TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TIAA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA in January 2016.

Interview

First Interview over the phone asking general and specific questions about my background. Second Interview in person. In the second interview they are asking some of the same questions from the first interview, but they will get more into your client relationships and how you work with them.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for TIAA? What motivates you? How do you spend your time on a weekly basis? What type of role are you looking for? Tell me about how your worked with a recent prospect.   Answer Question

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple, one interview with the senior manager who I would be working under. This was for a winter internship, also got to meet some of the people who I would later be working with. The majority of the interview was about the position itself, answering any questions I had about the position as well as talking about a broad scope of the assignments I would be working on and how they would progress over time.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR more based on salary questions. Second interview with two Directors which I thought went very well. It was a phone interview. Standard interview questions. Received confirmation from HR afterwards to confirm that I would be ok to move forward with salary, so it seemed like I was a likely candidate to be chosen. Third phone interview was with more direct leads and was phone interview as well. The questions were a lot tougher and I was almost drilled. I followed up afterwards with HR, but received zero response from both of them. Never even received a rejection email. After going through all three rounds, I thought they wasted my time and strung me along. Wouldn't recommend this company due to communication and leadership style.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. What is your strengths. If you could be a superhero what would it be.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TIAA in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online. Contacted by recruiter in a week who scheduled an interview with hiring manager. Interview took place in hiring manager's office. This was disappointing since the professional thing to do is meet in a mutually beneficial conference room etc. The interview is very impersonal with several behavioral questions. Asked about minimum investible assets to be considered Wealth. Manager was wishy washy and said it depends on complexity. Another disappointing item. Asked about corporate credit card to build relationships with clients and again wishy washy. Met with another manager immediately after. I got more information from them since it was more getting to know each other. This is not a traditional Wealth Management firm or position. It's a sales position to convert customers to Wealth clients. I hear pay is good and seems like a good company.

Interview Questions

• When you are ahead of sales plan how does your behavior change?   Answer Question

IT Technical Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Applied online, received response within 2 weeks. Scheduled 30 minute phone interview with two members of their IT department. Interview consisted of basic questions (understanding what TIAA-CREF does, basic knowledge of technologies, etc.) Received response approximately 2.5 weeks later that they were moving forward with other recruits and thanking me for my time.

Interview Questions

• Talk about some technologies you've worked with in college projects.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Once I applied, I received an email for an interview through a web cam. It asked a series of questions, then recorded my response. A couple days later, interviewed with HR over the phone and then a face to face interview one week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I really did not negotiate. The pay was reasonable.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on phone with HR Talent Person in October, interviewed on phone with team in November and had two interviews in person in December.

All Interviews went well all four times and I had great references. However, I still not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, tell us about your background, etc.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Internal Audit interview. Phone screening with 2 employees. They were very friendly, pretty casual conversation. Predominantly personality/behavioral questions, but several questions to test your knowledge/understanding of internal audit (such as definitions). Tell us about yourself, problematic team member, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TIAA in October 2015.

Interview

two managers interviewed in person and took copious notes - somewhat relaxed but if you are vague then they will follow up requesting specific examples - have them ready is my only suggestion

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

It is a long and thorough process. Met with 4 people each 30 minutes. very conversational and it hit on all aspects of my resume. Talked skills, past experiences what I was looking for and your overall general interview questions.