior Test Analyst (Associate) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TIAA (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was having 6 rounds
    1) online test
    2) Technical round 1
    3) Technical round 2( Higher level person will take)
    4) intetview on call to US( if you cleared this till yhis round, then you are clear)
    5) managerial round( taken by director, vc, etc)
    6) HR round( salary negotiation on call)

Interview Questions

• Interview was good, they have tested all skills in very good way, asking for e.g.

Unix
      Sql
      Datawarehouse/etl concepts
      Testing methodologt and tools
      Testing process/ defect cycle and documentation
      Current project flow
      Answer Question

Senior Data Stage Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Mumbai (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had an interview on 17th December 2016. I was given Cab for pick up and drop from Pune To Mumbai. Got picked up at 6AM in the morning. Reached TIAA office at 9:15AM. Cleared online technical test at 11AM. Cleared Technical Face to Face round 4PM. Next was Technical interview again (US call) at 8:30PM and cleared that too. Next was Managerial interview at 9PM which again I cleared (atleast thats what I was told) and was told to wait for an offer within next 3-4 working days. Reached Pune back at 2:15 AM.
    So after a really long day, I was told by consultancy people that my candidature was put on hold since they already got required number of people and also since my number of experience was not enough(2.8 years). Now I am wondering what exactly went wrong. If anyone from TIAA can explain it to me then it would be very greatful.

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

It is the worst mismanaged interview process I have ever seen. It will take you whole Saturday. I was scheduled at 10 am They have taken a weired written test of 30 question at 11 am, its weired because question is not conceptual just a bit confusing like if A extends B and B extends A then what will happen. After that written I sat for 7 hours for my first technical round round menas it started at 6pm when I shouted on the interview coordinators. It was long more than an hour....question was mediocre...like hashmap, concurrenHashMap, volatile and atomic variables, some parking design and some people/product management question. The interviewer was really good and he wanted to know what I know. After that again I waited for half an hour for second round....and this time the interviewer wanted to know what I dont know. Since morning he was taking interview in three rooms at the same time...how...he has taken 2 pages with 5 programing questions and give to the candidate who were sitting in those 3 rooms and asked to solve in 20 min. This person was little self obsessed which you can easily figure out from his body language since I was watching since morning. I was also in one room....he told me about himself that he did that he did this and asked me to solve those problem. The problem was simple -
    1. Write lazy singleton class
    2. Count each word in text file
    3. Different colour to odd/evem row of table in angularjs
    4. 2,3 queries for Employee/Department combination

I have solved all except query one. I was too tired ...as soon I am done with the coding the person came....I tried to explain him the code...but he stopped me and told that- 'actually your code should speak you are not' :) ...then he asked some questions on double check locking in singleton and I had not aritten filereading code for word count problem..I had just written a method which accept a String and return each word count. He asked how will u read from file...I explained them with file and some stream like BufferredInputStream....it was simple discussion..... during this interview The head of that department also came and she also talked to me it was a normal discussion no technical. After this they told me that we all are leaving for that day since its 8.30pm night...you also leave there may be some US round or so.

US round never happened....and after 5 days I came to know that I did not clear the last technical round...hummm.... end of the story...GOD KNOWS.

Interview Questions

• 1. hashmap, concurrenHashMap, volatile and atomic variables, some parking design
      2. Write lazy singleton class