TIAA Technical Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TIAA Technical Lead Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied thru the careers website and got a call from the recruiter about 2 weeks later. Recruiter spoke to me for about 30 minutes on the phone and scheduled two phone interviews within a week's time. I have done both of the phone interviews with the peers and have never received a feedback (negative or positive). Have tried to follow up with the persons I have interviewed but all of them ignored my emails. Have called the recruiter to ask for a follow up and left a voicemail which was never responded.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience and how it would be a good match for the role?   Answer Question
  • Asked me how I would handle a situation where the businesses needed to change the main scope in the middle of the project?   Answer Question
  • Current salary and why I was leaving my current job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TIAA

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Panel interview - you are invited into a conf room with 5-7 future peers and the manager. Everyone gets to ask you any question on any topic. Questions can range from personal to deeply technical.

Interview Questions

• Java & related technologies
      Front end development
      Project lifecycle for SDLC & Agile
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Talent acquisition team co-ordinate interviews well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Iselin, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

I got call from hr couple of hours before lunch. I spoke briefly and requested to talk over lunch. Over lunch we spent about 30 minutes going over hr questions. I was not prepared for this call. I answered basic questions with hesitation and uncertainty (i.e. what is agile. I was debating whether to answer this in general form or the way it's been used at my current work). Then came the salary question and I just blurted my current comp right away. (I should have diffused the question and requested to learn the responsibilities more first. Also tried to get a feel for the range first). 1 week later a group phone interview was scheduled. The team was not organized, 5 people for 1 hr interview. They asked very opened ended questions. I did not do a good job of closing them. They did not give me a chance to ask my questions. Interview ended with only 2 people speaking from their side. I followed up with hr and she said they were interested in a follow up. She called back 1 week later for follow up, in person video conference in their office. That was also not planned well from their side. The facility was brand new and very nice. Did not get a feel for where I would sit or work from. Again they were late and there was misinformation about where how they were going to meet. The video conference was nice. spend about 1 hr.

Interview Questions

They were not interested in me. They were interested in someone just filling the role (which was most likely a turnover).

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Two technical rounds, one telephonic and other face to face

Negotiation

They accepted what I asked for.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TIAA in April 2012.

Interview

People were really nice and friendly and the had everything ready before interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer