TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.9

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was intense, where I spoke with about 5 employees. All had great experiences and it was clear that they wanted me to be a good fit for the company as much as I wanted to the company to be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How did my hobbies relate to what I want to do with my career   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TIAA in August 2016.

Interview

Strong referral from current employee. Initial phone screen scheduled very quickly. Follow up hiring manager call lasted 1hr+, good rapport, expectation to move forward in process. Long delay in their follow up, no response from anyone until standard "thanks, but no thanks" email came from HR system. Zero feedback was quite surprising given level of role and employee referral. Companies need to realize this kind of poor communication and process management leaves a bad impression and hurts their brand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

The process took about 1-2 months. First there was a conference call, then a face to face interview. The process was not at all hectic, but the recruiters made things a lot easy.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Long 45 day interview process, that consisted of thorough question and answer sessions that often ran close to two hours in length. These were conducted on the telephone, in person, and through video conference.

Interview Questions

• It's not so much the questions, which are fairly standard, but going back over your answers will follow ups and more specificity.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA in July 2016.

Interview

Small panel interview with two people . Interviewer asked me to describe my previous job role as well as why I chose their company and my knowledge of the FSC Academy . Interview lasted about 20 minutes .

Interview Questions

• Q. Why did you choose TIAA ?
      Q. Describe how you handled a situation where you faced conflict and provide details .
      Q.What is the name of the TIAA CEO ?
      Q. Describe a time in previous role when you had to be creative ?
      Q. Do you have any questions?   1 Answer
    • What is the name of the TIAA CEO ?
      Q. Describe a time in previous role when you had to be creative ?
      Q. Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

It all happened pretty swiftly... I didn't even receive a call just a email saying that if I would like to move forward there was a dial in number to speak about benefits and more about the position. It was a group call.. After we had the chance to ask questions about the salary and the position and if you were still interested respond to the email with the time you would like to interview. All correspondence was by email. They schedule my interview and confirmed via email. I went in and interviewed in front of 2 people. It took maybe 2-3 business days and they sent me an email with an offer letter. The salary increase by about 4K once the testing is completed.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral situational questions. They are trying to see if you have the ability to learn. You have to pass 4 different state licensing test.   1 Answer

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TIAA (Tempe, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview/screening and was contacted back within two weeks to interview with the onsite manager. I interviewed with the onsite manager and was told that I would hear back regarding next steps within a week or two. After two weeks I sent a follow up and never heard back. After about a month and a half I decided to try again just to get some closure and the recruiter stated they would get back to me within a day or so. I waited two weeks and followed up again, and a few days later I got a message that the manager wanted to proceed with other candidates. Based on other reviews this is not out of the normal.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview. Mostly about why you want to work for TIAA.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview followed by a 45 minute in person with the manager. It was very professional and cordial. My salary requirements were discussed at the phone interview, so I knew ahead of time that it was feasible. The one on one interview was exactly what i expected.

Interview Questions

• tell me something that is not on your resume that you think I should know about you.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by in person interviews and follow ups with the human resources department. The in person interviews were at their campus and everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between oracle and ms sql db servers?   1 Answer

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial call is with an HR rep. They are the initial filter as with most company hiring processes. They will ask about your experience and what you do on a daily/weekly basis, your comfort with clients, your exposure to high net worth clients and your general knowledge of the position and the financial advising industry. They will go over how TIAA is different. Co has gone through a rebranding, updated their technology, and is looking to grow. In my phone call we also went over the opportunity for growth in my local area. They will ask your salary and may talk expectations of what/how compensation works at TIAA. They will also tell you the interview process is long, typically spanning 5+ interviews and 4-6 months so they can make sure you are a good fit culturally as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary, how many client calls/meetings do you field per week.   Answer Question